Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP 337 info needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:08 AM
shakey44
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP 337 info needed

Just starting to build my KMP 337 Skymaster. Everything looks good except It was missing main landing gear and whell pants. Already contacted KMP about that. My question is the wing mounting procedures. The instructions are poorley written and I do not understand the block, hook, rubberband setup. Can someone who has already built one clear things up for me? Also, is there an alternative as I don't really like the rubberband method. Post any pics if you have 'em.
I will be using two Saito 100's (singles) but I'm thinking of buying a couple of 100 twins.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-19-2007, 02:02 PM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: KMP 337 info needed

The wings are held to the booms by gluing hooks embedded into wood blacks, which are first glued to the boom and wing. there isnt very much going on to pull the iwngs away form the booms, hence the rubber band method. My plane is essentially complete, but i will be using the plastci tie wraps electricians use instead. not a big deal.
mine weighs 17 1/2 #, 2 magnum .91 fs. painted red where it was gold. came out pretty good. i am anxious to get this flying.
make sure you dont land on nose gear first. its a lot of plane to do a wheel barrel landing on.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:05 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KMP 337 info needed

I have mine about 75% done. I used 2 OS 91 pumpers. I used nylon bolts taped into a hardwood block glued inside the wing rib. For the two hatches I used two small wood dowels in front and Bob Violet jet spring release levers for ease of use in back of each one.
Anyone have a clue what type of plastic covering is used on this plane..I don't like it. It has clear on the outside???
For the price I thought more could have been done to make this ARF more user friendly. Other then a few measurements the instructions are worthless.