Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 AM
RCJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I have the link and the card and prefer the card since the main parameters set are on the card and its a pain to bring the computer out to the field. Over time I've switched to using the card almost exclusively. The card does both and is worth the extra few dollars.

When are the spare parts coming out? I am holding off from beating the truck for the fear it will be out of use for a long time.
I'm wondering the same thing, because on their site it says "100% of parts for this vehicle are in stock.".
Old 10-07-2011, 06:52 AM
RCJuice

Correction. I just checked their site again and now it says 71% of parts. I guess the parts are out there somewhere.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Johnbalz

Correction. I just checked their site again and now it says 71% of parts. I guess the parts are out there somewhere.
Not at distributors yet. When it said 100%, the only part they had listed was the SF-50WP servo.

They don't have jack squat listed on their site yet.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:24 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the parts have popped up on ebay... but none of the ones I need... Maybe I just need to drop $300 on another one for parts..
Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 AM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Some of the parts have popped up on ebay... but none of the ones I need... Maybe I just need to drop $300 on another one for parts..

I saw all those parts on ebay, it looks like somebody is parting out a new one. I was thinking about picking up the used one another member said he would sell for $150 a few pages back (I think it was as a roller or something but it may be worth it for the spare parts if so).
Old 10-07-2011, 10:36 AM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Not at distributors yet. When it said 100%, the only part they had listed was the SF-50WP servo.

They don't have jack squat listed on their site yet.
LOL, probably one of the most worthless parts on the whole truck!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
t9dragon

I saw all those parts on ebay, it looks like somebody is parting out a new one. I was thinking about picking up the used one another member said he would sell for $150 a few pages back (I think it was as a roller or something but it may be worth it for the spare parts if so).
Does he still have it for sale? I would split it with you....
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM
RCJuice

Not sure. The posts are on page 31, username is roadstar01. Which parts do you want most? We'd probably want all the same stuff...
Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 PM
t9dragon

Not sure. The posts are on page 31, username is roadstar01. Which parts do you want most? We'd probably want all the same stuff...
I need some front end parts do to my XS going WOT into a brick wall...
Old 10-07-2011, 12:04 PM
redfisher1974

Great weekend for some bashing I say....
Old 10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Great weekend for some bashing I say....
Only if the weatherman can forecast the weather correctly....
Old 10-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Ptec

Does anybody make paddle tires for this truck?  Or is there a standard size that will fit?  Its going to snow soon here in utah i want to get prepped. 
Old 10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
redfisher1974

any 2.2 tire will fit the stock rims
Old 10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
t9dragon

Proline and Panther make paddle tires...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:37 PM
RCJuice

Has anybody had any luck calibrating the failsafe with the stock radio? In the manual it says to press and hold the button on the receiver (with the radio on) until the light flashes and then let it go. Then you are supposed to give it full brake as the second step. When I do this, the receiver flashes, but when I go to give it brake it still goes into reverse, even when the receiver is flashing. Ihave gone through the binding procedure a couple of times and it makes no difference. It seems so simple, but maybe I am missing something?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:02 PM
t9dragon

Has anybody had any luck calibrating the failsafe with the stock radio? In the manual it says to press and hold the button on the receiver (with the radio on) until the light flashes and then let it go. Then you are supposed to give it full brake as the second step. When I do this, the receiver flashes, but when I go to give it brake it still goes into reverse, even when the receiver is flashing. I have gone through the binding procedure a couple of times and it makes no difference. It seems so simple, but maybe I am missing something?
The problem is that it is to simple.. I think that might be what happened with my XS going WOT, the failsafe wasn't set from the factory just like I had to reset the radio and receiver..
Old 10-07-2011, 03:06 PM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

Hey T9....is HPI helping you out with this? I have heard of a few folks with radio issues??

Just curious....
Old 10-07-2011, 03:16 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: paba60

Hey T9....is HPI helping you out with this? I have heard of a few folks with radio issues??

Just curious....
They know about my issues but they told me to call back next week to see when they would have replacement parts. They also told me that it would be a warranty claim and they would replace what was broke. So I am just playing the waiting game for parts. As long as my son are within 50ft of our XS's there aren't any issues it is when they get over 50-75ft away then the issues start.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 PM
paba60

At least they plan to take care of the issues....

My XS is due in on Monday. I've been taking good notes....
Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
RCJuice

Has anybody had any luck calibrating the failsafe with the stock radio? In the manual it says to press and hold the button on the receiver (with the radio on) until the light flashes and then let it go. Then you are supposed to give it full brake as the second step. When I do this, the receiver flashes, but when I go to give it brake it still goes into reverse, even when the receiver is flashing. Ihave gone through the binding procedure a couple of times and it makes no difference. It seems so simple, but maybe I am missing something?
The problem is that it is to simple.. I think that might be what happened with my XS going WOT, the failsafe wasn't set from the factory just like I had to reset the radio and receiver..
Were you able to get the failsafe to calibrate like the book says? I've got a lot of experience with this type of stuff and just can't get anywhere with it.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM
redfisher1974

Took the wife and kids to the school yard and brought the XS and my Firestorm, Ran them both on 3s packs and had a blast. Had like 10 people watching, After full packs on both the XS was 150 motor...125 esc. The storm was 180 motor and 130 esc. Shocked me that the xs ran cooler, I have the XS dialed in just right. It pulls hard and goes like a cut cat.

I will say this, After running the XS for a few packs then going back to my Firestorm its really weird....The storm is so quite and handles better on road, But without all the noise it feels flat...
Old 10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
paba60

Took the wife and kids to the school yard and brought the XS and my Firestorm, Ran them both on 3s packs and had a blast. Had like 10 people watching, After full packs on both the XS was 150 motor...125 esc. The storm was 180 motor and 130 esc. Shocked me that the xs ran cooler, I have the XS dialed in just right. It pulls hard and goes like a cut cat.

I will say this, After running the XS for a few packs then going back to my Firestorm its really weird....The storm is so quite and handles better on road, But without all the noise it feels flat...

OK Red...

So, what are your 'dialed' settings for 3S? Please do share...
Old 10-07-2011, 04:16 PM
redfisher1974

Glad you asked my friend, lipo cut off 3.2V
reverse power 55%
brakes 55%
punch control 70%
Timing low 5*
start power low

Almost no cogging, And still has lots of power when you hit the trigger.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:39 PM
t9dragon

Glad you asked my friend, lipo cut off 3.2V
reverse power 55%
brakes 55%
punch control 70%
Timing low 5*
start power low

Almost no cogging, And still has lots of power when you hit the trigger.
Are those the settings for the stock ESC?
Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 PM
t9dragon

Has anybody had any luck calibrating the failsafe with the stock radio? In the manual it says to press and hold the button on the receiver (with the radio on) until the light flashes and then let it go. Then you are supposed to give it full brake as the second step. When I do this, the receiver flashes, but when I go to give it brake it still goes into reverse, even when the receiver is flashing. I have gone through the binding procedure a couple of times and it makes no difference. It seems so simple, but maybe I am missing something?
Were you able to get the failsafe to calibrate like the book says? I've got a lot of experience with this type of stuff and just can't get anywhere with it.
Yes, I got it to calibrate but I had to call HPI to get it to work. And still had it fail and go WOT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.