Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HELP!! Would you let your dog chew on a bottle of CA?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HELP!! Would you let your dog chew on a bottle of CA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Mustang51
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Would you let your dog chew on a bottle of CA?

Go to page 29 of the June issue of Model aviation.
Can you believe it? Super Jet has a picture of a dog chewing on a bottle of Ca as their advertisement. When I called SJ to complain, the woman answering the phone was verry nice but pretty oblivious to the fact that her dog could get a hold of a bottle of this stuff when she wasn't around and kill himself. She thinks it's a "cute ad".
Please call and complain to her that what she is doing by encouraging her dog to do this is WRONG.
Lets try to save this dogs life.
1-866-538-4583

I also called the AMA magazine and brought it to their attention stating I thought it was poor taste(no pun intended) to run such an add.
Only animal lovers will appreciate the serious nature of this.

Thanks,
A dog loving, Mustang51
Old 05-22-2006, 04:02 PM
prodigy467

Default RE: HELP!! Would you let your dog chew on a bottle of CA?

My dog has grabbed a CA bottle once and it scared the crap out of me that she would bite through it before I got it away from her.

There is definitely some moron out there that will assume it's dog safe by looking at an ad like that. And you're right...anyone who owns a dog knows if you let them do something once for fun, they will do it again because they think they are allowed.

Now, if I could just stop my dog from running away with balsa scraps on the floor I'd be good.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:50 AM
Dr1Driver

I'll have to look at this one. Unbelievable!!! My wife and I are both dogowners and animal lovers. NO pets are ever allowed in my shop, and all my glues are safely out of reach. However, an accident could easily happen. If this add depicts what you say, and if the attitude of the lady on the phone was what you say, then it's a deplorable situation.

Dr.1
Old 05-23-2006, 07:50 AM
FOD MAN

well it would save on dog food.i have more important things to do in life than worry about this. besides how many dog's read MA anyway.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Dr1Driver

i have more important things to do in life than worry about this.

OK, hot shot. It may not be important to you, but I guarantee it IS important to your pet (hopefully you don't own any). If you do, I feel sorry for it.

Dr.1
Old 05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

I've raised and owned dogs all my life, trained more of them than I can count, and have something on the order of 30 animals living in my house as we speak (hundreds more if we count the corals). I ADORE animals of all shapes and sizes.

And ya know what? I thought it was a pretty cute add too.

*shrug*
Old 05-23-2006, 10:08 AM
FOD MAN

it is the pet owner's responsibility to keep such things from happening. just because of this photo do you you actually believe that we are going to have a flood of pets with their mouths stuck shut. i dont think so. when was the last time you heard of this happening to a dog. the odd's of this happening is way too low for me to worry about. yes i have dogs and they are trained to chew on people not plastic bottles. but if they did i bet they would not do it again and consider it a learning experience.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:33 AM
DCM

ORIGINAL: Mustang51

Can you believe it? Super Jet has a picture of a dog chewing on a bottle of Ca as their advertisement. When I called SJ to complain, the woman answering the phone was verry nice but pretty oblivious to the fact that her dog could get a hold of a bottle of this stuff when she wasn't around and kill himself. She thinks it's a "cute ad".
Please call and complain to her that what she is doing by encouraging her dog to do this is WRONG.
1-866-538-4583

I also called the AMA magazine and brought it to their attention stating I thought it was poor taste(no pun intended) to run such an add.

Thanks,
A dog loving, Mustang51

Yea, we wouldn't want the dog to get any ideas while reading the Model Aviation.

David Hudson

Old 05-23-2006, 12:51 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder if I can teach my wife that trick
Old 05-23-2006, 01:11 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

oH MY GAWD...QUICK...SOMEBODY CALL PETA. Perhaps we can get Gweneth Paltrow to go stand naked in front of the AMA MA building with a t-shirt that reads "Id rather go naked than use Cyanoacrylate" like she did for the Furriers.

Im just sitting here ROFLMAO at the thought of a dog with a CA bottle stuck to his nose, and his mouth glued shut. PFFFFFFTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

In all seriousness, I love animals, but honestly...who's gonna give their dog a CA bottle as a chew toy, and there aren't any dogs I know that can read MA.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:41 PM
bentgear

Cute advertisement. Thats it. Cute. Caught your eye. Anyone that thinks CA would make a good chew toy for their pet after seeing the cute advertisement does not need CA around the house anyway. They have much bigger problems than worrying about their pet reading the mag and getting ideas.

