Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA says, "Wait to register"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 04:50 PM
CESSNA 421
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering how many people that registered early have received their $5.00 fee refund. I registered on December 21, 2015 and have not received my refund. On January 21, 2016 I am going to dispute my transaction with my credit card company for non performance by the FAA for not refunding my registration fee..
Old 01-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
I was wondering how many people that registered early have received their $5.00 fee refund. I registered on December 21, 2015 and have not received my refund. On January 21, 2016 I am going to dispute my transaction with my credit card company for non performance by the FAA for not refunding my registration fee..
I registered on the 21st December and received the refund on the 11th January.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:46 PM
hawkerone
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by HoundDog
I fly with a Retired Sheriffs Lieutenant and a current Sheriffs deputy. Both say they don't have time to bother with TOY Drones unless some one Uses one to rob a bank, 7-11 or do a drive by Murder.

I would think this is probably the case depending largely where you are. The problem will be when someone crashes into a car or heaven forbid into a person, or someone calls in a noise complaint and a officer is dispatched to take a report. The LEO is instructed then to check for the registration(s) and if missing, call the info into the FAA 24 hr/7 day per week hotline. Go to the FAA.Gov site and hit the LEO tab to read about how this will all pan out. So you're probably safe as long as nothing happens to draw attention to yourself. 'Do you feel lucky? Do you?' (Dirty Harry)
Old 01-15-2016, 05:59 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=CESSNA 421;12162511]I was wondering how many people that registered early have received their $5.00 fee refund. I registered on December 21, 2015 and have not received my refund. On January 21, 2016 I am going to dispute my transaction with my credit card company for non performance by the FAA for not refunding my registration fee..[/QUOTE

I also registered on the 21st and I received my refund last week, I think you will receive your refund.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by hawkerone
I would think this is probably the case depending largely where you are. The problem will be when someone crashes into a car or heaven forbid into a person, or someone calls in a noise complaint and a officer is dispatched to take a report. The LEO is instructed then to check for the registration(s) and if missing, call the info into the FAA 24 hr/7 day per week hotline. Go to the FAA.Gov site and hit the LEO tab to read about how this will all pan out. So you're probably safe as long as nothing happens to draw attention to yourself. 'Do you feel lucky? Do you?' (Dirty Harry)
Here is the direct link

http://www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforcement/

and the LEO guidance sheet.

http://www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforceme...dance_card.pdf
Old 01-15-2016, 06:31 PM
jmiles1941

I registered 21 dec got mine back last week
Old 01-15-2016, 08:16 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I registered on the 23rd and got it back 2 days ago.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:45 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by jmiles1941
well they will be breaking the law "no one is above the law"
Wow you live where your LLE has everything so in check that they devote officers to check model aviators "papers"? I had no idea this place existed. The LLE I know and visited with informed me they don't have the time or manpower for this. Now if there's a "issue" of course they would investigate.

Mike
Old 01-16-2016, 06:29 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Wow you live where your LLE has everything so in check that they devote officers to check model aviators "papers"? I had no idea this place existed. The LLE I know and visited with informed me they don't have the time or manpower for this. Now if there's a "issue" of course they would investigate.

Mike
Same here, our LLE cannot even do what they already have on the plate, so RC planes are the least of their worries.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:36 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Probably a dumb question about registering...........................I have many planes & have been flying for years. I am up in the frozen North & won't be flying until late April or early May. Is there any reason to register with the FAA before the above flying time other than getting my $5.00 back? Because of not flying until much later than Feb 19th I would have no reason to register until later. Correct? Yes? No? Am I missing something? Maybe wait until later in case of the possible changes coming like using my AMA number?

Sorry if this has been addressed before & I am just brain dead & missed it.................Tcat
Old 01-16-2016, 06:41 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Tcat1000
Probably a dumb question about registering...........................I have many planes & have been flying for years. I am up in the frozen North & won't be flying until late April or early May. Is there any reason to register with the FAA before the above flying time other than getting my $5.00 back? Because of not flying until much later than Feb 19th I would have no reason to register until later. Correct? Yes? No? Am I missing something? Maybe wait until later in case of the possible changes coming like using my AMA number?

