Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

work stands

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:27 AM
choppaholix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: work stands

Just an up date on my new bolt down.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48466.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1044698  
Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 AM
TMaxxDriver

choppa, like I have told ya before, you never cease to amaze me!!

I actually wanted to know, [sm=idea.gif] where do you get all your free time to fabricate/reinvent your stand?! Do you still spend time bashing? I hope so!! I can never seem to find time to bash, let alone weld a totally awesome frickin' truck stand!!! Do you work too?!

All in all, I'm impressed... I wish I had a welder so that I could whip something together, and SHOW OFF like choppa does!!! LoL [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
choppaholix

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

I actually wanted to know, [sm=idea.gif] where do you get all your free time to fabricate/reinvent your stand?! Do you still spend time bashing? I hope so!! I can never seem to find time to bash, let alone weld a totally awesome frickin' truck stand!!! Do you work too?!

All in all, I'm impressed... I wish I had a welder so that I could whip something together, and SHOW OFF like choppa does!!! LoL [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Im a field service diesel tech im around construction equipment 24/7 i work on CAT/JOHN DEERE/CASE/KOMATSU/BOBCAT/etc so when it comes to mechanical functions or articulation or electrical you name it im involved in. That explains where i get my Ideers Im also around all kind of service techs from big companies and we have something in commond "RC".So being amechanic in my proffetion also exsplain it.And my time to work on my stand i get when i get called at 2-3-or-4 am then i get home early about say 10-am thats when im off and have plenty of time. Bashing i dont know what that means no more[:@] And i appreciate your comments thanx buddy.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:38 AM
mortz4

heres mine.. made of scrap picture frame and plexi glass..

Name:	Mj24561.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1056754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20775.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1056755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di98993.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1056756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc86464.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1056757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn76843.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1056758  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 AM
choppaholix

Very nice!!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:37 AM
yngwie

ORIGINAL: choppaholix

I almost forgot about my other lift toy.
Wow! I LIKE the jack!! Is it functional? Even if it's not it would be really cool for display! Got any jackstands?

Yngwie
Old 10-22-2008, 02:37 PM
TMaxxDriver

ORIGINAL: mortz4

Why is that Jato so clean?? Shelf queen?? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Get out there and get it dirty... [sm=punching.gif]

I will post pics of my 'new' Jato later today, and show you how dirty I got it the other day... I might add some more dirt today... [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
dude7422

NICE TRUCK STAND CHOPPA MAYBE ADD A PARTS TRAY HEHEHE[8D]
Old 10-22-2008, 10:19 PM
choppaholix

ORIGINAL: yngwie

Wow! I LIKE the jack!! Is it functional? Even if it's not it would be really cool for display! Got any jackstands?

Yngwie
Yeah its fuctional it works good just like the real one just smaller
Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 PM
choppaholix

I know i havent been here for a few weeks besides yesterday. What do you guys think of this crazy over kill idea? but i was thinking of adding a second attachment on my work stand, just becouse the other day i was to lazy to remove my LST and was wondering about a second one[sm=50_50.gif] Or its just me wanting to built something[sm=tongue_smile.gif] tell me im not nuts yet!![sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 PM
choppaholix

ORIGINAL: dude7422

NICE TRUCK STAND CHOPPA MAYBE ADD A PARTS TRAY HEHEHE[8D]
You mean this.

Name:	Ol31555.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1057219  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:03 PM
TMaxxDriver

I know i havent been here for a few weeks besides yesterday. What do you guys think of this crazy over kill idea? but i was thinking of adding a second attachment on my work stand, just becouse the other day i was to lazy to remove my LST and was wondering about a second one[sm=50_50.gif] Or its just me wanting to built something[sm=tongue_smile.gif] tell me im not nuts yet!![sm=bananahead.gif]
Heck Choppa, go for it... If you have the means to do, then by all means, DO IT!! Personally, I think that the possibilities would be ENDLESS if you have the equipment to fabricate things like you do....
Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 AM
choppaholix

Thanx buddy!! when i do i might just make two another for me and one for TMD what do you think?[8D]
Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 AM
TMaxxDriver

dooooood!! Heck yes!!! I'm down with that idea!! Here I am with my junky 2x4's and you got this huge skyscraper on your bench that flips every which direction!! Thats awesome, mad skills right there!! Choppa=my hero!!

I'm just tryin to encourage you. You do mighty fine work... That thing is functional, original, appears durable... It's just awesome in MY book... Let me know when you get fabricating, I wanna see your next creation!!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:24 AM
yngwie

Yngwie
Where can I get one? That thing is just too awesome! I think the wife would even like that (I can see her eyes rolling now!). I know that my stepson would.

Yngwie
Old 10-24-2008, 02:01 AM
TMaxxDriver

Im a field service diesel tech im around construction equipment 24/7 i work on CAT/JOHN DEERE/CASE/KOMATSU/BOBCAT/etc so when it comes to mechanical functions or articulation or electrical you name it im involved in. That explains where i get my Ideers Im also around all kind of service techs from big companies and we have something in commond "RC".So being amechanic in my proffetion also exsplain it.And my time to work on my stand i get when i get called at 2-3-or-4 am then i get home early about say 10-am thats when im off and have plenty of time. Bashing i dont know what that means no more[:@] And i appreciate your comments thanx buddy.
You have like my DREAM JOB... I am in the process of going to CDL training... I eventually wanna get certified for heavy machinery too. There are NO jobs in Ohio, but I plan on moving back to SC where I did construction for about a year. I wanna get my CDL to drive dump truck, not necessarily semi trucks...
Old 10-24-2008, 02:04 AM
TMaxxDriver

Yngwie
Where can I get one? That thing is just too awesome! I think the wife would even like that (I can see her eyes rolling now!). I know that my stepson would.

Yngwie

I seen them on ebay somewhere... They had mini-jacks and mini-jack stands... I am planning on getting 4 jack stands, and a mini jack... The guy I found on ebay, actually lives in MY city, so I contacted him about getting them from him locally, to save on shipping... I will try to find it, and provide a link.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 AM
TMaxxDriver

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Torin-Mini-Jack-Stands-Collectible-Model-T40102L_W0QQitemZ220292028261QQcmdZViewItem?_trksi d=p3286.m20.l1116]Mini Jack Stands[/link]

[link=http://www.genuinehotrod.com/Products.asp?DepID=5&SecID=57&PLID=160]Mini Floor Jack[/link]

[link=http://www2.northerntool.com/die-cast-collectibles/shop-tools/item-144886.htm]Mini Jack[/link] < I think I like this one the best.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:23 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mortz4

Why is that Jato so clean?? Shelf queen?? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Get out there and get it dirty... [sm=punching.gif]

I will post pics of my 'new' Jato later today, and show you how dirty I got it the other day... I might add some more dirt today... [sm=bananahead.gif]
I agree, get out there and get that jato dirty before the "Winter" season comes and most people don't wanna run during the winter(well some do it anyway during the winter, but u know what I mean)...