Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx 3.3 won't shift into second

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 PM
r1guy567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx 3.3 won't shift into second

it was working fine earlier today ,but now it just stays in first. The tuning is good its not too rich so I know thats not the problem. i'm stumped
Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: tmaxx 3.3 won't shift into second

Check out this thread, the guy even took apart his tranny to see what he needed to do.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7972209/tm.htm
Old 09-20-2008, 09:16 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its probably either the set screw is not out enough turns or something in the trans is outta whack from the sounds of it, but follow that thread that Jim posted the link to and hopefully that will point ya in the right direction....
Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 AM
kipstmaxx

haha thats my post.lol
make sure the one grub screw is tight on the shaft and tighten the shift point grub screw all the way and back it out 7 times.i also put the carb screws back to factory specs...lsn closed,then 1.5-1.7 turns out..hsn close then 4 turns out.thats what i did and everything works perfect now..hope this helps out.good luck