Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

NEW KMP 95" B-25

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW KMP 95" B-25

ORIGINAL: Fly4Real

I might have created pilots that would be a perfect fit for this model. I originally created my own pilot figures for our Ziroli 101" B-25. Modelers were more interested in the pilots than the plane! So, I decided to try my hand at mold making/casting and it was successful, not to mention a lot of fun. Here are pics of the pilots, they are full-figure and bust. My goal was to create pilots that added to the realism of the model and not detract from it. The heads, arms, legs, waist and hands are seperately cast so they can be positioned in almost all positions on board a bomber. If interested, check out http://www.bestpilots.typepad.com
Those are fantastic.
Do you have a couple of Germans to fit in my new 95" KMP BF-110?
Let us know!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: F82FAN

ORIGINAL: Fly4Real

I might have created pilots that would be a perfect fit for this model. I originally created my own pilot figures for our Ziroli 101" B-25. Modelers were more interested in the pilots than the plane! So, I decided to try my hand at mold making/casting and it was successful, not to mention a lot of fun. Here are pics of the pilots, they are full-figure and bust. My goal was to create pilots that added to the realism of the model and not detract from it. The heads, arms, legs, waist and hands are seperately cast so they can be positioned in almost all positions on board a bomber. If interested, check out http://www.bestpilots.typepad.com
Those are fantastic.
Do you have a couple of Germans to fit in my new 95" KMP BF-110?
Let us know!
Yeah...german pilots would be awesome. Please let us know.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Kahlog,

I contacted Robart and they said that their retracts are for the older, smaller B-25. Given that, do yours fit properly? Does anyone have any dimensions on the Robarts versus the Gen. V B-25 retracts? I assume the difference would be the strut length. Also, can you give me the cowl diameter? Thanks in advance!

Lifer
Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Kahlog,

I contacted Robart and they said that their retracts are for the older, smaller B-25. Given that, do yours fit properly? Does anyone have any dimensions on the Robarts versus the Gen. V B-25 retracts? I assume the difference would be the strut length. Also, can you give me the cowl diameter? Thanks in advance!

Lifer
My Gen V retracts measure 7 3/8" from mounting plate to center of wheel hub. The cowl is 6 7/8" where mounted but inside where engine will go is 6 1/2" dia.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
kahloq

Kahlog,

Lifer
I did not buy my robart retracts as a specific B-25 package. The ones for the smaller KMP B-25 may work or they may be too small, I dont know.
What I did do was order the 640 105 degree nose gear unit that came with a 1/2" diameter strut. For the mains, I had separately ordered a pair of 630 series with 1/2" struts and these fit perfectly with zero modification. As mentioned, the 640 nose fits fine in the retract bay without mods, but the nose strut is too long. So, if possible, you'd want to go with the next size smaller so the strut isnt as big or long. I managed to make it work, but had to move the nose gear as far forward as possible(and that meant some dremeling work)
Old 02-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Lifer

Fancman,

Is that measurement for the mains, or the nose? I talked to the guy that runs Century Jet, and if he can get the dimensions of the Gen. 5 retracts, he said he could make a set for the newer B-25.

Any specifics will help!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Fancman,

Is that measurement for the mains, or the nose? I talked to the guy that runs Century Jet, and if he can get the dimensions of the Gen. 5 retracts, he said he could make a set for the newer B-25.

Any specifics will help!
That was the measurement for the mains.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:34 PM
mustfly
My Feedback: (21)

what do u think about this? throttle servos saito 100
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26246.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1132435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91521.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1132436  
Old 02-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Eldher

Hey! looks great.

Are you using the KMP Gen V retracts? Make sure you put them all the way forward in the cutout provided or the wheel/tire will not fit.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: mustfly

what do u think about this? throttle servos saito 100
I think you need get your 12-year old to re-set the date on your camera - like I have to!!! LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

GUYS... and Gals...

I have Century Jet Model CJM KMP NEW 95" wingspan FULL LANDING GEAR coming soon!

Just email me if you are wanting a set... I will firm up the price..
THIS WILL be a complete system with airline, airtank, fittings, and I will be mixing it up a bit by providing it with the ROBART Deluxe AirControl Valve... I prefer the Robart Valve... found it has a lot of adjustment for speed up and down...

So all you gents and ladies who have been waiting for a "MADE IN THE USA" alternative...
NOW YOUR Waiting is over Just email me and mention RCU to get a special price...

email now: [email protected]

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDs
"KEEP EM' FLYING"
PROUD USA DEALER FOR:
VQ, KMP, ASM, RCV, MAGNUM, HITEC,
AIRTRONICS, ROBART, CENTURY JET, SPRING AIR

www.vqwarbirds.com [email protected]
Old 02-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Eldher

More progress. I'm setting up a TwinSync. It is mounted in the wing.

I have the base unit installed, removable hatch completed, and wires run out the center of the wing to the receiver. The sensors have been run out the firewalls, NOTE I needed 12" servo extensions as the sensor leads are not long enough. I've drilled and mounted the magnets in the prop thrust washers. I have one sensor mounted. check the picts. I have just under 1/16" gap between the thrust washer and the sensor.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10665.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	1134121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63762.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1134122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci98330.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1134123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl26846.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1134124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw19013.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1134125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Of59419.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1134126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uw42065.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1134127  
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Rip n Bank

ORIGINAL: eldher13

I have the base unit installed, removable hatch completed, and wires run out the center of the wing to the receiver. The sensors have been run out the firewalls, NOTE I needed 12" servo extensions as the sensor leads are not long enough. I've drilled and mounted the magnets in the prop thrust washers. I have one sensor mounted. check the picts. I have just under 1/16" gap between the thrust washer and the sensor.
Excellent installation, Eldher!

