Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

ultimate soldier 1:6th stuart

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

ultimate soldier 1:6th stuart

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 02:02 AM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultimate soldier 1:6th stuart

hey guys, im new to the tank scene. i recently got my foot into the door with what id like to think of as a good introduction to tanks. i picked up a 1:6th scale ultimate soldier stuart tank. i paid 50 bucks for it, the right sprocket that drives the tread was completely gone. the guy i got it from said that he tried taking it down a flight of steps in the winter and it shattered the one sprocket. he had made a pretty good quality replica out of wood, but the mounting setup he had for it kept coming off. i fixed that problem by using some steel putty ( a putty that after being mixed hardens like steel) and pushed it into a hole i bored out in the wooden spocket, then pressed it onto the output shaft for the right side. it set up nice and hard and its holding sofar. i can get it off if i need to which im hoping i will need to as my main question is this. is there anyplace at all where i can get a replacement sprocket for it? i want to get it fixed and working properly and also want the original look back. i think this might also be a tank i stick with for awhile. it isnt very quick but i wasnt really looking to get into tanks for speed. ive always loved tanks and thought having a rc tank would be sweet. let me know if you know of any place to get replacement parts for it. thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 PM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: ultimate soldier 1:6th stuart

also, does anyone hve a link to where i can read the owners manual, mainly the section about charging?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Captain Action

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good day
You can check out the Yahoo groups, (M5stuartrctankbattalion) for parts. Join up and ask, the site is a little slow but you may find what you are looking for.
As for charging, I do not have the manual but I do use a voltmeter set to 12V DC to check my battery level. I have also found that some replacment batterys will not work in my Stuart. It acts all craziy, and when I put the stock battery in it works OK ?? You can also try and posting in the main tank area here and you may get a better reaction.
The Stuart is a fun tank and they can be found for a good price.
Good luck
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 PM
diabolic-mind

where abouts is the main tank area? also my question regarding the charging was more along the lines of the led charge indicator. mine starts solid, then flashes slowly, then flashes really fast. after all that it ends out flashing at a speed in between the 2 and flashes like that for hours and hours. i know slow means charging and fast means trickle chrging because it says so on the charger. i was just curious as to what the in between flashing was indicating. i did join the yahoo group also. lots of good info on there but i havent heard back yet.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Diabolic

The main forum is on this same page where you got into this area "the war room".Go in the general forum area on this same page.

I have several of the 1/6 stuarts and the stock charger that came with these tanks is a good one.It will do a good job charging the battery and won't fry it when it is in the trickle charge mode.I as a rule of thumb I charge mine about 5 hours-seems to work good.

It is nice when you charge any tank to use a cheap timer that can be bought at any hardware store and set it for the time you want the charger to run............If you forget you had your charger going you will have lots of time to remember before it starts charging again the next day at the time you had started it the preveiouse day.

Acid batterys are easy to keep in good working condition.......Just put them back on the charger when done playing with them and unplug after a few hours.........To me the worst thing you can do to one is run the power level way down on them and then leave them set without boosting the charge back up on it.I think that is the biggest killer of acid type batterys.

The 1/6 stuarts are my favorite scale and tank............have fun with your's...

BIGMIG
Old 12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
ebozarth

Hi, new here. Got a 1:6 stuart for my nephew and need a gear for one of the gear boxes, anyone know where I can find one?
thx
ed
Old 12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
diabolic-mind

check the yahho group listed above. im buying a parts tank from someone just to have some spare parts. if it has a gearbox in it i would consider selling you one. which gearbox in yours has the damaged gear? ill check my parts tank when i get it and let you know via pm
Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
ebozarth

as you face the front of the tank it would be the left gearbox, there are several gears inside that are identical andi need 1 of them
Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
diabolic-mind

you could always check local hardware stores for a matching gear. i find some crazy things at ace hardware.