Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tamxx tire ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:13 PM
ALL RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamxx tire ?

here is the problem, I took my rims and tires off the truck to clean them, I decided for aome reason to soak them in soap and water, they turned out very nice until I put them back on the truck, now it seems like they our out of balance or somthing, they bounce all over the place and one tire seem to ballon like crazy, they our the stock rims and tires off a revo 3.3, is ther any soulution, or did i mess tham up.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:41 PM
TMaxxDriver

Default RE: tamxx tire ?

did you take the tires off of the rims or what? if you didnt do it that way, maybe the tire foams could have soaked up some water, making them seem off balance. just an idea.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:52 PM
ALL RIDER

no i did not take the rims off the tires, I have glued them on, thats what I thought the problem could be, is there any way to get the tires off the rims with out runing them, I used suer glue, not the actual tire glue.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

The tire foam is probably filled with water, you might be able to squeez some of the water out, or you can do this and let the foams dry out, then re-glue...

[link=http://rcbros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=889]RC Bros[/link]
Old 09-20-2008, 10:25 PM
dirtpile

Acetone will do it. Though it will disolve some rims in the process. Usually at least takes the chrome or silver paint off too.
And you really should be using tire glue. Even though super glue (most anyway) uses the same active ingredient (cynoacrylate) it has a lower concentration and is rife with fillers which reduce it's bonding strength on less porous surfaces.

And you may be able to remove the water without removing the tires. Try putting the wheels in a sealed plastic bag, one at a time should work out best, and use a wet/dry vac to pull a vacuum on the bag. This will queeze a lot more water out than you could bo hand and has the added benefit of causing any water that doesn't squeeze out to spread evenly throughout the foam. If you hold the vacuum for a while the water may boil out. (Yes, at room temperature. Isn't physics fun?)
Old 09-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Revomad1

You have water inside the tires. You shouldn't soak them when cleaning them. Just scrub them with a brush and some Simple green (or soapy water) and rinse them quickly under running water. Use a small drill bit to drill 2-4 small holes in the tread of your tires, then drive like a madman until the water spins out of the tires! lol. You might even see it coming out if there was a lot in there.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
ALL RIDER

thanks for all the info, I used some nail poliosh reomer and it seemed to work great, took the tire off the rim and sure enogh, one of my tires had lots of water in it will be running later today so hopeing for the best thanks agian