The hatch for the TwinSync is the bomb!!

Will you plug the TS display in there (since it's so easy to access), or are you planning a remote port elsewhere?

Rip
Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Eldher

ORIGINAL: Rip n Bank

Excellent installation, Eldher!

The hatch for the TwinSync is the bomb!!

Will you plug the TS display in there (since it's so easy to access), or are you planning a remote port elsewhere?

Rip
the TS display unit will be set up to plug into the hatch.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:32 AM
GlennisAircraft

For those looking of scale wheels B-25 (and about anything else) we already manufacture them.

http://www.glennis.com

Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
kahloq

ORIGINAL: GlennisAircraft

For those looking of scale wheels B-25 (and about anything else) we already manufacture them.

They look great but $330 is a lot of money for a set. Im using the Ziroli set as a basis because the TF B-25 set is too small.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Eldher

ORIGINAL: kahloq

They look great but $330 is a lot of money for a set. Im using the Ziroli set as a basis because the TF B-25 set is too small.
Kahloq,

Which ones did you get? Looking at the Ziroli site they have wheels by like 4 differnet manufacturers.
I did not see any that looked nearly as scale as the Glennis.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
GlennisAircraft

and

Which ones did you get? Looking at the Ziroli site they have wheels by like 4 differnet manufacturers.
I did not see any that looked nearly as scale as the Glennis .
He probably means he based the price off of the Ziroli set we offer - keep in mind we manufacture B-25 wheels from 4" to 9" diameter currently.

I couldn't narrow down what exactly the size is for this 25 from a quick glance, and I wasn't trying to say they were going to be a "cheap" set - just that they are available already. Part of the cost comes down to the development costs, manufacturing costs, and the quality.

Dennis
Old 02-13-2009, 11:34 PM
kahloq

ORIGINAL: kahloq

Kahloq,

I did not see any that looked nearly as scale as the Glennis.
As GlennisAircraft guessed, I was merely comparing price point of the Ziroli set since the TF set is too small.
Yes...they look great. But, I dont think i want to spend that kind of money till i know how well the plane will fly....BUT...I am still considering them.

Glennis....since the Ziroli is 101" and is listed as having 5 1/2" mains, would this 95" B-25 be 5 1/4" for the mains? Also, what size nose wheel would accompany that size?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
GlennisAircraft

Probably 5" with a 3 1/4 inch nose. With only a 6" difference in wingspan, you could get away with the Ziroli set if they would fit o.k.

Dennis
Old 02-14-2009, 03:30 PM
kahloq

Probably 5" with a 3 1/4 inch nose. With only a 6" difference in wingspan, you could get away with the Ziroli set if they would fit o.k.

Dennis
Right now Ive got 3" nose and 4" mains(all robart). Im not using the KMP retracts, but instead modified robart gear. As such, the nose is slightly too high. So, 5" or larger is definitely needed, but in my case, I dont think id want to enlarge the nose wheel any.
How much for a set that is 3" nose and 5" mains?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Lifer

F82Fan,

Does your B-25 need down elevator trim when the flaps are deployed, and if so, about how much?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM
gary9648

Well I've just now found and read this entire thread and am just starting to assemble one of these B-25s. My kit is about eight months old and did not come with the wood wing spars. Also the front gunners canopy was both cracked and looked like someone took paint thinner to the inside of the canopy in one area and fogged the plastic :-(
I assume my wings also are of the drouping variety due to this being one of the first kits shipped. I have an e-mail into Andy at Kondor and awaiting his reply. He was already supposed to have sent me the replacement wood spars and canopy. They have not arrived yet. I also have an issue with the rear plastic turtle deck that fits over the horizontal stab. There is supposed to be a molded tray to hold the top magnet to trap the magnet to make sure the hatch stays on in the event the glue joint fails. This is depicted in the instructions, however my turtle deck does not have this feature molded in. Is this the way all of them are? I started a build thread on the war bird forum not thinking of it should be here. Sam put me on to this thread. glad he did. Thank you all in advance for any advice. I am planning on installing their new rear intake 26cc gas engines. We have one now and are evaluatiing it now to see how well they run. The engines look very well built.
Gary Webb
Old 02-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Eldher

Gary,

Welcome to the build thread! Glad to have another builder working on this project.

Overall, I'd say your experience with the plane (quality) is a little above average. But all of us have had problems. As you've read through this thread, you'll have seen in my posts several changes based on my concerns over quality. 4 of us in my club are building the plane, and we all like it, but each is running into unique issues.

You're engine choice looks good to me. I'm using a pair of Saito 150's.

I'll be posting picts of my latest progress later today.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Lifer

My B-25 arrived late last week and I am wondering if there are any alternatives to the rubber-band system for attaching the outer wing panels? And, if so, are any pictures available?

The kit arrived in good shape from VQ and that company was a pleasure to do business with. Tomas has my recommendations.

I have a pending order for a pair of 20 cc gassers from RCGF engines. If there is room in the fuselage cavity near the center of gravity, I plan on using one fuel tank and one ignition battery for both engines.

I'll use standard servos on the flaps, an upgrade servo on the ailerons, and a 600 series servo for the elevator. Throttles, and rudder will be 225's, and whatever I can find for the retract switch. (All servos are Hitec.)

Retracts will be the new version built for this size B-25 from Century Jet. I spent most of last week talking on the phone with the ownrs of all three of the above retailers and it was a true pleasure dealing with these gentlemen. I highly support that you do business with them!

I hope to be done by this Summer....I build slow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.