Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

JR x10 xmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 03:05 PM
hobbyflyer3
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR x10 xmitter

I own a JR x10 radio, 3 times I have had to replace the screen, and the battery fell out once when the door opened while I was flying, in my 18 Yrs. in the hobby I have never seen anything like it, the xmitter is currently at Horizon being serviced, the radio is 3 yrs. old, and has caused many airplanes to crash, after the xmitter went hay wire.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:17 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: JR x10 xmitter

Ill have to say, having owned my 10X foraround 4yrs, that its my favorite TX yet, screen has never failed, battery is very snug, it is very flexible and easy to program, I trust $8000+ aircraft with it, and love it, it has never been sent in for service. Can not wait for them to come out with the new one.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:55 AM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can totally understand your frustration......BUT

I think we all know and understand that when a product is mass produced, there will always be a few "lemons." There are just way too many happy 10X owners out there for this one incident to be viewed as a significant problem. HOWEVER, we also know that when it happens to be that you, I or we are the owners of the "lemon", it is very significant to us. The only thing I can say is that HORIZON has a top notch service department. If you spend the time to explain to them (politely) your frustration with this radio, I would have to believe that they will do their best to take care of the problems.

I hope that it all works out
Old 09-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I have an early 10SXII, never a problem, I did upgrade the 700 MAH battery to a NO BS Batteries 1650 MAH. I then put the 700 MAH battery in my neighbors smaller JR that had alkalines in it.