Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP F-7F Tigercat

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
ScaleNVYflyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP F-7F Tigercat

Please report on how well the sync works.. Sound's like you have a plan.. it will need the brakes.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 AM
ghost.fr

i'm using brakes from airpower

ORIGINAL: ScaleNVYflyr

Please report on how well the sync works.. Sound's like you have a plan.. it will need the brakes.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
DavKhy
My Feedback: (2)

Ok everyone, I need some wheels for my F7F. I have a set of the Sierra gear coming with no wheels. I know Robart has wheels and also Sierra. Who uses what?????????

Have parts to rebuild 2 of my YS 1.2. Will be using the YS. I want to use 3 blade props. Those that use the YS 1.2, what size and brand three blade props do you use? I use a 14 X 10 on my Supersportster with the YS 1.2. I know that the prop is a little small but the plane is a screamer. I'm guessing the proper prop for my Sportster would be 15" or 16". I have a ground clearance problem.

David
Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: DavKhy

Well its ordered. I got the Sierra landing gear due to the high quality of the gear. I will be using YS 1.20. I have ordered parts to freshen the engines before I put them in the F7F. I think I will be using the TBM sync device and a door sequencer for the gear doors. I think I will end up with Robert wheels and tires, I will be getting the brake hubs for future brakes, if needed. Anyone have any construction suggestions or stuff I should look out for?

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

David Bertrand
C'mon Dave!
there are 62 PAGES of suggestions and things to look out for on this thread. It would serve you well to read every page of this thread to see the improvements and mistakes that we have made with this bird...
Just go into the build with VERY LOW expectations and be ready to change every piece of hardware and correct many flaws in the building techniques for the T-cat.
We have made about every change and mistake that is possible, so just read read read!!!
We even put in pictures to help those that may be verbally challenged :-)
The YS's on mine were awesome, so you wont have any problems with them... I wouldn't even put a synch unit on it with those engines - they are just too reliable to bother spending the money on.
Im switching to gassers because I blew up one of the YSs but no other reason.
Good luck!
Wally
Old 01-03-2010, 03:51 PM
stoat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/toasttsaot#p/a/u/0/6dQXHqw4jJ4[/youtube]

Well its almost done after 2 years of waiting and a year of building (when I get time). Was hoping to test fly today but the weather that has been perfect all week has turned to pants today (figures!)

Specs are :-
2 x Evo 26cc version 1 motors with CRRC Pro exhausts and Garvon 16x8 props
Std Gen 5 retracts with Robart tanks, valves and couplers.
Spectrum AR9100 rx and Hyperion digital servos running of 2 x 3700mah Lifepo4 Rx packs
Reomvable wing tips and Stab.
AUW 25 lbs

Will spend today sorting the wiring and tidying things up. Will test fly then start work on the gear doors/cockpit/weathering etc...

A big thanks to all the guys that have posted on this forum. Its been a great resource for all of us building a 'cat, and probably read by many more that dont post! Keep up the good work...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Pylon2

Good luck Stoat. Your weather has to be better than ours in the Uk at the minute!!! Snow.
Richard.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
F82FAN

Best wishes on the Test flight. Let us know how it goes. It should be great!
Now, about those crappy gear.... You could order the new ones now, or you can wait till you test fly it and they Break/fall apart/fail to work....
You WILL be getting new gear. I haven't heard of any honest owner yet that still has the ESM gear in his.
F82FAN
Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 AM
jbwilhelmi
My Feedback: (1)

I used the Evolution 26 engines and have had one flight, plenty of power. Installed twin synch but have not used yet, able to match engines without. Used Sierra gear, great gear. No flying here today, snow another 6 to 8 on top of 24 in the last few days, chill factors in the -20 category and winds 40 to 50 mph
Old 01-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Pylon2

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
azzman

!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:17 PM
stoat

Well, it flew brillianly! Heaps of power and sounded fantastically. Great handling - responsive without being twichy. Gear had no problems, retracted fine and was still in one piece once it was back on the ground - no complaints there!

The only problem I had was the motor cut on the landing approach. Going slow under full flaps with gear down. This resulted in a massive yaw and in she went. Its stuffed. Not sure if its repairable yet - too gutted to bother stripping at the moment. Will have a look next week.

