YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

foaming fuel on 110

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 03:23 PM
A1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foaming fuel on 110

I"m having a real hard time running a new (three tanks so far) FZ110. Going into the pump from the tank the fuel is clear with just every so few bubbles. Coming out of the pump into the carb. is pure foam. At idle it's got big bubbles and some foam. At wide open it looks like a milky mess. So much foam you can no longer see the fuel just white micro bubbles. Is there a problem? I can only get it to idle about 30 sec. and at full throttle it will lean out and die within 2 min. no matter how rich of setting it starts from.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: foaming fuel on 110

Something leaking in the engine. It should come see the service guys. Don't fight it, they can easily fix the problem.

YS Service
1295 Industrial Court
Gardnerville, NV 89410
Old 10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
A1

Dave, Thanks for the help. This being my first YS, I thought maybe I bought the wrong thing. But!! now that it's back from service with a NEW HEAD GASKET (problem solved) it's the most unreal engine I've ever had. Runs flawlessly. With an APC 15X4W it will take my new 8lb.10oz Funtana100X so complete vertical that I backed off before a range problem could occur. A flying buddy, when I quit today, was trying to figure out how he could sell his OS90 and OS120 on ebay so he could replace them with two YS1.10s.
The only glitch was my calling and asking if I could pay the difference between ground rate and 2nd Day air to get it here for the weekend. Service said no problem. Got the charge ticket and they had charged the whole amount to me. Charge was $22.00. UPS.com shows that is the total amount from there zip to mine.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your engine is doing well now. Call service and ask Richard to fix the UPS charges.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:16 PM
A1

Back Again. But now it will not idle. Runs fine on top end. When idled back after about 30 seconds the line between pump and engine fills up with the air bubbles and dies. THERE are no bubbles going into the pump from the tank at any time. Is there a problem maybe with warpage on the head? It's only got 3 gallons of fuel at most ran thru it from the first service ? Don't want an engine that has to be sent back every 6 months for repair. Thanks, Greg Newman
Old 06-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Likely an air leak in the regulator gasket or maybe the carb. I would say its not likely on the head but it could be.

I would say it leaking air somewhere, if you cahnge the regulator gasket, carb gaskets and all. Assemble them dry after the parts have been cleaned with denatured alcohol.

Let me know if there is anything more that you find. Gotta keep that fellow Newman happy with his YS....SMILE

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 07-01-2007, 04:40 PM
A1

Troy, Found the problem. The low speed needle had backed out about 5 turns. It had done this on it's own. Do you know of an issue with this occurring? Thanks!!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No, there is an o-ring on it...if you had taken the low end air bleed screw out and then re-installed it it could have damaged the o-ring...The or ring should keep it tight...There is no load on it....If it was adjust way open like 3-4 turns then maybe it would not have enough pressure on the o-ring to keep it tight.

By the way open past about 2.5 turns its full lean and the little hole inside is wide open...further changes to the open side will result in no changes to the mixture...If by chance your mixture is still too rich with this screw at 2.5 turns open then you need to lean the regulator slightly...1/8th to 1/4 turn.

For information as many folks get this confused. This adjustment doesn't control fuel flow. It is not really a Low end Needle valve. It controls air flow...therefore open it means more air flow so that LEAN. Close it to restrict air flow and that is RICHER.

Troy