Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

2 blade to 3 blade

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:42 AM
340cudaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 blade to 3 blade

I have the fun cub. I wish to use a 3 blade instead of 2. I like the extra thrust and ground clearance vs a 2 blade. I have a 10-7 3 blade master airscrew, phoenix 50 edge 50a 34v esc, himax brushless outrunner HC3516-1130 and will be using a flightPower li-po 3s 11.1v 25c 24w battery.
Will the 10-7 work with this set-up or will I nedd to use a different prop? I purchased the plane in kit form and is almost completed, so I haven't tested any props yet. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Quorneng

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

340cudaman
For a given current draw and pich you will obtain the highest thrust from a 2 blade.
The 3 blade will have a smaller diameter but will draw more current to achieve the same thrust and pitch.
My advice would be to use the recommended 2 blade prop first then you will have something to compare the performance of the 3 blade against.