Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Decals for Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decals for Ultimate

Just wondering what is the best way to mount the decals for the ultimate , are they the kind that you dip in water solution to peel off the backing sheet or what??
Old 01-30-2006, 05:14 PM
RCFREAK

Default RE: Decals for Ultimate

hey mate, i just got some Vinyl decals from http://www.aero3dgfx.com/, they recomend not using water as all the letters on the graphic are not joined, if u put a water solution on to apply them, all the letters would not be aligned, best method is the dry method, its not that hard to apply these suckers at all, just be patient.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:22 PM
BAS

I dont believe we are talking the same decals here. You probally have the ones that have the backing that just peels off as you lay the pattern on the plane. Those are the best by far. Tom can you advise on your decals that came with the plane please the best way to apply??
Old 01-31-2006, 05:10 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes.

Lay the decals down on a table with the backing paper still attached. Take the sheet of clear transfer medium and remove the backing paper. Lay the transfer sheet down on top of the decals so the decals will adhere to the transfer sheet.

Turn the whole mess over now and peel away the backing paper from the decals, pulling in a sideways manner so you do not pull thedecal off the transfer sheet.

Nowlay the transfer sheet/decal down on the plane in the desired location. Use a rounded tool like the base of a small screwdriver to rub the decals against the plane. As you rub it adhesive is activated.

Finally pull away the transfer sheet, again in a sideways manner leaving the decal behind.

TF
Old 01-31-2006, 06:40 AM
BAS

Thanks Tom for the information.