Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Twin Sync not represented in latest M,A,

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin Sync not represented in latest M,A,

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 09:18 AM
deltatech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Sync not represented in latest M,A,

I have been reading my latest issue of Model Airplane News-the twins issue. It was a good mag and I enjoyed reading it BUT there was no mention of the twin sync??? I thought that these mags should show all facets of our hobby specially new technology. I was disappointed that there was no mention of the Twin Sync in it's pages. When I'm at the field specially after a flight I love the attention I get with my TF DC-3 and I always praise the Twin Sync and tell the guys all about it. There were extensive articals on setting up twins using a multipoint throttle curve. This looks like it would work-until the air change"pressure-humidity-temp" or until one of a million things change. It would have been a great benefit to the modeling community to just have an artical on the Twin Sync. All they have to say is "install the Twin Sync-set it up-set each engine low and high end independantly-go flying with no worry of syncronization and if you have an engine out you won't find out with a snap roll stall to a death spin. You will just hear the remaining engine go to idle."
Does anyone feel the same way I do? I believe this system deserves more coverage in the modeling community and the mag's we BUY are not keeping up with new technology!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:53 PM
wellss

Default RE: Twin Sync not represented in latest M,A,

money talks

mags are all about advertising...
everything is a great product, no bad reviews

pretty pictures, that's about it
Old 08-05-2007, 08:30 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if you know how it works and it,s short coming maybe you should write an article /review and submit it.you never know it may be published and youcoild make a few bucks.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:54 AM
deltatech

I put this same post in the Twin Sync thread. The editor of M,A, came on board and said that he had missed his deadline and was not able to write about the Twin Sync and was in touch with Bill Wyke about it. I just hope that in the future they can get it in their window.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:27 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

I happen to KNOW that High Flight the IMAA magazine in the fall will have three pages on it.
Twinman.
Now 55 flights with it and not problems...except I am getting sloppy with fine tuning.."Let the electronics handle it"!! Ha Ha..not good
Old 08-08-2007, 08:56 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: deltatech

I have been reading my latest issue of Model Airplane News-the twins issue. It was a good mag and I enjoyed reading it BUT there was no mention of the twin sync??? I thought that these mags should show all facets of our hobby specially new technology. I was disappointed that there was no mention of the Twin Sync in it's pages. When I'm at the field specially after a flight I love the attention I get with my TF DC-3 and I always praise the Twin Sync and tell the guys all about it. There were extensive articals on setting up twins using a multipoint throttle curve. This looks like it would work-until the air change"pressure-humidity-temp" or until one of a million things change. It would have been a great benefit to the modeling community to just have an artical on the Twin Sync. All they have to say is "install the Twin Sync-set it up-set each engine low and high end independantly-go flying with no worry of syncronization and if you have an engine out you won't find out with a snap roll stall to a death spin. You will just hear the remaining engine go to idle."
Does anyone feel the same way I do? I believe this system deserves more coverage in the modeling community and the mag's we BUY are not keeping up with new technology!
Pilots response.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56220.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	738514  
Old 08-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so where can I get info on the "Twin Sync?" I will be finishing the Joe saita ME-262 with the new os 120 and need for dependability.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

http://www.rcshowcase.com/index.html
Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
yl5295
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the kudos guys....
Old 09-01-2007, 09:37 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: deltatech

I had the same thoughts when I read the article. No mention of the Twin Sync anywhere. I had just received mine and was hoping to get some additional info before installing it in my Twin Cub. Nevertheless, installation is nearly complete and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. I added the optional glow drivers and digital readout module as well.