Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP F-7F Tigercat

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:44 AM
chasrb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP F-7F Tigercat

Hi all, long time since I posted here. My Tc is from the orginal #2 shipment and so far it has held up beautifully ... In my hangar. I have yet to fly it. I will tho.

There is no doubt that this kit was semi thought out and kitted. That is too bad this could have been a real killer kit to have. It is a nice kit no problems there it's just a long road to get it to a flyable condition.

My Tc is done and has had many taxis. I have twin Saito 170 radials and Sierra gear. So I am and will fly it this year. I can't wait.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:00 PM
stoat

F82FAN, good point about landing. will have to re-think how i do my approaches. The twin sync would have cut the other engine at the same time so the Cat would have dropped flat from the same height. With the landing gear out it probably would have done more damage anyway so who knows... Will be concentrating a bit more on engine tuning and balancing next time with at least a couple of full tank ground runs. At the end of the day, planes crash (its that risk that keeps us interested after all), but it would be good to get a season out of it first.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

Hi Stoat,
I'm not braggin about my skills thats for sure - I'm just a very cautious (and fortunate) twin owner/flyer. I try to think and fly them like the full-scale guys do. Only airliners are comfortable with a 3-degree glide slope. Navy style works better for modelers
The flaps on the T-cat are very effective and so I can start pretty high on downwind and I dont throw in full flaps until I've rolled out on final and then I can push the nose down with the power up and feel really good about getting home safely.
It's worked so far!

Tom Pham,
That wing mis-match won't make her fly any differently at all. You could use a bit of filler on the top of the wing to fair it into the nacelle and it wont be noticeable at all.
Jetmex sanded for a LONG time to get the wings and tail to sit correctly against the fuse/nacelles. Mine looks great because of his hard work and the dark paint!
Are they going to send you a right hand stab half? If not, you could probably take a scribe and make panel lines and inspection panels pretty nicely in those composite surfaces. Just fill in the ones that are there and scribe new ones in before you paint.
Don't get down because of the little things (there will be lots of them). It's a big enough project without getting wound up about the little things.

I'm not sure which Fujis the guys are running on their T-cats, but I've got the magneto version on the B-25 cuz I knew she would need nose weight. I think the EI version puts out a little more power...

Hey chasrb!
Welcome back.
Hope you've at least been flying something fun since you've chickened out on the T-cat
Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
tom_sandiego

Hi Wally, I emailed Andrew and he said he will work with me on that when he come back from Shanghai on the 19. Beside the mismatch i found more missing parts and both the wing tips are cracked about 4 inches around the corner. So i just wait for couple more weeks to see what Andrew will do .
Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 AM
stoat

Thats good to hear. From the few dealings I have had with Andrew Kondor he seems like a very nice and reasonable guy. Glad to see he is sorting you out. Nice one Andrew.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Per P

Wow! After what I've seen in this thread I realise I'm one lucky Tcat owner since everything on my model fitted perfectly from the beginning without any mods at all!
The retracts had an internal air-leak, but that is also fixed now, so my ESM-retracts work perfect!

Anyway guys, the model flys absolutely perfect, so when you are finished putting it together you will think it was worth it!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

Sounds like a true LEMON of a T-cat Tom!
Andrew is a great guy and I know he will help you all he can.
You might place a call to Tomas at VQwarbirds also, in case there is anything he can do.
Be patient - it is worth it.
I just picked up the 71" ESM Bearcat and Sierra gear, so I have my next project in the barn.
THANKS TOMAS!!!!

[email protected] is how to contact Tomas via e-mail

Per P,
You are the luckiest man alive.
You actually got ESM gear to work?
I'd bet you have a beautiful blonde Swedish super-model wife, too???
We should all be so lucky!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:13 PM
tom_sandiego

Wally, I didn't know Tomas @VQ can take care this. are they KMP and VQ same company? I'll email him to see if he can do anything for me.
Thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 AM
ScaleNVYflyr

Tom.

Tomas gave me quick service when I needed a cowls for the tigercat! Yes they are the same

Derek
Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Per P

ORIGINAL: F82FAN
Per P,
You are the luckiest man alive.
You actually got ESM gear to work?
Yes, the tetracts work just fine now, but I got a new set from the dealer and it works! Only thing is that I want to replace the airvalve with the one from Robart so I can reduce the speed of the gear.
A friend of mine (think he is on this Forum as well) had the same trouble with the retracts for his ESM Corsair. He then took the aircylinders apart and found a lot of metal shavings from the manufacturing of the cylinders. He even found some shavings UNDER the o-ring, and when he had taken them all of he put new syntetic grease on the o-rings and put the cylinders back together and they worked perfect!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:55 AM
tom_sandiego

I got the email from Tomas and he said they are separated so I have to wait for Andrew come back. Derek how bad your T-Cat damaged ?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Pylon2

Pleased you can rebuild your tcat. Have not flown mine since September, been flying other models. Need to fly her soon.
Cheers Richard.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 PM
ScaleNVYflyr

Tom,

Its not bad, but is wil take some time and a repaint.. I'm going to stick two gas engines on it. In the future.. What are you going to use for power?

