Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Picco Red Dot question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 02:56 PM
TRIPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco Red Dot question

I just my Red Dot in and I forgot to order a mount for it. I have a Revo 3.3 and a T- Maxx 3.3. Instead of waiting on one thru the mail is there any other mount I can use ? That I can go to my local hobby shop for . The mount in the Big Block conversion kit wouldnt work, will it?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
JLRevo

Default RE: Picco Red Dot question

I will work if you take the last tabs off the mount. And find a way for the linkage to line up. But the picco mount is what I use. I have both. When you get the mount if you gring off material on the mount where the adjuster screw is you can use more cluthbell and spur ste ups. Your choice.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
TRIPC

Any tips for the break in of the Picco.. I have broke in 4 TRX 3.3.. Is it any different for the Picco?
Old 09-19-2008, 04:32 PM
dkastil

no just get it up to around 200 run afor a few mins 3 or 4 then bring the piston to bds let it cool repeat a few times then run for a few more mins mby 5 to 6 repeat then run it for a few more mins up to 10 between break as you progress threw the cycles you slowly ramp up how much trigger you use ,break in is easy just keep tthe temps right around 200 .
Old 09-19-2008, 05:15 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on the heat cycle method posted above. That is probably the better if not the best and ideal way to do break-in on almost if not all big blocks because getting the "heat" through it is the key idea here. Like dkastil mentioned; u want it at least 200, but more idealy, around(this is just a approx. numbers, in the 220-240 range because that will ensure that the piston and sleeve are expanding enough while running. Just remember, that when u are letting it cool between heat cycles, make sure the piston is at bottom dead center(bdc)....and good luck with it once u do get it if u don't already have it....
Old 09-19-2008, 05:16 PM
TRIPC

Cool. I will try that. If for whatever reason the temps are not getting to around 200 should I lean it a little?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: TRIPC

Cool. I will try that. If for whatever reason the temps are not getting to around 200 should I lean it a little?
If the the temps aren't getting to 200, then I would say yes, and go ahead and lean the hsn the very slightest slightest amt(I mean very small, like 1/16 turn leaner because remember the piccos tend to have a very very narrow tuning window, so u don't want to over-lean it, especially during the breakin....
Old 09-19-2008, 05:47 PM
rcnitrohead

It would be better if you didnt lean it, use some aluminum foil and wrap it around the heat sink to block the cooling somewhat. That would be much better than leaning it since then you are depriving your engine of lubrication, this is a universal tip and is suggested on all engine break ins since most engines come pig rich from the factory.

Tom.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:20 PM
matts6887

Well, on that note; if u are still having problems getting the temp over 200 AFTER u have put the foil on the head, THEN lean it the slightest slightest amt. (like 1/16 turn leaner, but NO MORE than that)...
Old 09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
dkastil

it is ok to lean it but just try and get it hot by running it and med low speeds for a few mins to heat up you could be ahead of the game and heat the block with a heat gun they are cheep and a good thing to have.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Foil before leaning it for sure if possible.