Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Shock Oil Weight

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Soppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Oil Weight

Hey everyone,
I am planning on putting in tan and gold shock springs when I rebuild my shocks in the near future. I was wondering what would be the best shock oil to put in. I am planning on running on dirt, sand, asphalt, grass, and doing jumps (aka I need something that can take a decent size jump without bending the piston but also handle pretty well on road). I do have a sway bar kit so that should help with the on road stability. I appreciate any help with this. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:32 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: Shock Oil Weight

Well I'll chime in here and say it all depends on what you like....The only way to find out is try differant combinations......I have every weight of shock oil made and I use differant combinations for differant trucks...ie My savage uses one combo and my Tmaxx uses another and my truggy uses another yet....just grab a few differant weights and start experimenting...
Old 09-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Soppy

Ok, but what would be a good starting point? I order all my stuff online seeing as my nearest LHS is an hour away and with gas prices these days it hardly seems worth it to get a $3 bottle of oil. Anyway, I want to order this along with some other parts and I would like to pay as little for shipping as possible by combining my items in one order. I have a REVO 2.5R just so everyone knows.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:33 PM
ChaosEngine

Im useing silver springs and 50wt up front, blues and 60wt in the back, with the stock rockers, and pistons [&:]

works pretty good

my revo has never seen a track tho
Old 09-21-2008, 11:52 AM
sunco1

Well. Bash the heck out of it until you break something big. Then you have an excuse to go to you lhs
Old 09-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Soppy

Well the online stuff I'm ordering is pretty big (THS Hardcoat Exhaust, Venom Failsafe, New tan and gold springs, Bad Horsie Shock Socks, Ofna Receiver Battery, Ofna Fuel Filter, Relux Rims, Zombie Maxx Tires) most of which my LHS doesn't carry unfortunately. Plus the stuff they do carry I can get a better deal on online. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:45 PM
rcdudegermy10

check out the traxxas website, Steve slayden's pit pass, on the right hand side of the page, it gives a ton of info on the Revo including suspension set-ups