Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Which Picco BB is the best fit for Revo

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Picco BB is the best fit for Revo

and i assume you have owned both motors? read closer. i said picco 26. not picco 28. i don't own or have never ran a picco 28.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: STANG FEVER

and i assume you have owned both motors? read closer. i said picco 26. not picco 28. i don't own or have never ran a picco 28.
I've owned and ran both..... both are great motors. The .28 picco will cost you more just because it'll eat drivetrain faster then a fat kid eats cookies. You'll need all steel tranny, aluminum diff cups, and good cvd's to run the .28 reliably. The .26 is a little more managable but it doesn't compare to the .28. The .28 has been alot easier to tune for me too.

I like having that extra power on tap when I want it. I always say it's better to have more power then not enough.... you don't HAVE to drive full throttle all the time. Once you get used to the power of the .28 you'll never want anything else. Medium blocks just don't compare.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:26 PM

the revo does not need a special chassis for bump start...to stock one is ment for bump start....

as far as the ninja being the "weakest" of the three....these are very small margins...

picco is good for heavy MT that need all that low end

os .28 was originaly made for truggy

ninja is a allround preformer, not quite low end of a picco,but close.and not quite the rpm of a 21....but in a 9lbs revo it a beast, and is a perfect match for it(look at my vids).......in a 12lbs mt you might want a picco as the power is shifted lower in the rpm.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: absolutemayhem

the revo does not need a special chassis for bump start...to stock one is ment for bump start....

as far as the ninja being the ''weakest'' of the three....these are very small margins...

ninja is a allround preformer, not quite low end of a picco,but close.and not quite the rpm of a 21....but in a 9lbs revo it a beast, and is a perfect match for it(look at my vids).......in a 12lbs mt you might want a picco as the power is shifted lower in the rpm.

I wish you would shoot more video of that BB Revo...take it off some jumps and stuff...lets see what kind of a beast it is...... ! it looks good on the flat stuff, but so does my onroad car...lets see some videos of you taking some air !!!!!!

By the way I like the Ninja 28's alot...they are the most tractable of the powerful .28's...Ninja 28 on a MSR 1005 is awesome !
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 PM

as far as the ninja being the ''weakest'' of the three....these are very small margins...

My bad.... I thought it needed a different chassis or a hole cut.

Either way,,,, you said it..... very small margins..... your looking at another 150-200 bucks for the O.S. XZ .28 and a starter box.... kind of pointless for a couple tenths of a HP that you will barely notice.... you could buy a picco .28 and a rebuild kit and still have money left over for that price. Or you could have the picco modded to where it would blow the O.S. out of the water for less then the O.S. costs stock. I could see it if your going for all out top end records or had a truck that could take that kind of power, but to be honest, the stock, picco/lrp/O.S./Ninja is alreay pushing it for even the most beefed traxxas drivetrains.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 AM

i'll have to check into the picco .28 then. is it a drop in motor for the revo 3.3 or t-maxx 2.5?
Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 AM

i'll have to check into the picco .28 then. is it a drop in motor for the revo 3.3 or t-maxx 2.5?

No,

It'll require a BB kit to fit either.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:23 PM

close in hp #'s..true....but you get high quality parts, more rpm and awsome carbs with the ninja and O.S. not to mention its easy to find spare parts, for the os anyways.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

I've owned and ran both..... both are great motors. The .28 picco will cost you more just because it'll eat drivetrain faster then a fat kid eats cookies. You'll need all steel tranny, aluminum diff cups, and good cvd's to run the .28 reliably. The .26 is a little more managable but it doesn't compare to the .28. The .28 has been alot easier to tune for me too.

I like having that extra power on tap when I want it. I always say it's better to have more power then not enough.... you don't HAVE to drive full throttle all the time. Once you get used to the power of the .28 you'll never want anything else. Medium blocks just don't compare.
Amen! My sentiments exactly as I have owned both motors and I got another P3 for my MBX-6T. These are far better than people give them credit.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM

close in hp #'s..true....but you get high quality parts, more rpm and awsome carbs with the ninja and O.S. not to mention its easy to find spare parts, for the os anyways.

No doupt, the OS and Ninja are nicer engines... but they cost significantly more then the Picco so its all justified...... however they dont run or last any better then the Picco, in fact the OS will wear out before the Picco will...
Old 12-10-2009, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: supertib

No doupt, the OS and Ninja are nicer engines... but they cost significantly more then the Picco so its all justified...... however they dont run or last any better then the Picco, in fact the OS will wear out before the Picco will...
true with the v-spec....there are plenty storys about that out there..grp on the other hand are tottally different..i got 7 gallons on my con rod...and it at a .003" tolerance i belive...i cant remember exacly, but it was very good.

box stock i belive the os, nova and grp run better then picco...unfourtunatly piccos low price is reflected in there carb, if they desigend a good carb and hade better sealing i would pick one up even if that means they raise the price..... anyways im thinking about getting that JL .28, sealing the crap out of it, and giving it a go...because i really dont need MORE low end tourqe of the p3.i really prefer mid to top end power. i also plan on buying the .28xz....im at that point in my hobbie where i dont get to drive it that much...and i just want motors for some reason...i bought a new GRP .28 tuned ( most beautiful motor ive ever seen) motor 4 months ago.. and i havent even broken it in yet...lol

Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: supertib

true with the v-spec....there are plenty storys about that out there..grp on the other hand are tottally different..i got 7 gallons on my con rod...and it at a .003'' tolerance i belive...i cant remember exacly, but it was very good.

box stock i belive the os, nova and grp run better then picco...unfourtunatly piccos low price is reflected in there carb, if they desigend a good carb and hade better sealing i would pick one up even if that means they raise the price..... anyways im thinking about getting that JL .28, sealing the crap out of it, and giving it a go...because i really dont need MORE low end tourqe of the p3.i really prefer mid to top end power. i also plan on buying the .28xz....im at that point in my hobbie where i dont get to drive it that much...and i just want motors for some reason...i bought a new GRP .28 tuned ( most beautiful motor ive ever seen) motor 4 months ago.. and i havent even broken it in yet...lol

I hear ya about engines dude ! I always love having new and different engines...My latest acquisition is a RB 928.. I think with modifications its going to be a monster... As for the different brands of engines, I imagine my perspectives are quite different as I really only run modified engines..So when I say Picco it really means a Clockwork Modified Picco....And not intending to promote myself here, but one of my engines runs much different then a stock Picco does.... So when you hear me comparing engines its comparing them as modified engines that have had any factory issues corrected..as in Picco seals ( i change seals on some of my picco's) ... Now IMO the Picco 28 is a pretty killer engine as a modified, likely my favorite so far of the 28's....plus they are prices extremely good for the potential they hold..I sell modified Picco 28's cheaper then a stock OS 28, alot cheaper if I'm not mistaken....In stock trim I really like the GRP/Ninja its likely my favorite of the stock 28's...it has a great powerband and sounds fantastic doing its thing...the first time I heard a Ninja 28 I was sold !!!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 AM

Ya I want a picco .28,I want to build a badass skate park and motorcross track basher,I am thinking about buying another and having 1 set up for dirt and the other for pavement,but I think one will do just fine.