Search
Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Is power master 15% ok?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is power master 15% ok?

Is it ok to use power master 15% nitro? I just bought this engine and would like to make sure that my throttle is set up correctly. I wont be able to get the ys 20/20 for a week or longer. I have some fuel that I use for my 2- stroke available. I wouldn't bother trying to adjust the motor.
Is it necessary to use "after run" at the end of the day?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is power master 15% ok?

If it has at least 20% oil content you would be safe using it, otherwise you chance running an engine without enough lubrication.

As for after run oil there are people that will say yes and then there are those who say no. If you choose to use an after run oil make sure it is not a petroleum distillate nor contains any as the silicone parts and seals will be adversly affected. 100% synthetic like Mobil 1 would work and has been suggested in this forum before.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:19 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Default RE: Is power master 15% ok?

If it's the 20% oil as PeteC mentioned, it should run but setting it up with one nitro content fuel and going to another will mean that you'll have to start over on the setup....

These little engines REALLY like high nitro content fuel and run much better on 30%. The other issue is that as you get lower nitro content fuel, they get harder to tune and will not idle as slow. This was an issue for me since the models I have 110's on will taxi off if the engine idle isn't low enough and take lots of room to get 'em down with the idle too high.

I understand that cost can be an issue, but I really like the performance difference. I run CoolPower 30% and they claim no after run oil is necessary. When I sent in on of my 110's for a look see after having run only the CoolPower and no after run oil, all Richard had to put in it was a new silcone regulator piece, no rust was found. That's good enough for me!