Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE:

At this moment Allen on the hats & t-shirts, you are on your own.
On the golf shirts they will be a group order with the "Nosen Cessna
310 Club" above the logo on the shirt.

Being that the color of the Cessna logo can't be changed what color
golf shirts would you guys like, I was thinking of a light tan or grey verus
white.

Bill D.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:36 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE:

Grey works for me.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 AM
DelRay

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allen,
Yup, that big, ugly, thing is still overhead in the garage, but I have it located where I can see it everytime I go in the garage to remind me to someday get it down and work on it. Trouble is I keep forgetting to "look up". I've got many ideas for it if I ever get started on it,maybe next winter. I'd like to make it a military version like your blue and white one.
I'm planning on installing larger fuel cells on my good one, just wondering what size tanks you have on yours? Do you use a single tank or a header tank along with the main tanks? I know you have several, pick one.
Yeah, I'm getting older but I refuse to grow up, just ask my wife. I'm planning on going to the swap meet this coming weekend, hope to see ya there. I'm looking for a Saito .100 for a friend, I have one, maybe I'll have to sell him mine.
If ya have any super ideas for the P.O.C. Cessna reconstruction project, let me know, I will get it done..............someday.
I could snap a few pics and post them for laughs.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
handyman_alw_
My Feedback: (14)

Jim,

Your right none of them have the same tank in them. The blue one has 16oz tanks in it the oldest one has 240z tanks in it with glow engines and the other white one with the four strokes have 14oz thanks. If i make enough money at the swap meet this week end i am thinking about changing engines on the oldest one from glow to 2.4 foxes which i already have one i would need to buy one more with the proceeds from the swap meet. I thought about selling one of them but have not made up my mind yet. if i did that it would probally be the blue one and then i would have the motors to change out with the glow one. having three nosens is fun but it is hard to haul them let alone fly all three of them each year.look me up when you are down at the swap meet and we can talk.[sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]

Allen
Old 01-26-2010, 06:02 PM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

COME ON ALLEN !!! I can not imagine you selling a Cessna, buying one mabey but not selling - are you OK !!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Bill Diedrich

Default RE:

Hey all of you Nosen Cessna 310 members and want-to-be members,
Greg at G & L Hobbies has a special on for the 310 component kit:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=595659

Check it out, talked to him this evening and he is going to be doing
some posting on the thread and was thinking of doing a video of his
work, waiting to hear from him for his membership info for our club
here on RCU.

Bill D.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 AM
handyman_alw_

Dick,

you know we are getting older and with that it is harder to carry our toys around . Unlike chip and someothers i don't have any kids that will come and help. and you noticed i said thinking about it not it's for sale so we all have a weak moment but maybe i could get one of the fiberglass fuse so you see as i said THINKING, NOT SELLING. Do you have the stuka done yet.

Allen
Old 01-29-2010, 06:17 AM
Bill Diedrich

Default RE:

We have another new member to welcome to the "Nosen Cessna 310 Club",

#39.....halfscale............TN

Welcome Greg, looking forward to any and all posts that you make, very much
looking forward to a few of the things we talked about.

Greg is the owner of G & L Hobbies that produces the glass fuselage and accessories
for the Nosen Cessna 310.

Welcome aboard Greg, keep those parts coming! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Bill D.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 PM
frankeldan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Greg.. I'll be ordering my G&L fuse soon!!!

If you can post any tips on putting together your fuse it would be appreciated. I like what I've been seeing on this board about it.

Regards,

Dan
Old 02-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Bill Diedrich

Default RE:

Hi All we have another new member, welcome:

#40.....Lewisb17e............Oregon

Welcome aboard will be looking forward to your build, need any assistance, or
places to find materials & accessories, someone here will know where to get them
from.

Bill D.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

The clubs been quiet for awhile so I thought I'd give you guys a link to a really nicely done Cessna 310 CGI video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dNjjLFCEAw

Mitch
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
sticks-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE:

I am a wan-a-be Nosen Cessna 310 Club member. I am looking at retracts, what size are required for the 310? I need a measurement from the axle to the bottom of the retract on both the mains and the nose gear.

Thanks and hopefully I will be joining the ranks soon.

Sticks
Old 03-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Bill Diedrich

I think most of the guys here recommend the Robart retracts
for reliability, check out these on the Robart site then go to the
dimensions drawing and they will have all of the info you need:
GEAR FINDER
ROBART QUICK FIND RETRACT GUIDE

Robart has compiled a list below of Kit Manufacturers that use Robart Retracts and or RoboStruts, along with a suggestion of which air control kits that should be used. Not all of the Kit Manufactures that are listed that produce kits may be listed that our gear will fit into. If you have found a gear that you have used in a kit that is not lised below please e-mail or call us with this information so we can update our guide and have this information available for the next modeler. E-mail [email protected] or Phone 630-584-7616.

Click on the Manufacturer listed below to find Robart Gear for your Kit
Also if you click on the Part Number you will be taken to that page.

