Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
You can tell it to the FCC when/if they issue you a summons. "Hey, no one else got one, why are you giving me one". I bet they hear that all the time.
They haven't heard it at all yet. And I bet they never will.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:44 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Yes, but the FCC is pretty lenient if it is a toy.
Where does it say that in the FCC rules?
Old 01-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

They haven't heard it at all yet. And I bet they never will.
Agreed.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:11 PM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Oh, i agree. I was reponding to what Crispy was saying.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where does it say that in the FCC rules?
I don't think they accept Monopoly money for the $25,000 fine.

And if you don't pay it's probably not LEGO prison thet you spend time in.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:34 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Charlie P.
I don't think they accept Monopoly money for the $25,000 fine.

And if you don't pay it's probably not LEGO prison thet you spend time in.
I don't think the FCC rules impose a $25,000 fine on individuals. Most CB's got a few hundred or maybe a $1000 fine for over powering their radios.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:41 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I don't think the FCC rules impose a $25,000 fine on individuals. Most CB's got a few hundred or maybe a $1000 fine for over powering their radios.
You seem to have a lot of thoughts, but very little documented evidence to back any of them up. Still waiting for your reference to the FCC rules showing it was illegal for end-user consumers to purchase those radios Hobby Lobby was issued a FCC citation for such that the consumers could have been issues an FCC citation as well.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:03 AM
Sport_Pilot

You seem to have a lot of thoughts, but very little documented evidence to back any of them up. Still waiting for your reference to the FCC rules showing it was illegal for end-user consumers to purchase those radios Hobby Lobby was issued a FCC citation for such that the consumers could have been issues an FCC citation as well.
The point was that end users got no citation. I never referenced FCC rules. I think you missed the point. The FAA will not be able to enforce registration of an unregistered drone. I think you have proved that point.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:22 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

The point was that end users got no citation. I never referenced FCC rules. I think you missed the point. The FAA will not be able to enforce registration of an unregistered drone. I think you have proved that point.
I still say using the example of the FCC to predict what the FAA will do makes about as much sense as using the IRS or maybe the DHS as your enforcement baseline . ALL of the 3 letter govt. organizations operate differently and again we're right back to them apples & oranges . Or in this case , apples & grapefruits ......
Old 01-29-2016, 06:24 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

See post 4175.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
I still say using the example of the FCC to predict what the FAA will do makes about as much sense as using the IRS or maybe the DHS as your enforcement baseline . ALL of the 3 letter govt. organizations operate differently and again we're right back to them apples & oranges . Or in this case , apples & grapefruits ......
Keep in mind his FCC analysis is merely hearsay. FCC doesn't play games just as the FAA won't be playing games.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:39 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Hey all U air space and FAR type lawyers here What is the verdict of our
Canadian friends flying in the use under their MCCA origination ,,
They aren't allowed to register because they are not citizens so can or can not fly after the dead line date ????
Old 01-29-2016, 07:01 AM
Sport_Pilot

See post 4175.
So that does prove my point. You dispute that they never issued a citation to the users? Or that it is illegal to use an illegal transmitter? Either one proves my point.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:09 AM
Sport_Pilot

Keep in mind his FCC analysis is merely hearsay. FCC doesn't play games just as the FAA won't be playing games.
Let's change it to using illegal CB radio's then. The FCC did prosecute illegal tampering of radios and their use. Mostly those that increased the transmitter power and in some cases swamped adjacent frequencies. They would triangulate the transmissions of the worst cases. Some were also caught with spot checks by cops when they would issue traffic tickets and knew of illegal use in the area. They would actually check the transmitters output. It was rare but it did happen.

The point is not that they cannot enforce registration rules. If you are caught with an unregistered drone in your car, well that's not illegal. They would have to catch you flying the drone. Not likely to happen.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:10 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

So that does prove my point. You dispute that they never issued a citation to the users? Or that it is illegal to use an illegal transmitter? Either one proves my point.
Originally Posted by mike1974
If people purchased non-compliant radio frequency devices, were they not breaking the law?
My understanding is you implied it was illegal for consumers to PURCHASE those radios from Hobby Lobby. All I asked is where this is stated in the FCC rules which you've failed to do. You've only proven you cannot provide verifiable evidence to anything you state as fact.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:10 AM
Sport_Pilot

How is it hearsay? You posted the citation to Hobby Lobby. And you admit they did not prosecute the users.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:11 AM
Sport_Pilot

My understanding is you implied it was illegal for consumers to PURCHASE those radios from Hobby Lobby. All I asked is where this is stated in the FCC rules which you've failed to do. You've only proven you cannot provide verifiable evidence to anything you state as fact.
I never said that. I said they were not prosecuted for using illegal radios. You never disputed that.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:27 AM
Sport_Pilot

I think I get what you may be implying. You think it is not illegal to use an illegal R/C transmitter. Right? How long have you been in the hobby to not know the rules? The regulations definitely say how to identify a certified radio and that non certified radios should not be used. We should all know this.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:31 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I think I get what you may be implying. You think it is not illegal to use an illegal R/C transmitter. Right? How long have you been in the hobby to not know the rules? The regulations definitely say how to identify a certified radio and that non certified radios should not be used. We should all know this.
If people purchased non-compliant radio frequency devices, were they not breaking the law?
You answered "Yes" to his question. Again, just looking for where this is stated in the FCC rules.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:34 AM
Sport_Pilot

You answered "Yes" to his question. Again, just looking for where this is stated in the FCC rules.
I think it pretty safe bet that most of those people actually used them. Pretty poor of you to argue such a small technicality. But actually it is obvious that you did not know it was illegal to use them.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I think it pretty safe bet that most of those people actually used them. Pretty poor of you to argue such a small technicality. But actually it is obvious that you did not know it was illegal to use them.
Wasn't asking if they used them.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:28 AM
mike1974

Well , if they are not playing games then they won't be going after responsible pilots flying within the AMA safety code whose only "crime" would be not filing some paperwork.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Well , if they are not playing games then they won't be going after responsible pilots flying within the AMA safety code whose only "crime" would be not filing some paperwork.
Try them and see. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few examples. You know, just to test the process to make sure it's working.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:18 AM
mike1974

Try them and see. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few examples. You know, just to test the process to make sure it's working.
Why in the world would they harass someone flying within the AMA safety code? How does that make an example out of anybody? If anything, it makes the FAA look like a bunch of jack*****es.

"Tonight on CNN, Billy Bob fined 1000.00 by the FAA. He was flying responsibly and within the AMA safety code (read doing nothing wrong) but he didn't fill out an online form. Apparently the FAA has nothing more important to do than harass Billy Bob, who was flying safely, about an online form".

My bad, I thought they were doing this in the name of NAS safety and not to harass law abiding citizens.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:29 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Why in the world would they harass someone flying within the AMA safety code? How does that make an example out of anybody? If anything, it makes the FAA look like a bunch of jack*****es.

"Tonight on CNN, Billy Bob fined 1000.00 by the FAA. He was flying responsibly and within the AMA safety code (read doing nothing wrong) but he didn't fill out an online form. Apparently the FAA has nothing more important to do than harass Billy Bob, who was flying safely, about an online form".

My bad, I thought they were doing this in the name of NAS safety and not to harass law abiding citizens.
Sadly my Friend , the news media don't see us that way . They see us as a bunch of weird rich old guys playing with toys , and they just love having a "bad guy" to sensationalize and draw viewers . You'd never be portrayed as "Mr. upstanding citizen" , that's for sure , more like the "affluenza oldster" for maximum hate churning , so called "ratings gold" ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.