Really bummed as both motors ran faultlessly in my Skyraider - never missed a beat. Bloody twins.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 PM
F82FAN

Great job jbwilhelmi!
Gotta love those Sierras, eh???
Keep us posted - and put some pics on the Terrific Twins thread - PLEASE!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 PM
F82FAN

Oh Stoat.
Say it aint so.
You musta been posting that while I was replying to jbwilhelmi.
Please dont think I was responding to your misfortune in a cold-hearted fashion.
That ending is HORRIBLE.
Keep the faith - there will be others!
F82FAN
Wally
Old 01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
tom_sandiego

Well, after read almost 63 pages of this thread I'm ready to start build my then found couple issues with the wing section and the horizontal tail. The right side of the wing doesn't line up very good and i got about 3mm mismatch between 2 parts. For the Horizontal tail I think i got same part for left side, can anyone verify that for me per attached photo please . Right now can't do much until Andrew from KMP get back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47469.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1351490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54080.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1351491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49652.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1351492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42313.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1351493  
Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 AM
ScaleNVYflyr

Tom,

You can look at mine when I get back from my world excursion at the end of Jan.

Derek
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
tom_sandiego

Derek, what a small world i didn't know you had one are you in Japan right now?
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

0tomsandiego,

Had the same problem, only worse with a B-25. Add to it that the right-hand wing panels met each other tight at the trailing edge and with a 1/4 inch gap at the leading edge. Very, very frustrating. The dealer acted honorably and returned it and gave me a full credit. Love the planes but once burned, twice shy.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:57 AM
tom_sandiego

Lifer,
i am very frustrating on my the more i got into it i found more problem, now i missing all the wooden block to re-enforce the hinges and all the nuts and bolts for the landing gears. Do they have a quality control like us before ship the part?[]
Old 01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Since I bought mine over 16 months ago, I would say quality control has not improved.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Ron McGrath

As far as fit it looks worse than the one I got three years ago.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:36 PM
SpaceCowboy
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: tom_sandiego

Lifer,
i am very frustrating on my the more i got into it i found more problem, now i missing all the wooden block to re-enforce the hinges and all the nuts and bolts for the landing gears. Do they have a quality control like us before ship the part?[]
Maybe they have "Quality Assurance" & no quality control. [sm=wink_smile.gif]

It will get better with time.

Remember the Japanese junk that was made years ago from Japan ? Sam Ding here only from China, Korea etc.

I love the chinglish in the manuals. [sm=confused.gif]

You can't tell me nobody in Hong Kong can write proper English. Must be BAD management. LOL

You pays your money & youz takes your chances. [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
F82FAN

ORIGINAL: tom_sandiego

Well, after read almost 63 pages of this thread I'm ready to start build my then found couple issues with the wing section and the horizontal tail. The right side of the wing doesn't line up very good and i got about 3mm mismatch between 2 parts. For the Horizontal tail I think i got same part for left side, can anyone verify that for me per attached photo please . Right now can't do much until Andrew from KMP get back.
Well, here we go with the noobie!
Tom - you just have to realize that this is a total craftsmans ARF and you will have to FIX stuff before you even assemble it!
Jetmex had fit n finish problems the whole way through on mine.
Good luck and keep us posted.
F82FAN
Old 01-08-2010, 06:40 PM
stoat

Yup, I totally agree. These KMP planes should be called 50% kits not ARF's as there is still a lot of work to do to get them flying. The fit on mine was acceptable but not great. Ended up doing some filling and sanding to get things to line up better (even had to bend the stab tube slightly to make one stab seat properly). At the same time you need to remember the price you paid, while not cheap, is certainly waaaay less than a full Composite ARF from the other brands. You want top quality, pay double the price....

However, saying that, Tom's one looks a bit too much like a Monday morning/friday arvo kit to me. I would be sending it back.

On a brighter note, it looks like I might be able to repair my 'Cat. Will miss the big Fly In at Awatoto I was planing on taking it too, but at least its not a wright off.
Will be installing a Twin Sync tho.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
F82FAN

Go get 'em stoat!
glad to hear you will do what it takes to re-build and have another go.
I don't think t-sync would have saved her though, do you???
With my YS's and full flaps I had about 30% throttle on final and she was pointed at the runway so if an engine had ever died, she wouldn't be low-n-slow....
Good luck with the re-build.
Wally
Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 PM
tom_sandiego

Gents.

Sound like i have to put a lots labor to sand and fix to make it works like Capt. G did on his , they don't make the composite anymore so return is not an option, I don't thing it fly much different with the wing mismatch like that.
Went through all the post here and most of you used Fuji 24 engines and happy with it so I will use that for my, my question is which model of 24 you guys used 24A or 24EI.

Thanks all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.