A&A Models (Nosen) | Aerotech Models | AirBorne Models (World Models) | American Eagle | Avation Design | Avons | Baker | Balsa USA | Bruce Tharpe | Bob Fiorenze Models | Bob Holman | Brian Taylor | Iron Bay (Byron Originals) | CBA | Classic Glass | Combat Models | Composite ARF | Dave Platt | Dean Lassek | Direct Connection | Bob Dively Models | Don Smith | Dynaflite | Global | Goldberg | Graupner | Great Planes | Hangar 9 | Hostetler | House of Balsa | Jay Bee | Jerry Bates | Joe Saitta | Kondor Models | Kyosho | Mark Frankel |
Midwest Products | Miester Fun Scale | Mod Air | ModelTech | Ohio R/C | Pacific Aeromodels | Palmer Plans | PCM Models | Pica / Cox | Ray Torres |
RC Aircraft (Saxon) | Royal Products (Marutaka) | SIG | Skymaster Jets | Skyshark RC | Sterling | ThunderTiger | Top Flite | Valley Avation | Wing Mfg. | WingSpan Models | Yellow Aircraft | Ziroli

Updated 12/17/2008

A&A Models (Nosen)
Cessna 310 Series#152 (Mains) #158 (Nose)

http://www.robart.com/Gear_Finder.aspx

Bill D.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
jbarnes

Default RE:

Hey guys, question for you on the Nosen 310. Got a fellow who wants to sell me a Nosen 310 that is framed and skinned but not finish sanded. Its been hanging in his garage for 20 years and he's not interested in finishing it. He has all the plans and the tip tanks, no nacellles, windows etc. Is this thing worth the $220 he wants for it? Jerry.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Is there anything with it other than just the frame?? Retracts, control hardware, tanks, anything like that?? Kits are going for $400+ if they are the original Bud Nosen and not the A&A. I've been scratch building one from his plans and the wood cost me more than $220. Having said that, you better look at it real close to make sure it's straight. Put it all together and take some of the critical measurements. If it's not straight or can't be made that way, I'd walk away.

Also, for those of you asking about retracts, Century Jet Models has retracts for for our beloved 310s. They're not anymore expensive than Robarts and the nose gear I just bought is of terrific quality. They have 2 different types made just for the 310. Email or post here if want a snap-shot of it and I'll post here for all to see.
Steve
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Red Raider

Hey Sticks:
I just bought a nose gear from Century Jet Models. Very good quality "reasonably" priced. They have 2 different styles for the Nosen 310. About the same price as Robarts. Give them a call, they were very helpful to me.
Steve
Old 04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
stumpy_1958

Default RE:

Hello All.  I'm looking for a set of Bud Nosen Cessna 310 blue prints and can't seem to find any. I have an original Bud Nosen P-51 in the box with B.P. and I also have a set of Bud Nosen F4U B.P.. I also have a in the box from A&A Ind. 1/4 scale Citabria. If someone has any prints of the 310 and would like to exchange print for print that would be great. Looking to build a 310 some time in the near future. I've been a Bud Nosen fan forever. I built the big trainer years ago and it still flys great and have the Bud Nosen booklet that came with the box of tree wood.  Any information would be great.  Thanks Bill.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
warbirdmustang
My Feedback: (21)

Bill,
Does the set of prints for the Corsair show all the formers, ribs, etc. to build the plane? If so, I have a 310 kit and could get a copy of the plans made for you.
Let me know,
Bryan
Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM
stumpy_1958

Bryan,

I believe they do. I'll check tonight and let you know.

BILL
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
warbirdmustang
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks, Bill. I sent you a PM also.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 04-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Red Raider

Hey guys: Haven't posted much lately, but I've been keeping up with all that you guys have posted. I wanted to say that I have a set of the plans and templates that I would be willing to share. I think it's 4 big pages plus I have the "instructions". However the instructions can be summed up by saying carve and sand to shape!! I don't think these plans are original even though it says Bud Nosen on them. I can't imagine that Bud would have mistakes and reverse printed template parts on his original plans. Especially since the technology that reverse prints things hadn't been invented. Anyway, if you have some scratch building experience you can overcome the problems. If I can, anyone can. I'm attaching some pictures that I took last night to show you my progress. Please resist the urge to . . . degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. I'm doing the best I can. Just kidding. If you see something that needs to be addressed that missed my scrutiny, you obligated as members of the club to let me know.
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28102.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1421880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12493.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1421881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91252.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1421882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga76381.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1421883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm76152.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1421884  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 AM
DelRay

Red Raider,
Thanks for the nice pics, looks like you're well on your way with the build. "Sand and carve", yup, one has a lot of that to contend with. Just for laughs, I bought a Nosen 310 built up and the fella that built it didn't know the meaning of "sand and carve", the leading edge of the vertical fin was about one inch thick. This was finished as it was covered with Monokote. I guess I'll have to attend to that when I decide to finish it up.
What are you planning for power on yours, I'm using two Saito 1.20's ? Stuff as big as fuel tanks in the nacels as you can, now's the time to do it. Be sure to post more pics as you progress.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
handyman_alw_

why do you keep telling people you are going to finish that. my grandma was slow but she was old what is your excuse????????????
besides where are the mice going to live if you finish it??.
Have a nice day Jim

Allen
Old 04-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Bill Diedrich

Default RE:

Hi gang we have another new member to join our group here on RCU

#41 stumpy_1958.....Michigan

Welcome to the club hope you enjoy reading all of the posts, hope we
can be of some help along the way to your build on the Nosen Cessna 310
you have planned in the near future.

Bill D.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:57 AM
DelRay

Al,

Since you insist on harrassing me, I'll tell ya why I keep on saying I'm going to finish that other 310. Because it's unfinished and someday I plan on finishing it.[sm=bananahead.gif] Also, like your grandmother I am old, this gives me another excuse, I have many others just waiting in my excuse folder. The mice will play what for trying to get where it's at, and besides, it's so freakin' ugly it'll scare the mice away.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] I'm not fibbin', it put the UG in ugly.
There ol' buddy, does that satisfy ya, or better I drag out some more excuses?[sm=tongue_smile.gif]

post edidited to correct a misspelled word.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.