Ed M.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Mustang51

Some of you people are absolute Jack A****! Honestly, I've never seen a bigger bunch of IDIOTS!
Talk about swiming in the shallow end of the gene pool.
You have hundreds of animals(gboulton)? 30 of which are in your home? I bet your house smells real nice, and they're ALL well cared for.
Fodman, this is not about dogs reading a magazine and having hundreds of dogs with their mouth stuck shut, although I wish you would suck on a bottle of ca. This is about one dog... the Collie in the ad. You need some help with your reading comprehension skills. Oh, and dog training skills as well, because you're supposed to train a dog to chew on their toys, NOT PEOPLE.
As for the rest of you brain surgeons... It's also NOT about YOU GIVING your dog a bottle of ca to chew on, or a dog reading a magazine. It's about proper training of(and caring for) your pet. Your dog is going to get the bottle of ca when your NOT AROUND.
GET IT?????[>:]
I'm not looking for confrontation from any one here. This is about raising our (particularly this womans) awareness. You have something pertinete to add? Please do so. Otherwise, do us all a favor and keep quiet.

DR1

-M51
Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Mustang51

Ya know???
I went back and re-read my original post.
For the life of me, I can not understand how anyone that can read, twisted this out of context and content.[sm=tired.gif]
Brain surgeons...Absolute brain surgeons.

-M51
Old 05-24-2006, 04:34 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think it was twisted out of context, I think they were making fun. Oh and by the way, degrading folks is not the best way to get support for anything. All you have done is shown a tender spot for them to poke with their flaming arrows.
Would you rather it be a small child with the bottle in it's mouth?
Ever seen those TV commercials where the cat "runs" on the toilet paper roll, unwinding it? I read a snippet once and guess what, the cat doesn't do that normally, it was a "special trick" they got it to do on command. The cat had better things to do when it wasn't on camera. I'll just bet that that dog can find tastier treats to chew on than a bottle of CA, and holding it in it's mouth for a few photos probably did not "teach it" to go looking for more bottles to chew on!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 AM
Mustang51

Cats are not dogs, and running on a roll of toilet paper is hardly life threatening. Cats don't chew on toys the way a dog will chew a toy to pieces. Who ever said a dog had a fine culinary pallet? Dogs drink out of the toilet and will eat their own shi*.
"Would you rather it be a small child with the bottle in it's mouth? "
Are you serious? Tell me your not serious. Please tell me your yanking my chain.

I've wasted enough time dealing with dopes.
Please everyone... don't do a thing. I'll just hope that the Collie will make it through it's hopefully long, hopefully injury free life despite the fact his\her owner is in an amazingly large group of clue-less dummies.

-M51

ORIGINAL: CHassan

I don't think it was twisted out of context, I think they were making fun. Oh and by the way, degrading folks is not the best way to get support for anything. All you have done is shown a tender spot for them to poke with their flaming arrows.
Would you rather it be a small child with the bottle in it's mouth?
Ever seen those TV commercials where the cat "runs" on the toilet paper roll, unwinding it? I read a snippet once and guess what, the cat doesn't do that normally, it was a "special trick" they got it to do on command. The cat had better things to do when it wasn't on camera. I'll just bet that that dog can find tastier treats to chew on than a bottle of CA, and holding it in it's mouth for a few photos probably did not "teach it" to go looking for more bottles to chew on!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:18 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, I actually saw the ad last night, and I have to agree that it is in poor judgement. It looks like one of those cases where someone wanted to show off their Collie (Kind of like those horrible TV ads where the store owner holds his ugly grandchild throughout the commercial and then has them say something cute at the end)

In any case, to me it does look a little inappropriate, but I'm not going to run to the phone to call PETA
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 AM
bentgear

Mustang51, it seems a couple of your posts have vanished, or I dreamed reading them, maybe both. When I logged back in to reply they are gone. One suggestion that would help to clear things up, change the title to HELP!! Would you TRAIN your dog to chew on a bottle of CA? I think the title of the thread shifted the bulk of the message and caused some of the replies you are getting.

Ed M.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Mustang51

Yes Ed some of my posts did disapear. I was a little hot about some folks reading comprehension skills. I don't think the title was misleading but I appreciate your concern.
I think my original post was quite clear, concise, and to the point. Often times in these forums, Guys either fail to read the original post, or they have trouble understanding the written word and they have no idea what is being discussed.
Case and point:
Fodman wrote;
"well it would save on dog food.i have more important things to do in life than worry about this. besides how many dog's read MA anyway."
Along with this nonsense;
"it is the pet owner's responsibility to keep such things from happening. just because of this photo do you you actually believe that we are going to have a flood of pets with their mouths stuck shut. i dont think so. when was the last time you heard of this happening to a dog. the odd's of this happening is way too low for me to worry about. yes i have dogs and they are trained to chew on people not plastic bottles. but if they did i bet they would not do it again and consider it a learning experience."

and Gboulton wrote;
I've raised and owned dogs all my life, trained more of them than I can count, and have something on the order of 30 animals living in my house as we speak (hundreds more if we count the corals). I ADORE animals of all shapes and sizes.

And ya know what? I thought it was a pretty cute add too.

DCM wrote;
Yea, we wouldn't want the dog to get any ideas while reading the Model Aviation
And last but certainly not least, we have bdavison who wrote;

oH MY GAWD...QUICK...SOMEBODY CALL PETA. Perhaps we can get Gweneth Paltrow to go stand naked in front of the AMA MA building with a t-shirt that reads "Id rather go naked than use Cyanoacrylate" like she did for the Furriers.

