Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

found os 18 TM for $149

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:46 AM
nitro rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found os 18 TM for $149

this was a very exciting find. My tmaxx is in dire need of a new engine and i was lening away from the upgrade to the 3.3 (i have the 2.5). I heard great things about the os18tm but i knew it was discontinued. So after lots of google i found one that wasn't $200. The only thing i am worried about is that there is no picture on the website. The adress must be legitimate because i found it on google earth!! So i assume the hobby store is real. Since it is almost winter, i will wait until next spring to buy it. Hopefull they will still have it in stock. i would give the link to the site but i don't want everyone else to buy the rest of the stock before i get a chance to buy one. Sorry!!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:47 AM
nitro rc

Default RE: found os 18 TM for $149

also could anyone with experience with this engine give me their thoughts on it. For example, break in, tuning, durability, etc. Also can i get an idea of how long everyone's has lasted (gallons).
thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 AM
nitro rc

one more question. When this comes to me in the mail, will the carb come attached or will i need to attach it and seal it. and will my tmaxx airfilter fit on it.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:44 PM
ridikt

it is a very good engine. i ran one on my max before i upgraded to the .21tm. tuning is a breeze and it still has great power. it would make my max do wheelies while running big joes. as for the carb question, it should come attached. ive only had about a gallon and a half through it, but it still seemed like is was getting more and more power through that first gallon. when you first get it, do the heat cycle break in, cause they like to run hot while breaking in, both my .18tms and my .21tm have run hot for about the first 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of fuel, and take it easy on it for the first gallon or so and it will last forever. im not sayin you just have to put it around, just no extreme stuff.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:36 PM
BigDen2.5R

Yes the o.s. 18tm comes with the carb attached and it is a direct drop in so your air filter, clutch, flywheel, ez start, motor mount etc. will all fit from your old motor. I have one on my tmaxx and i love it. I have run about 4 gallons through it and it still runs like new, easy to tune and its still on its 2nd. glowplug. If I were you I would not wait till spring, they might be out of stock by then or the price might go up, $149 is what i paid for mine from tower hobbies 18 months ago.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Helpmepls

I have the OS .18 in my revo and i love it. I can ride a wheelie forever with it. Its much easier to tune then the old 2.5r was. Im sure you will like it. I was thinking about buying one for a jato i recently got but dont have the money right now. Id go ahead and buy it to, hate to miss out on it.