Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Spamming....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:47 PM
hkyplr18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spamming....

Well... I appreciate the help I have recieved from this forum, but I am a little ashamed at what happened today.. I had posted in a few different forums (4) about my B-24 project. This afternoon when I got home I had all of my post deleted except the one in this particular forum. A gentleman had written some great info for me on a different post which was DELETED! I had written him a reply which was DELETED! I was told that I was spamming. I think this is complete BS on RCuniverse's part and RCKEN. I am trying to get useful info which takes post in a few different forums, because this project falls into a few different categories. RCKEN (the moderator I guess) deleted those post... He could have been nice and sent me a PM explaining the situation and I would have deleted them no questions asked, but instead he deleted them... If this is spamming then I don't want to be a part of this website. As an avid rc'er for many years I have always asked for advice instead of trying to do something I don't know how to do, but I guess SPAMMING means asking people for help in a few different Forums (4 to be exact). I could understand if I posted that in 15-20 forums but it was 4 forums !!!!! I don't think I am being out-of-line here... and I hope other descent people on here that have helped me agree...

Thanks,
Jordan
Old 07-01-2007, 06:03 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spamming....

you need to read the rules unfortunately only one question is allowed if you make identical posts in several forums then they call it spamming.probably another rcu member turned you in that is what the report button at the top of your post is for.I was reading along to see what others thought caused the crash and found the post gone.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:05 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it was props4ever that may have been doing the large b-24.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Adonis

All forums that I have ever joined on any subject have this multiple post rule, it’s annoying to readers to have multiple posts of the same question. I agree with it and I was annoyed by your posts. I didn’t mark your posts as spam, but they were rightfully deleted. Just read the rules and follow them, don’t like it then don’t use the forums.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
hkyplr18

Thanks Aerowoof for the info..Thats what I needed.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Normally a thread as this type would be deleted..
As the forum moderator I am going to leave it as it addresses
an issue that is of concern to others as well and has been well
answered by a user.. Thank you, Adonis ...
So hopefully everyone can understand why multiple forums of
the same post is not a good idea.. If you should post in a forum
and the post may do better in another forum most MODs will take
care of it for you with no problem..
Thank you all for the understanding and I will go ahead and
close this one down....

Robby