Derek
Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 PM
tom_sandiego

Me and Don talking to put the Fuji 24 cc on both my and his bird, Cermark has 26cc and under 200 bucks but im not sure how good is it.
[link]http://www.cermark.com/products/SPE%252d26-GAS-ENGINE.html[/link]
Old 01-14-2010, 02:39 AM
CHARLES WINTER

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi T-Cat Guys, I have many Posts on this Forum. I have Fuji 24 mag. types and think they are EXCELLENT. Very reliable. I have just put in a New Futaba 12Z radio system. Did some taxi testing to be sure everything works well. A feature that is nice is the ability to trim the engine independently at idle. My T-Cat is easy to fly and Very Impressive. I'll start flying her again in a few days.
Col. Chuck Winter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58350.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1355820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41436.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1355821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87628.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1355822  
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Pylon2

Well mine is superb on 2x Zenoah 20's.
See video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1YDOVhR5QQ
cheers Richard.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 PM
ScaleNVYflyr

makes me think the 17cc's I have planned for mine will be perfect!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 AM
stoat

ORIGINAL: tom_sandiego

Me and Don talking to put the Fuji 24 cc on both my and his bird, Cermark has 26cc and under 200 bucks but im not sure how good is it.
[link]http://www.cermark.com/products/SPE%252d26-GAS-ENGINE.html[/link]
Guys, word of advise. Forget the SPE engines. Nothing but trouble. We have had several thru the shop over the last year and all had faults. They are cheap for a reason and it would be a crying shame to see one of these beautiful birds go in the ground just for the sake of a few bucks. Buy a known brand and you wont have any trouble. (especially if you set your engines properly like I diddnt!). Even with two 26cc Evo's mine still only weighed 25lb dry and flew great. There is heaps of wing so they can handle a wide variety of power plants.

Just my 3.1 cents (NZD)
Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
tom_sandiego

Guys, word of advise. Forget the SPE engines. Nothing but trouble. We have had several thru the shop over the last year and all had faults. They are cheap for a reason and it would be a crying shame to see one of these beautiful birds go in the ground just for the sake of a few bucks. Buy a known brand and you wont have any trouble. (especially if you set your engines properly like I diddnt!). Even with two 26cc Evo's mine still only weighed 25lb dry and flew great. There is heaps of wing so they can handle a wide variety of power plants.

Just my 3.1 cents (NZD)
[/quote]

Stoat Thanks for the warning of Cermark's engine, I think i will go with Fuji 24 or Zenoa 26 since a lots peoples used them.
Tom
Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
stoat

I just had a thought, all those that are considering engines for their 'Cat, have you seen these?

http://www.crrcpro.com/product_show.asp?id=231

We sell these in the shop here in NZ, but often what is popular here is unheard of in other countries. One of the lads here has put them in is F7F (unfinished so far) and they fit very well. As far as I know its the only rear carb 26 available. Having beam mounts is also a bonus, so you can use dubro isolation mounts if you want.
We have sold a fair number of this model and they run very well! Swing a 16x8 with authority and the backup from the factory is excellent. A well made and well priced motor.

This is not a sales pitch, as we only sell inside NZ, but I figured it was worth letting you guys know of their existence.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:55 PM
stoat

Before and after shots.....

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Old 01-16-2010, 05:00 PM
tom_sandiego

Wow, look very nice after you repaired Stoat, what landing gear you had in your KMP?
Old 01-16-2010, 05:53 PM
stoat

Unfortunately that was the before shot. Its currently sitting on my work bench in pieces Since its got a few dents in it now I'm thinking of doing a heavy weathering job on it so it looks well used.

The retracts are ESM Gen 5 with robart valves/tubes/couplers etc. Work like a charm so far.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:00 PM
tom_sandiego

ORIGINAL: stoat

Unfortunately that was the before shot. Its currently sitting on my work bench in pieces Since its got a few dents in it now I'm thinking of doing a heavy weathering job on it so it looks well used.

The retracts are ESM Gen 5 with robart valves/tubes/couplers etc. Work like a charm so far.
I thought it been fix
Old 01-16-2010, 07:43 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

GENTS,,,,, incase some of you had not seen this video from 5 months ago on youtube....check it out...

(3) count them "3" ESM/YT INTERNATIONAL F-7F TIGERCATs flying at the same time...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEgjyFcRjs[/youtube]

Cheers!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"

www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.