RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE.... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/4013044-picco-26-max-dark-side.html)

i_see_dirt 11-19-2006 07:54 PM

RE: Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE....

I have one question.....

Will the stock gearing in my 2.5R T-Maxx work with a beast like the picco 26?

SIM2U 11-19-2006 09:10 PM

If you put some washers directly under the motor mounting lip where it bolts to the mount, it will help lift the motor to give better mesh...any simpler and ill have to post a pic...but im a mac guy and rcu is PC-afied.

Late response...ooops!

ORIGINAL: Kawasakirider

I don't understand how the washers could lengthen it, I thought the washers were pushing the mount up, inturn raising the clutch bell to make good connection with the spur gear, I guess I was wrong. If I can't get it to work, I will just buy a 16 t CB. it's no biggie.

Trent.

Revomad1 11-19-2006 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: TriPower

ORIGINAL: clarkec

What do you know, great mind's think (somewhat) alike!
Ha, I was thinking the same thing. :D

Have you tried 18/36 yet? Mine is still a wheelie monster with 17/36, so I'd like to try the 18 for even more top speed.
No, I haven't gone bigger than 16/38 gearing but I have a 17t clutchbell to try. I use Robinson Racing hardened steel gears, they're the only way to go when using big horsepower.

Kawasakirider 11-20-2006 05:42 AM

OK guys, I understand what BJD was talking about with the mount. Tripower, next time you have your mount and engine out, could you take some pics of the mount and do a somewhat detailed walkthrough on how to make it fit? I have a dremel kit and if it is only a bit of work I'd much rather do that than have to do the ghetto thing with the washers, if it takes to long then the washers aren't a problem.

ScRacing 11-20-2006 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

hay guys, i want ot get the ofna force 32, will it fit in the 28 revo engine mount from picco?

can anyone help me out?

Kawasakirider 11-20-2006 09:02 AM

This is kinda a picco .26 thread. I'm sure you will get an answer soon enough though.

Kawasakirider 11-20-2006 09:04 AM

Something that might be of interest to you, a guy on the traxxas forum in the revo section has installed a RE sure fire .32 in his revo, go check it out.

beelzebubishere 11-20-2006 09:21 AM

You would probably be happier with an OS, or maybe even the OEM 3.3, as the Picco is like an "unpolished" jewel, out of the box. But with a little work it will shine as bright or brighter, than anything in it's class.
It's just not for everyone, and most people that get one, and already have reservations, will never be happy with it.

ORIGINAL: Junglist8.2

Its been months since this thread was started, I just ordered a 3.3 Revo last night, I wouldn't dare challenge the darkside, but I'm wondering if ofna fixed the leaks in the crank by now so we won't have to do all that sealing and possibly sending the engine back for repairs.

Everyone seems to have had good and bad issues at different times with the engine, I think I remember someone using plumbers tape to help the carb hold its settings, it kinda starts sounding like a downplayed nightmare.

I have an Hpi MT2 which I use to drive 2.5 revos mad, thats after I put the 2 speed in, but the O.S. .18CVR has a strict diet for spur gears, I'm just looking to step into the bigger class with awesome potential from a more robust machine. With the stretched chassis on the new revo and the picco .26 it should be the ultimate track monster-truck, with an ungodly 2.7 hp to boot.

Everyone sounds pleased with it as long as it stays running, but after all bugs are gone is it as faithful as an O.S.?

ScRacing 11-20-2006 09:33 AM

Something that might be of interest to you, a guy on the traxxas forum in the revo section has installed a RE sure fire .32 in his revo, go check it out.
thats just it, there aren't any really good engine mounts for big blocks, but don't the picco 28 have the same engine mount as the 32 force?

Kawasakirider 11-20-2006 09:33 AM

What do you mean by an unpolished jewel? Does it need work, or just persistance to get it past the 1st gallon? Thanks.

beelzebubishere 11-20-2006 09:42 AM

Apparently.....someone hasn't been paying attention......LOL!

What do you mean by an unpolished jewel? Does it need work, or just persistance to get it past the 1st gallon? Thanks.

Kawasakirider 11-20-2006 09:44 AM

If your talking about the mount and the gearing I don't class that as an engine problem at all. I have read through this thread and there are very few complaints about the actual engine.

SIM2U 11-20-2006 11:14 AM

I think you are missunderstanding what he is tellng you though lol...about the engine that is.

If your talking about the mount and the gearing I don't class that as an engine problem at all. I have read through this thread and there are very few complaints about the actual engine.

Kawasakirider 11-20-2006 11:49 AM

I'm not worried about the engine, I've used them before (the picco .26 max) I was worried about getting it all mounted up and secure, I understand that now. So what are you talking about? Sorry for the confusion, it's 2:50 AM here. LOL.

TriPower 11-20-2006 03:57 PM

Kawasakirider, buy the Picco, and spend some quality time mounting it up. You will be very happy. Post your questions here once you get started.

ScRacing 11-20-2006 06:01 PM

cna any one help me out??? ofna didn't anser me in the e-mail i setn them over a month ago.

Revomad1 11-20-2006 06:36 PM

Your fishing in the wrong lake man! There are lots of other engine threads dedicated to Big Block discussions. This thread is dedicated to the Picco .26 MAX. Have some patience and do a forum search! I'm trying to be helpfull, not rude. Good luck with your quest for insane HORSEPOWER!

SIM2U 11-20-2006 09:12 PM

What would you guys say is the best engine mounting system for the picco...
[8D]

Revomad1 11-21-2006 12:09 AM

Use the OFNA mount and follow the steps I posted on page 10 to add some adjustability for using different gear ratios.

SIM2U 11-21-2006 08:19 AM

I already know more than enough about the "mounting" issues...mounting (to give me a headache), he he he. But my question was "what do YOU + other guys, think is the BEST system for the PICCO .26", whether it be modding a sirio mount or whatever...?

It would be good to see how many can think outside the box as such.

ORIGINAL: clarkec

Use the OFNA mount and follow the steps I posted on page 10 to add some adjustability for using different gear ratios.

revofreak 11-21-2006 11:22 AM

hey guys i was wondering what the factory carb settings are for the picco .26?
Picco .26 too the maxx!!
thanks for your input
Revofreak

SIM2U 11-21-2006 11:58 AM

Factory settings are: "flush" needle settings.

ORIGINAL: revofreak

hey guys i was wondering what the factory carb settings are for the picco .26?
Picco .26 too the maxx!!
thanks for your input
Revofreak

beelzebubishere 11-21-2006 12:08 PM

Here ya go....
http://nitroobsession.proboards79.co...ead=1241901711

revofreak 11-21-2006 12:16 PM

thank you very much!!

Revofreak

beelzebubishere 11-21-2006 12:20 PM