Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx 2.5 spur gear question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:23 PM
ALL RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx 2.5 spur gear question

I was wonder if it was possible to change out the spur gear set up on a 2.5, to the 3.3, it is just so much easier to change.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
tominator06
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tmaxx 2.5 spur gear question

The gear ratio is much different in the new grey tranny. You might be able to get a big enough spur and small enuogh clutchbell to get the ratio close but it might not align with the stock engine mounting holes. Not saying it cant be done just letting you know what might happen. stock 72 spur on old tranny 58 tooth on the grey one. Serious difference. I have run a 72 tooth on my 3.3 tranny with a 20 tooth clutchbell and it has a ton of torque and no speed. Instant wheelies. just did it cause I was out of spurs and wanted to try it. I only got this to mesh cause I have custom slotted engine mounting holes in my chassis. Otherwise there isnt enough room for the big spur.