Im just sitting here ROFLMAO at the thought of a dog with a CA bottle stuck to his nose, and his mouth glued shut. PFFFFFFTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

In all seriousness, I love animals, but honestly...who's gonna give their dog a CA bottle as a chew toy, and there aren't any dogs I know that can read MA.

This is not about dogs reading magazines, or tasty treats.
It's about being a responsible pet owner and properly caring for,and training your dog.
It's a safety issue, and you owe it to your pet to protect it from this type of stuff. They're dogs, they don't know any better. They don't know that what they are chewing on is going to hurt them. All you have to do is stick something in a dogs mouth once and it tells them that it's OK to chew on it. WHETHER YOUR WITH THEM OR NOT.

-M51

Old 05-24-2006, 11:24 AM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1-866-538-4583

Thanks,
A dog loving, Mustang51

I'm with you. I came home from work the other day and found my dog browsing through my latest MA while laying on his back grooming himself. I was so mad at him. I have told him many times that those are my magazines and he is not allowed to read them. I can certainly see how dogs can make a connection to a picture in a magazine to real life. Not too long ago I also caught him stealing my gallon jugs of Cool Power and trying to start the engine on one of my planes. I mean come on, get a life dude. It's a freakin ad. Dogs don't read the freakin mags and can't and won't have any REASON or CAUSE to connect the two dots. GET A LIFE. Did you also report this to the police so they can take action? The PETA would also love to hear about this. Are there really that many idiots in this hobby? Have you ever seen a dog hold a cracker without breaking it? I personally can show you a pic of my sisters dog holding TWO pringles like a ducks beak in its mouth without them being broken. What a worthless thread..............am I done yet?????
Old 05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
DCM

PETA...............People eating tasty animals. No really if we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made out of meat.

David Hudson
www.dcmodelshop.com
Old 05-24-2006, 11:34 AM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: DCM

PETA...............People eating tasty animals. No really if we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made out of meat.

David Hudson
www.dcmodelshop.com

Here, Here!!

I've got over 80 pounds of Weimaraner at home right now. Want to come over for a cookout?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Mustang51

"Am I done yet?"
Wish you never started...
Another one who has no reading comprehension skills.

-M51

ORIGINAL: ama234

1-866-538-4583

Thanks,
A dog loving, Mustang51

I'm with you. I came home from work the other day and found my dog browsing through my latest MA while laying on his back grooming himself. I was so mad at him. I have told him many times that those are my magazines and he is not allowed to read them. I can certainly see how dogs can make a connection to a picture in a magazine to real life. Not too long ago I also caught him stealing my gallon jugs of Cool Power and trying to start the engine on one of my planes. I mean come on, get a life dude. It's a freakin ad. Dogs don't read the freakin mags and can't and won't have any REASON or CAUSE to connect the two dots. GET A LIFE. Did you also report this to the police so they can take action? The PETA would also love to hear about this. Are there really that many idiots in this hobby? Have you ever seen a dog hold a cracker without breaking it? I personally can show you a pic of my sisters dog holding TWO pringles like a ducks beak in its mouth without them being broken. What a worthless thread..............am I done yet?????
Old 05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Dr1Driver

OK, Moderators, delete this one if you want to.

You people are being deliberately obtuse (look it up). The point is NOT whether the dog gets to read MA. The point is most dogs WILL chew on just about anything they can fit in their mouths. They WILL take things off a table or shelf, and WILL chew it up. Why don't you peole try to think just a little beyond the moment, huh? Just for once? OK, cute dog chewing on bottle of CA with a cute caption that I'm sure Jet paid some shyster add exec a hefty sum to come up with. Take it a step further - what if it really happens! How many stories have we already heard in here about pets doing damage to planes, equipment, or supplies in our shops because we were stupid enough to allow access.

It's NOT funny or cute, it's sick. Kinda reminds me of the "cruelity jokes" that went around in my high school. "What do you do when an epileptic has a fit in your bathtub? Thow in the laundry and some soap." We all thought those were funny, too - when we were 13. Real funny, unless you have a friend who has seizures. BTW, I've had a hypoglycemic seizure. I can assure you, not a damn thing funny about it. Humor like this ad amuses only congenital idiots and little children.

Dr.1
Old 05-24-2006, 12:54 PM
AMA234

I think that the ad is being blown way out of proportion. My guess is that they shot the pic with an empty bottle and besides maybe the makers of CA should also put a disclaimer on the bottle that reads: "Do not use in a garage while working barefoot". Remember the guy in the safety column that got his feet stuck to the floor with thin CA? I just think you dog lovers have gone a bit too far with this.
BTW, is this funny?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97138.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	465957  
Old 05-24-2006, 01:22 PM
AMA234

OKAY. I wish to recant everything I said previously. I just got home and saw my dog on my workbench. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was looking for a bottle of CA like he saw in the magazine. I can't believe it! And I thought this was all just a big to do about nothing. Man was I wrong! I'm calling PETA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.