Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Begginer heli.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:40 AM
jidery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Begginer heli.

Hey guys, I first want to let you all know that i am in fact new to this heli stuff, but i wish to get into it. I was looking at some heli's and i was trying to find one that would be fun to fly in all directions (I figured 4 channel would be a great start!) and also be easy to fly.

The one im looking at right now is http://www.xheli.com/50h28-madhawk300-original-lcd.html which i figured fits my description.

Also i have a budget of about $150, and hope to buy 1 or 2 extra battery packs to go with it. Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Begginer heli.

This is a great heli to start if you are looking to give yourself a little challenge. If you want something for beginner you should go for the coxial heli. Please see here: http://www.xheli.com/4chcohe.html

Andy
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM
jidery

What do you mean by challenge? Would this heli be something thats easy to crash? Or just hard to fly in general? Why is the coxial heli easier?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
jidery

bump
Old 06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
GuitarPlayer

Just a heads up here. There's a lot of good quality birds out there, be carefull who you by from. In my opinion, nitroplanes,xheli, nitrorcx, and partsworkz are not up to our standards. Again, the product's are good. Many times though, the products are not as described. What these guys call RTF is not what beginners want to get into. Their customer service, tech support, and interpretation of what the products should be cappable of doing are far from advertized!!! Be carefull.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
GuitarPlayer

Another heads up Xheli just booted me for being honest. I hope everyone reads this and figures out what that site is all about.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
GuitarPlayer

I recomend staying away from Xheli and its sister companies, all 5! Their customer service is not very good. They like to hang up and don't give refunds or exchanges.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
GuitarPlayer

Ok. 3 weeks of flying my erazor 450 rtf. Not pushing it, mostly pattern flying.  Watch the plugs on the battery's and the motor controller!  Mine have gotten real loose and my fix is slightly ovaling the female connectors. Keep a close eye on these, or you chopper may drop out of the sky!!!  The struts on the tail boom broke. I repaired them with new ends from my LHS.  The gyro is nothing more than a buffer, no heading hold!!! Found it works a lot better mounted just behind the rotor. Adjust it to about 50% gain, acts like a center trim.  Take the horn off the servo and reattatch it one notch towards making a right turn. Then slide the whole servo on the boom to a point allowing for near or center of the tails rotor function. Mines at most 2 or 3 clicks off of center on the radio. Battery's and charger are junk.  Takes over 6 hours to charge the 2200mah and over 5 for the 1800mah I bought.  In nothing but hovering I get abou 12 to 16 min flight on the 2200mah. Watch the main rotor gear and one way bushing.  I had to lube both after about 3 hours of flight.  I use a light mineral oil.  Keep an eye on plastic dust there!!  I have flown mine indoor, still not the most stable bird.  NOT FOR BEGINERS! My Thunder Tiger 40 size, without expo, is hugely more stable!  I ran the wiring a little different, cleans everything up and mounted the speed controller under the battery, no more glitches. Look out for wires rubbing on the motor!!  All in all this bird is ok.  I like flying it in my apartment.  Anyone reading, realize that the charger, batteries, and gyro are junk and the xheli, nitroplanes, nitrorcx, partsworkz, and raidtech people will not help you after they have your' cash!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. you said the gyro has no head holding, so can you describe to me what exactly is your helicopter's tail doing?

2. did you center the tail pitch slider first by bypassing the gyro?

Andy