Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 36 main blades

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Monty97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 36 main blades

I am looking for an inexpensive replacement blade for my 36 preferably something that is not real easy to destroy (i crash a lot, I'm getting better though) .I guess if it isn't easy to destroy it won't be cheap but that would be ok too.the carbon fiber that they recommend are 50$ a pair. And when you hit as much @#!& as i do that can get expensive. i fly in my basement. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Sir Crashalot
Old 02-04-2006, 07:16 PM
DinSum

Default RE: Walkera 36 main blades

id just stick with fiber glass blades, carbon fiber blades still break easy and are a lot more money. through my short experience anyways
Old 02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Druff1

I still use my blades that have the tips broke off. Seems to hover just fine. I got tired of waiting for new ones so i just tried the beat up ones.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Okisub

I have tried Align ABS plastic blades they will lift the heli but mine were impossible to get tracking perfectly. They would be OK for hovering in a basment though. Impossible to break too. Some people have told me that they are too heavy and put a lot of stress on the heli.

I got a pair of Align 315 wood blades and will give them a go in the next couple days when the wind dies down. They feel pretty strong.

Carbon fibre blades seem a bit gimmicky to me. Just a great way for sellers to make extra $$$$$.

Using damaged blades is just a bad idea...
Old 02-06-2006, 03:37 PM
thecheatscalc

use wood, it's pretty strong, I hit a steel garage door and dented it, but, the blades are still intact.

unbalanced blades = STUPID!!! I'm not trying to insult you, please don't take it that way, it's not only dangerous, but, it can cause damage to the whole heli and make it harder to fly. go for a brushless motor, make your landing gear twice as large, and get 305-315mm blades, the 315 are a bit too large as they seem to cause a bit of wobble unless I add 50g to the heli (superhugetraininggear... ahem) I succeded in breaking my training gear, right in the middle where it holds all four poles, oh well...