Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Maximilionalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk
Max,
I have read all your posts in this thread and you have not explained here how you are getting your AGL readings. If you have explained it elsewhere then please provide a link. Do you even know the difference between AGL and MSL and how they are measured?

Frank
You've not read all of my posts, because if you had, you'd have seen your answer...And as far as your sarcastic comment about my knowledge...does an atom have a nucleus?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:42 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha
You've not read all of my posts, because if you had, you'd have seen your answer...And as far as your sarcastic comment about my knowledge...does an atom have a nucleus?
Max,
you have so far made 21 posts (most of them videos) in this thread. If you think I'm searching this forum to read all you posts think again. There was nothing sarcastic about my last question and your constant use of AGL instead of MSL and your refusal to explain how you come by those readings is telling. To answer your question, Yes.

Frank
Old 11-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

What is the difference 400' or 4,000'? He is flying over people, houses, highways and near an aircraft approach w/o communication with approaching aircraft. I hope someone slaps the cuffs on him before someone gets killed.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Maximilionalpha

Max,
you have so far made 21 posts (most of them videos) in this thread. If you think I'm searching this forum to read all you posts think again. There was nothing sarcastic about my last question and your constant use of AGL instead of MSL and your refusal to explain how you come by those readings is telling. To answer your question, Yes.

Frank
If I'm not mistaken, post #167 is where I answered your question. Shortly after your post of the guy in the wheelchair with the glider. But....just to once again, answer your question.....EagleTree
Altitude Altimeter V4. I do know the differences between, AGL and MSL, ASL.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by Len Todd
What is the difference 400' or 4,000'? He is flying over people, houses, highways and near an aircraft approach w/o communication with approaching aircraft. I hope someone slaps the cuffs on him before someone gets killed.
Oh yeah!? Well, I hope someone just slaps you, with handcuffs!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:19 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
That is a crock, if an airport wanted a field shut down they could do it in a heart beat. Don't tell me that they had no say.
Just think about it for a minute if airports already had the ability to shut down RC fields at will without reason why would the FAA
waste the time to proposing a new rule giving them the ability to do what they can already do.

Last edited by ira d; 11-10-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is flying over people, houses, highways and near an aircraft approach w/o communication with approaching aircraft.
I have not seen all the video's but the ones I did see he is staying over the field. And he has stated he has or at least tried to do so. You are looking out of a wide angle video that he is not using for guidance. He is doing no different than most soaring enthusiasts, except he has made a video.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I have not seen all the video's but the ones I did see he is staying over the field. And he has stated he has or at least tried to do so. You are looking out of a wide angle video that he is not using for guidance. He is doing no different than most soaring enthusiasts, except he has made a video.
Very well stated, sir! Hat's off to ya!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:14 PM
stu48

Originally Posted by JohnShe
I don't know what news you were watching, but this guy was not reporting news. He was stating an unfounded and baseless opinion. Ignore him.
I pretty sure that is what news reporting has become. Opinions, selective reporting (opinionating), and sensationalism. I don't watch it anymore.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:47 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Sport: He is clearly violating FAA and AMA rules.
I looked as his RCU profile, beginner Pilot, 0 years building, what can you say about this beginner in this hobby? I can say, he is the type of person that has no respect for AMA or FAA rules, he doe's what he wants, nobody is going to restrict him, that's his attitude.
I deleted part of this post because it was not appropriate and I apologize to Maxililionalpha and anyone else I offended. These types of forums tend to let our temper get the best of us and in my case that is what happened. I still do not condone flying a 1500-3000' altitude.

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 11-11-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Maximilionalpha

My AMA number, is the same one that you use...lol. Build? Of course I build, and mod as well. Been in the hobby for years! Don't think I care to completely fill out any and all profiles on websites that I join. Not good business. You're the type of person that will have this hobby shut down, all because you can't see past 100' and wish for everyone else to fly like you do. Those that don't and won't, you get on the horn and drop a dime on 'em. lmao! Go get a life, informant!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:03 PM
FLAPHappy

My AMA number, is the same one that you use...lol. Build? Of course I build, and mod as well. Been in the hobby for years! Don't think I care to completely fill out any and all profiles on websites that I join. Not good business. You're the type of person that will have this hobby shut down, all because you can't see past 100' and wish for everyone else to fly like you do. Those that don't and won't, you get on the horn and drop a dime on 'em. lmao! Go get a life, informant!
Oh, you have been in the hobby for years? How about 4 as stated on your profile, and a beginner Pilot? You don't know anything about this hobby, and post stupid posts on a thread you know nothing about. No, I can see up to 400 feet, that is the altitude limit set by AMA and FAA rules. You do not clearly abide by those rules.
I can see farther than that but not 3000 ft flying a glider with a 5 ft wingspan.
Why do you not Post your AMA Number as asked? Something to hide? Every person has a seperate AMA number, and your number is not the same as mine, thank God.
You have no idea how I can fly, but I certainly obey rules, which you do not, as evident. No, I did not get on the Horn, instead notified the correct people with a computer. Informant, No. When it comes to people purposely violating rules in this hobby, which you seem to have great pleasure then yes, I will let somebody know about it, wait and see, is the game now.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
Oh, you have been in the hobby for years? How about 4 as stated on your profile, and a beginner Pilot? You don't know anything about this hobby, and post stupid posts on a thread you know nothing about. No, I can see up to 400 feet, that is the altitude limit set by AMA and FAA rules. You do not clearly abide by those rules.
I can see farther than that but not 3000 ft flying a glider with a 5 ft wingspan.
Why do you not Post your AMA Number as asked? Something to hide? Every person has a seperate AMA number, and your number is not the same as mine, thank God.
You have no idea how I can fly, but I certainly obey rules, which you do not, as evident. No, I did not get on the Horn, instead notified the correct people with a computer. Informant, No. When it comes to people purposely violating rules in this hobby, which you seem to have great pleasure then yes, I will let somebody know about it, wait and see, is the game now.
lol...Well, I wish you lots of luck with that I'd love for my attorney to chew you up and spit you out in court..lol
Btw...it's a 6 foot wingspan. You must be thinking of one of your little fun-jets.
Ya, jackwagon! lol

