Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

my Wea experience ..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Roj899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Wea experience ..

Hi.
I invested in weatronics 2.4 for my Multiplex profi 4000 - am really happy with it the system has been flawless for me.
I love the receivers, the redundancy,the intergrated gyros and so on.
Luckily for me, cost isn't an issue.

However, it seems that fewer and fewer stores are continuing to supply weatronic products which scares me a little.
I also notice a trend of many users selling up their weatronics gear.
Even the activity on this forum is scarce and most of the posts are over 6 months old!

Neither the online german or USA stores deliver to Australia which i find unusual. (I contacted the store to ask why - they emailed back to say the doship herehowever their store website still refuses Australia as a destination. Repeated attempts to point this out to the store have been ignored).

Therefore my only source for receivers and parts is on ebay when items occasionally seem to be put up for sale.

Another worry for me is the poor after sales service reported by other users (but I have never required service myself).

Right now, i want a future-proof 2.4g system for when i retire my profi4000.
I hear that Wea is producing their own transmitter but who knows when and if it will ever be available over here.
Sothe new multiplex profi with m-link, or jeti duplex and even spektrum dx-10 seem like tempting alternatives.

I really don't know if i can justify investing further in the weatronic system, locking myself into a brand that may not be here in another year or two for allI know.
It is such a shame because the system itself seems fantastic.

Anyway these are my thoughts.
Please feel free to share your own.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:53 AM
stevebeale

Default RE: my Wea experience ..

Like you i have now lost any heart in weatronic, i have been with them since 2009. and dispite emails and purchasing new modules
i still cant get my 14mz to run. with out servo problems, they sent me the new modual b4 xmas and that did nt work at all.

i have been out and got a Hiteck aurora 9 with the telematry unit,s and never had any problems with it..

But if weatronic are reading this and if they would like to keep me as a customer i surgest they Message me to sort out there mess
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Agree with your general sentiment Roj. I also use a Multiplex 4000 with Wea, between the incredible software of the Multiplex and the capabilities of Weatronic I feel I have the best system I can get. But with Wea's poor response to technical or delivery problems you do wonder how long they will last and therefore wonder about buying any more Rx. I still buy it because as long as it and my Mpx 4000 still work, the system will remain brilliant for decades even if Wea went belly up. I have a spare 4000 to act as sacrifice for spare parts. I also use a Multiplex Cockpit SX with M-link for all my non-jet stuff though so I am not yet locked in to just the one brand. In the medium to long term the 4000 has to be replaced so it will either be whatever Tx Wea comes out with, or the newly announced Multiplex Profi Tx and abandon Wea. As long as the Wea Tx has good enough software I will be tempted to stick with it, because devices like the 12-22 gyro Rx with everything built in and at low price compared to buying all the separates makes good sense imo. The killer for me is how the software in Wea and the Mpx Profi Tx stack up against the amazing Profi 4000.

Harry
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Roj899

Thanks for your replies.
For a while I was wondering whether i was the only one who felt isolated and alone with the weatronic system - it seems the sentiment is shared by others.

Harry - i feel exactly the same way about the combination of the mpx profi 4000 + wea module: it is the "king" of radios. Not wanting to start a "best radio war" but personally I feel a little sorry for the users of japanese radios that haven't experienced the flexibility and logic of this radio's programming!

Rumour has it the new profi '5000" might not be as flexible as the 4000.

And i also agree - the wea system is working flawlessly at the moment for me (and probably will do so indefinitely. )
But i feel uneasy about buying more receivers and accessories in the future - the trouble with 2.4 is it locks you in to a brand.

Rohan.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
gerhardp

Hi Rohan,
I was good friends with Axel, who invented the system. I joined to help him as the US distributor. To protect the other vendors of other countries I am only allowed to sell here in the US. As it seems, there is no distributor who you can get anything from in Australia. I have had problems getting goods myself here to the US as well. I do have a few receivers here in the US and some smaller items as well. The US website reflects my current inventory. If you need anything, please let me know and I will support you with what I can. I have not heard from Germany for a while and I don't know if they will want to keep selling to me either after they have changed ownership again now under one roof with Graupner. Who knows, it might be good news or no change at all. I have not heard from the Fair either, so I can't tell what is going on. David Gladwin used to have a good contact to Alwin and with that had the best feel of what was going on. You know him and he might be your best source of knowledge.
Thanks,
Gerhard
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I can't believe the new owners bought it with the intention of wasting their money and letting it go out of business. So I anticipate it has a future but the new owner does need to address the attitude of some in Wea
Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Roj899

Thanks for your reply Gerhard, and for offering to supply items from your US store.
Like Harry i hope to hang onto my wea system for as long as it works well, and see what the future holds with the weatronic company.
Sadly, the perception is that the company's profile is diminishing. I really hope things improve - most of us want it to succeed, the products themselves are excellent.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say Gerhard has been great and I have invested a lot of money into Weatronics in the last couple of months. I am very concerned about the future of Weatronic and there parts avalibility. I will continue to use it because it is the best system out there.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:34 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just purchased 3 new Micro 12 gyro 3 receivers and a DV4( currently running DV3) to go with a Micro 12Gyro 3 and 12-22R Gyro 3 that I currently own. I love this system and believe it to be the best available. I have seen some improvement in the customer service. With my recent order, I ordered the "set" for Futaba 14mz and requested that the appropriate adapter be included for USA coding.

I received an email response from Christof stating that their 14mz module adapter will not work with a USA coded transmitter. I asked him to substitute one for my JR 12x, which he did and refunded me the difference by Pay pal.

They seem to be moving forward with development of new products but, are slow to convey the information in English. I usually check the German language site and run it through Google translator to see what's going on at the company.

Not 100% sure but, I think I may be the only one in Canada running this system!

Mike