Sorry if this has been addressed before & I am just brain dead & missed it.................Tcat
You are correct, no need to register until you are ready to fly again. (Except for the $5 refund which ends in 4 days)
Old 01-16-2016, 06:49 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by HoundDog
I fly with a Retired Sheriffs Lieutenant and a current Sheriffs deputy. Both say they don't have time to bother with TOY Drones unless some one Uses one to rob a bank, 7-11 or do a drive by Murder.
Originally Posted by jmiles1941
well they will be breaking the law "no one is above the law"
Did U read my statement? Geese I can explain it to U but I can't make U Understand it.

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-16-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:57 AM
HoundDog

I was wondering how many people that registered early have received their $5.00 fee refund. I registered on December 21, 2015 and have not received my refund. On January 21, 2016 I am going to dispute my transaction with my credit card company for non performance by the FAA for not refunding my registration fee.
Reg on 12/21/15 got refund on 1/8/16
Old 01-16-2016, 07:09 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by hawkerone

Did all that now which one ... PLZ Provide a URL so There is NO misunderstand PLZ.
NOW WHERE?

[h=1]Search Results[/h]
Search
Results 1–10 of about 4220
Law Enforcement Resources
www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforcement/
... Resources. Law Enforcement Resources. ... Law Enforcement Engagement with Suspected Unauthorized UAS Operations. There ...

Law Enforcement Assistance Program (LEAP)
www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_program...
... Law Enforcement Assistance Program (LEAP). ... Law Enforcement Assistance Program (LEAP). Security. Offices; Partnerships; Key Officials. ...

Charitable Donation - (2010) Legal Interpretation (PDF)
www.faa.gov/.../data/interps/2010/charitable%20donation%20-%20(20...Similar Results
... in the DuPage County Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) and contains an analysis by FSDO personnel of certain law enforcement operations. ...

LAW ENFORCEMENT GUIDANCE FOR SUSPECTED ... (PDF)
www.faa.gov/uas/regulations_policies/media/faa_uas-po_lea_guidanc...
Page 1. 1 LAW ENFORCEMENT GUIDANCE FOR SUSPECTED UNAUTHORIZED UAS OPERATIONS Issue There is evidence ...

1600.29C - Law Enforcement Alert Message System ...
www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/orders_notices/index.cfm/go/docu...
FAA Home ▸ Regulations & Policies ▸ Orders & Notices. 1600.29C - Law Enforcement Alert Message System. Document Information. ...

SW 1600.32D - Cooperation with Law EnforcementAgencies ...
www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/orders_notices/index.cfm/go/docu...Similar Results
... SW 1600.32D - Cooperation with Law EnforcementAgencies. ... SW 1600.32C, Cooperation with Law Enforcement Agencies, 12/18/2006. ...

LEO Guidance for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)(PDF)
www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforcement/media/leo_guidance_card.pdf
... contact the Regional Operations Center (see below) ▪ Investigation support – contact an FAA Law EnforcementAssistanceProgram (LEAP) Special ...

UAS Enforcement Q&A Q: How will the FAA become aware of ... (PDF)
www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforcement/media/uas-enforcement-faqs.pdfSimilar Results
... ASH Special Agents may receive information from law enforcement relating to unauthorized and/or unsafe operation of sUAS which will be shared ...

FAA Issues UAS Guidance for Law Enforcement
www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsid=81244
... Updates. FAA Issues UAS Guidance for Law Enforcement. ... So, the agency is asking the law enforcement community for help. The ...

FAA Order 2150.3B Change 6 - Compliance andEnforcement ... (PDF)
www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/order/2150.3b_chg_6_.pdf
... administrative actions. • Any coordination involving law enforcement organizations will be accomplished in accordance ...

