Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-maxx 2.5r power loss

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
kustomkb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx 2.5r power loss

I have a t-maxx with several gallons thru it. i am not getting the ripping low end i Used to. Is it time for a new p/s?
I am not getting much smoke but i do get fuel out the pipe. I went to factory settings and tried tuneing every which way. I replaced the fuel lines but havent sealed the engine yet. Air leak, too rich? it does lean out and rev up when it runs out of gas. Have any machinists out there tried pinching their sleeve in a collet closer?

any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:24 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: t-maxx 2.5r power loss

ORIGINAL: kustomkb

I have a t-maxx with several gallons thru it. i am not getting the ripping low end i Used to. Is it time for a new p/s?
I am not getting much smoke but i do get fuel out the pipe. I went to factory settings and tried tuneing every which way. I replaced the fuel lines but havent sealed the engine yet. Air leak, too rich? it does lean out and rev up when it runs out of gas. Have any machinists out there tried pinching their sleeve in a collet closer?

any help is greatly appreciated!
Well, it sounds like ur piston and sleeve could very well possibly be "toast". I would either try getting the sleeve re-pinched; for which u can go here: [link=http://www.rayaracing.com/]sleeve re-pinching[/link]
Or buy a new piston and sleeve, or even better yet, do the engine replacement plan(ERP) for like 110 bucks
Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
TMaxxDriver

$115.. close enough. [:@]
Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 PM
kustomkb

Thanks,

If I go the ERP route and upgrade to the 3.3 will I start stripping gears, diffs etc. I guess they sell a t-maxx with a 3.3 stock eh?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, they do sell the tmaxx now with the 3.3 stock; however; they also as far as I know, still make the 2.5 engine also. But even if u do th ERP and go for the 3.3; to answer the ? u have' no u wont be stripping gears and diffs right off the bat that like that. Those gears should take quite a bit of abuse even with the 3.3 in it; if not, then u could probably upgrade the gears or whatever u need to IF it got to that point; however, again like I said; u shouldn't have to upgrade them as the stock gears and stock diff gears should be able to handle quite a bit of abuse.....
Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
TMaxxDriver

+1 here... I am in the process of dropping a 3.3 into my 2.5r maxx at the moment... I wont have to upgrade anything yet, as i have many people say that it will be able to handle the extra power... so just $115, and your old engine, and you can have the next best thing, the 3.3!!! No need to upgrade any gears/tranny until you break something. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:47 PM
kustomkb

Thanks, looks like i'm getting a new engine