YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:19 PM
A1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts

Troy, I need a part for YS110. Central Hobbies is out. What's the best way to order parts from YS Service? On the web site part numbers and price are listed but no way to direct order. I've never in four attempts had them email me back. Most calls I've ever made you get the machine.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Parts

email is not a good way to get a hold of them...They might get to it eventually usually its a phone call.

Richard is in the shop from 9am to 5pm PST M-F. The best times to call are about 10-11am on T and W from my experience.

If you are stuck and get the machine leave a message. They do attend quite a few events and sometimes Fridays are a crap shoot. Richard's son Jeremy is big into RC car racing and they like many of us attend RC car events on many weekends.

Likelihood is that if Central doesn't have the part Richard doesn't have one either, although maybe they could scrounge up a semi used one that will work in the short run. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Troy
Old 12-14-2007, 06:03 PM
ozzmanace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi troy. i have a ys 91. my problem is the barrel is sticking in transition. i have bought a new barrel for a 91ac w/ rubber . and a barrel for a 91 fz w/ rubber. neither one fits. the original is a little bigger than the ac one. the engines about 5 years old. the engine says ac on it but the box says fz. i just got it rebiult from ys services. and had about two flights when this happened. not to saying this is their fault, but how do i fix this. thanks.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes the throttle barrels will vary a bit. What happens when the engines are built is the gasket is not installed and the barrel is lapped into the carb bore so its a perfect fit.

The reason your stuck is likely the concern...Did it get some debris in there and bind it up....

Another option is that the rear carb bolts are warping the carb body and causing it to twist binding up the barrel. These bolts should be tight but don't torque them down...If you loosen the carb bolts slightly and the barrel frees up try tightening it even and not too tight on the bolts sometimes this works.

There is also the option for you to lap the barrel in the carb body. You need to do it when the carb is bolted up tight to the backplate of the engine.

This is something I recommend YS parts and service taking care of for you.

the parts break down show different parts for the 91AC and the 91FZ. This was a change that I guess was made between the two engines.

91AC throttle barrel is YSE1960

91FZ throttle barrel is YSE4310

I don't know the specific differences from these parts numbers. If you contact YS Parts and Service Richard can swap you out for the proper part number. Also I'm sure Central Hobbies can help you also. But they don't work on the engines everyday Richard at YS parts and Service does.

Troy Newman
Team YS