Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need your input on my BL Emaxx

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 AM
petebroch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your input on my BL Emaxx

Hey guys im looking for your advice, help, input or whatever you thnk of my BL setup in my 3905 Emaxx. Heres what im running...
Mamba Monster esc, Neu 1512/2D/s motor, Maxamps 4s 5000mah battery, 20t pinion and stock 68t spur. I have 18t and 19t pinions that i will be trying also. My problem is this... i ran the same setup (15t pin 46 spur)in an Ofna Jammin buggy and blew the Mamba Monster within 10mins of running, somehow the smoke escaped. motor temp was 105, esc was 90 and battery was still cool. So i put the motor in my Emaxx and was going to run it with that. What do you all think? Should i make any changes? That Neu 1512/2d a good Emaxx motor? Thanks!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:39 AM
ajb1205

Default RE: Need your input on my BL Emaxx

If you haven't yet, take a look over at this forum...

http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

You should be able to find more than enough info. I am patiently waiting to go brushless in my new E-Revo. From what I have seen/heard, the 1512 will work but many like the 1515 because of the larger can (which = more torque = better for a heavy MT). I just had a fellow drop by with his new brushless E-Revo and he was running the Monster Mamba, 1512/1y (way too high of a kv rating IMO) and 2 2s 8000 MaxAmp lipo and that thing flatout MOVES! I am looking at a 1515/1y but am still hesitant as the MMM still seem to be dropping like flys. Guess I just enjoy a stock brushes E for a little longer.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
ratpower396

Default RE: Need your input on my BL Emaxx

I have a mamba max not a monster in an e maxx on 12 cells & its fine..I read where alot of people are blowing up the monster max escs for some manufacturer problem..