Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

12-22R Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Chessiegolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12-22R Problem

Can anyone out there help me please.

Yesterday I was checking a model after the winter layoff and initially everything was fine. Suddenly the red (battery) light on the soft switch illuminated and there was no drive to the servos. I checked the batteries, which appeared to be fine, but charged them both overnight anyway. This morning when I switched on I still got a steady red light and no servo outputs. Using the 'monitor' screen of Gigacontrol I can see the signal outputs alter as the sticks are twiddled, so don't suspect the transmitter.

The transmitter and receiver appear to be communicating as I can press the 'quick bind' button and get the sympathetic green flashes on the tx and rx before settling back to steady greens.

I've checked the flash codes in the instruction manual and while there are a number of variations listed, a steady red light is not one of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance

Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Chessiegolf

Default RE: 12-22R Problem

The fault has gone away now...............I reloaded the file, the servos now drive ok and the red light has cleared. Its a bit disconncerting though that the problem should show up and stop everything. However I've never had a fault show up in the air so I imagine it was something I was doing while the transmitter was connected to Gigacontrol.
...........faith in Weatronic is now restored!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Weatronics USA

Chessiegolf,

Please let us know if the problem returns..Intermitent radio issues are very unsettling and are always of great concern..Proceed cautiously and lets hope it is just a glitch..
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Chessiegolf

OK Larry,

Thanks for that.

I believe now it was probably me fiddling with the programming, though a steady red light must mean something but its not listed in the flash codes.

Anyway, I've now spent a few hours playing with the programming and have succeeded in switching the lights on at exactly the right spot of flaps deployment and also programmed fade-out for one of the internal gyros.

The programming capabilities are brilliant, things that just cannot be achieved through any of the (Futaba) transmitters I used in the past.

The model has sat on the ground through all this but the receiver has performed faultlessly, so I'm convinced the original probalem was mine.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:00 AM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steady red means battery test failed. You may have changed the parameters to a value below what your good battery will be with a load on it. I had this happen to me when I changed from Lipo to A123 batteries and did not change the battery fail voltage for the battery test. I would also check your battery packs before you fly the plane(cycle them a couple of times).