Notices
VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying Discuss VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying in this forum

pros and cons

Old 05-04-2005, 06:26 AM
iflyimac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pros and cons

Hello All,

Those who have a variable pitch prop, please tell me some of the pros and cons...

Some questions I'd like answered are:

1- Is weight an issue?

2- What about jamming/destroying servo gears?

3- What Futaba servo should I use?

4- The perils of flying backward[X(] (just joking unless you have salient issues that pertain to the saftey of myself, and other pilots/spectators etc.)

Thanks,

Matthew
Old 05-14-2005, 09:19 AM
aerothums

Default RE: pros and cons

Rev. pitch is fun to play with, but the p effect is increased so much that a docile foamy becomes not so easy to fly. The props are not as eff. as a normal prop, so you need a bigger motor then rec. Trq. rolls so fast they are hard to control, hovering is nearly impossible with out alot of ail. even with the plane moving foward.And once you put in the ail. to keep it from rolling you get get pitch change in airplane aditude because of air swirling around airplane. Its like reverse torque rolling were you put ail. in to make airplane trq. backwards.(part of the P effect I was talking about) Although I think its the coolest thing since lipos.It really shouldnt be your only plane.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:30 PM
iflyimac

Default RE: pros and cons

Thank You Aerothums,

I will keep this in mind!

Matthew