Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

need a new moter

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 PM
chuck67207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a new moter

ok guys was wanting to replace my tired 3.3 moter in my t maxx, was wanting to go with one that i can drop in with little mods as possible, was looking at the os.21tm was just wanting some feedback if that would be a good choice and if so where is best place to get one. without breaking my wallet. do they hold a good tune? have heard alot of good things about the os moters. or what other opions do i have. thanks.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:21 PM
jd31

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need a new moter

get a picco 26
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Maxximize

i dont have one of these, but a friend of mine has one. great motor! it absolutely destroys the 3.3 for speed and accel. ive seen him race his lil bro who has the 3.3 and its not even close lol. he bought it on tower hobbies, its still 300 bucks there but you have the option of easy pay, which is 3 easy payments of 100 i think spanned over a month, so it doesnt seem as bad. for tuning it is much more reliable than the 3.3, which is sparatic at best for tuning. he can start the thing on 1 or 2 pulls every time and itll usually hold that tune in 20 degrees temp difference to previous setting outside. also didnt take him long to get it tuned in after break in and hes a newb lol so it must be pretty easy to get set in. all in all great motor if your thinking of getting it, you wont be unsatisfied! wont beat a picco 26 or sirio 27, but will beat all trx powered t maxx hands down
Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 PM
chuck67207

ok the reason i think i need a new moter is cannot get it to tune out, the idel is way to high, i have tryed everything i can think of to fix it. have changed all the fuel lines, have reset all needles to factory. lsn to flush. and went as far as replaceing the carb body. still have same prolem. have checked all linkage notheing has worked now matter where i have set the needles still have way to high idel cannot get it to come down. the slide is set to about 1mm from closed. driveing me nuts. cannot figure it out. thought maybe the head was leaking. causeing a air leak but the temps are not high about 235-250 just can not get it to idel down. had a guy from a hobby store look at it he tryed everything to still same problem. if anyone has any ideas let me know. trim on transmitter is at 0 also. thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 12:05 AM
chuck67207

iam useing byrons20%. i also have the moter sealed up? i forgot to tell ya all that. even check the needles to make sure one wasnt bent. i have 2 other 3.3 but never ran into this before. thanks.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 AM
FordMechanic

What kind of fuel are you using?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:43 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

l run OS engines in all my revo's.
3.4cc or .21 is an Awsome drop in for a revo, roughly double the power of the old 3.3, will blow you away.
Get ready to replace axles and shafts !
OS engines hold a better tune than traxxas engines right across the board.

Tuning on any motor is easier with 30% or even 25% nitro.

l have an OS engine thats 3 years old, never had after run oil through it, is run only in the wet on rainy days ! Its in a kyosho dodge ram 1/10th scale.Its flies ! l treat it bad l know but its a knock around l was experimenting with, and well, it wont die ! Hasnt even blown a diff !
The engine gets new fuel and air filter and i drive it, l wouldnt dare open the engine for fear of what ld see ! hahaha It hasnt been started this summer yet, still waiting on rain ! queensland australia ! We get all our rain in summer .
Old 11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
davidaxper

I'm sure the .21TM is a good engine, but it doesn't provide roughly double the power...

And I'm sure it is a very good engine, but $300? you could almost buy a new Maxx for that.

Here is what a stock 3.3 will do if tuned right, and here I am running it on 5% Powermaster with 18% oil content.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLlZVVJML4c[/youtube]