Last edited by Maximilionalpha; 11-10-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Maximilionalpha

This is more, flaphappy's speed... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgHZXCr90Dg
Old 11-10-2014, 07:05 PM
bradpaul

You might get some credability IF you actually understood the AMA Safety Code. The 400' limit is only within three miles of an airport.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:17 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by bradpaul
You might get some credability IF you actually understood the AMA Safety Code. The 400' limit is only within three miles of an airport.
Brad, you are correct. I stand down and regret my last post on 400', however 1500-3000' is a little over the max limit don't ya think?
Old 11-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Maximilionalpha

Brad, you are correct. I stand down and regret my last post on 400', however 1500-3000' is a little over the max limit don't ya think?
Hey, jackwagon! Gonna drop a dime on this guy as well??? lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH48JLSCtfc
Old 11-10-2014, 08:56 PM
N410DC

I am not aware of any "max limits" in the regulations or in black law. However, I think the FAA could make an augment that 3000' is reckless and a risk to the National Airspace System. At that distance, one could argue that an R/C pilot cannot see the model and full scale aircraft well enough to meet the "see and avoid" standards under VFR rules. As I said before, if a mid-air collision with a full scale aircraft occurred at that altitude, they pilot of the model aircraft would be in a heap of trouble (far more serious than a $10,000 fine.)
Old 11-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Maximilionalpha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvFFHpnPMFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVoovoO3SoU

Last edited by Maximilionalpha; 11-10-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by N410DC
I am not aware of any "max limits" in the regulations or in black law. However, I think the FAA could make an augment that 3000' is reckless and a risk to the National Airspace System. At that distance, one could argue that an R/C pilot cannot see the model and full scale aircraft well enough to meet the "see and avoid" standards under VFR rules. As I said before, if a mid-air collision with a full scale aircraft occurred at that altitude, they pilot of the model aircraft would be in a heap of trouble (far more serious than a $10,000 fine.)
Well they fly pretty high in the nationals and other contests. How high do free flights fly when they go OOS? The aerobatic box for pattern is well over 1000 feet tall as well. Many modelers have complained that 400 feet is way to small and many trying to fly 400 feet may actually be flying 600 or 800 feet as it is a judgement call for most of us. Meaning that we might think we are at 400 feet alititude but are actually much higher.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:10 AM
phlpsfrnk

If I'm not mistaken, post #167 is where I answered your question. Shortly after your post of the guy in the wheelchair with the glider. But....just to once again, answer your question.....EagleTree
Altitude Altimeter V4. I do know the differences between, AGL and MSL, ASL.
Max,
I owe you an apology. looking at the time stamps for posts #167 & #168 we were posting at the same time and I'm sorry I missed your post. Getting back to my original question of how you came to your AGL figures I will state again that most barometric altimeters measure in MSL as does the Eagle Tree Altimeter MicroSensor V4 that you use.

Please note the first bullet under Specifications. You really should know your equipment better. Now the question is why do you think it is appropriate to post multiple (13) videos in an AMA thread discussing the antics of people like you who only wish to post their videos on the internet and make false claims of "World Records"? The only point you appear to be making here is how ill informed people like you are that do these kind of things.

Frank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eagletree Alt V4.png
Views:	58
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	2046587  

Last edited by phlpsfrnk; 11-11-2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-11-2014, 03:31 AM
Maximilionalpha

I'm giving Absolute altitude readings...not Above sea level, or Mean sea level, readings...There is a big difference, you know?
Old 11-11-2014, 04:38 AM
phlpsfrnk

I'm giving Absolute altitude readings...not Above sea level, or Mean sea level, readings...There is a big difference, you know?
Yes, I am well aware of the differences between AGL and MSL however I'm trying to understand your reasoning behind why you wish to use AGL when your device of choice gives you altitude in "Above Sea Level". How are you arriving at AGL and why use AGL?
Old 11-11-2014, 04:54 AM
phlpsfrnk

Max,
Is this where you are flying from?

Frank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lewistown Sectional.png
Views:	77
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	2046603  
Old 11-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Maximilionalpha

Yes, I am well aware of the differences between AGL and MSL however I'm trying to understand your reasoning behind why you wish to use AGL when your device of choice gives you altitude in "Above Sea Level". How are you arriving at AGL and why use AGL?
It's simple mathematics. I know the exact altitude that I am ASL, so therefore, I subtract my ASL. Why use ASL...well, If I were an actual pilot in an airplane, I'd use both, MSL, as well as ASL, to keep track of how high AGL, I were actually flying. Being that land mass varies, as you fly over it. Well, same with an rc airplane, except, I don't fly CC, but instead, vertically above me, were the land isn't dramatically varying. So again, just a matter of simple mathematics. Well, hope that helps you out?! Have a pleasant day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.