Search

Old 01-16-2016, 07:18 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

If you were going to use it to rob a bank,shoot someone,or run into an A/C why would you register?
One day there might be someone in the govenrment that has enough common sense to figure that out.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:38 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by dirtybird
If you were going to use it to rob a bank,shoot someone,or run into an A/C why would you register?
One day there might be someone in the govenrment that has enough common sense to figure that out.
U give Government PEOPLE Way too much credit, that's why they got the Job in the first place they are... Well lets say "Well Suited For the Job"
Old 01-16-2016, 07:41 AM
HoundDog

Well Sports Fans It's 8:41 SMT and I goto SSS and head out to the Sun Valley Fliers War Bird Fly in. U all have fun now U here.
Sorry Crispy I just couldn't help my self LOL

Old 01-16-2016, 08:09 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Ken,, can we move this to the AMA section now??
Old 01-16-2016, 06:19 PM
franklin_m

I registered on 21 December, received refund on 8 January.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:38 AM
hawkerone
My Feedback: (11)

I registered on Dec 21st and received the refund on Jan 11th. (two holidays in there) What's the big worry anyway? Somebody afraid they're not going to get their $5 back?
Old 01-17-2016, 01:04 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

you know how frugal we can be.........
Old 01-18-2016, 09:58 AM
br549-2

Reg 1/13/16 refunded 1/14/16.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:47 AM
topspin

I am really beginning to get pissed off at the AMA. Our field is still closed and there has been no action by them and no resolution of the NCR no fly zone ruling that includes model aircraft. I recently bought an Eflite UMX PT-17 thinking that because it is under the .55 lb weight limit it would be OK to fly, it is not. I live exactly 29.9 NM from Regan National airport and yet my tiny little biplane is considered a threat.

That is so imbecilic it hurts my head to even think about it. I have to wonder about the idiots who are pressing this rule. So if anyone connected with the AMA happens to be reading this I urge you to take some action to end this stupidity because that's what it is plain and simple.

Anyone please name one other country that has implemented a more stupid set of rules than the FAA.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:19 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by topspin
I am really beginning to get pissed off at the AMA. Our field is still closed and there has been no action by them and no resolution of the NCR no fly zone ruling that includes model aircraft. I recently bought an Eflite UMX PT-17 thinking that because it is under the .55 lb weight limit it would be OK to fly, it is not. I live exactly 29.9 NM from Regan National airport and yet my tiny little biplane is considered a threat.

That is so imbecilic it hurts my head to even think about it. I have to wonder about the idiots who are pressing this rule. So if anyone connected with the AMA happens to be reading this I urge you to take some action to end this stupidity because that's what it is plain and simple.

Anyone please name one other country that has implemented a more stupid set of rules than the FAA.
I wouldn't think twice about flying that plane, but most poeple on here think i'm just a rogue lawbreaker so.........
Old 01-19-2016, 11:54 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by topspin

Unless something has changed I don't think the folks from AMA are on these threads responding. They are however on their own site/thread responding to the questions as much as possible, and of course getting hammered and blamed for things the govt has done. I'll never understand why people think a small non profit group like the AMA can somehow force the Federal Govt to change course with anything they decide to do,and in small time frame as well. It just doesn't happen like that.

DId you read anything on the AMA site about this? Here is a thread from Dec that is constantly updated:

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...-the-d-c-area/

Two recent comments from an AMA spokesperson:

Chad Budreau January 8, 2016 at 14:34
We are making progress. Marke Gibson, the FAA’s senior adviser for UAS integration, yesterday confirmed that this is being investigated and “we are looking at ways to get some relief.” There is a team from District IV that is actively working to find a resolution. We anticipate a solution soon.

Chad Budreau January 11, 2016 at 14:08
We have a team of volunteers, board members, staff, and legal counsel addressing this almost daily with the FAA. The FAA confirmed this is “not permanent” at CES and again indicated this is being reviewed with our help at the AMA Expo.

What specific action would you propose any group take that would result in the FAA reversing course immediately?

I know it sucks not to be able to fly at the fields, but I would not risk being the one to set back any progress made already. Can you fly micros indoor anywhere close by? I recently discovered a few places in CT that focus on indoor free flight and as well indoor micro flight, there has to be some down there no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.