Notices
VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying Discuss VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying in this forum

Setting it up

Old 05-22-2005, 09:58 AM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting it up

Hey,
I hope to get the vpp stuff in a couple of weeks if the axi motor would ever come in. But I was wondering if this would work. I plan to use my trainer switch on my 9c radio to change the pitch of the prop. I don't know much about any other way of setting it up. But I was just wondering if that would work.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:07 PM
flip3d454
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Setting it up

you set it up like the head of a heli.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:58 PM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

It would work, but then you would have only full positive pitch or full negative, which would be pretty hard to continally be flipping a switch to keep it in the air. IMO the best way of doing it is, like stated in the above post, to set it up so that it acts like the pitch on a heli head. Mid stick would be at half power or less, and neutral pitch. Full stick would be full power and full positive pitch. Idle stick would be full power and full negative pitch. There would be throttle and pitch curves, most likely in the heli mode in your radio, that would make each stick position proportional to the amount of throttle and pitch fed into your system.

A good Idea would be to use the Idle Up switch to toggle in between VPP mode and "normal" mode so that you can turn off the Variable pitch function.

Hope this helps,
Brandon
Old 05-24-2005, 09:14 AM
flip3d454
My Feedback: (35)

norm mode will be adjestible power and fixed pitch like norm airplane flying.
the idle up will be the variable mode.
your throdle curve will make a v and your pitch will be almost stright.

flip