Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

I just thought it was funny because a Nitro heli doesn't need an ESC or motor. Maybe they use that section for the G5 and 550 also.

Hope you have good weather to test the new pinion.

It is really nice here today. I flew the 450 on my lunch break and I wasn't used to how touchy it is compared to my 600. I tried flying with my two old FP batteries and one couldn't even lift the heli off the ground and one only lasted 20 seconds and both were fully charged. Now I only have one good battery left and it is getting a little weak.

Nick
Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

I just thought it was funny because a Nitro heli doesn't need an ESC or motor. Maybe they use that section for the G5 and 550 also.

Hope you have good weather to test the new pinion.

It is really nice here today. I flew the 450 on my lunch break and I wasn't used to how touchy it is compared to my 600. I tried flying with my two old FP batteries and one couldn't even lift the heli off the ground and one only lasted 20 seconds and both were fully charged. Now I only have one good battery left and it is getting a little weak.

Nick
Nick,
Enjoy the nice weather there as I dont think you'll have it very long at this time of the year. Kind neat you can sneak off like Glenn and fly are break or lunh time. Bed new on the batteries though.

I am leaving for the Park in 15 mins, I'll send you a note from the filed and tell you what happend.

JPEE
Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
JPEE

Nick,
I just did a five min pack in normal flying slow and orbiting around the park. The bec and the thottle controll were both 85 and the motor was 90 to 99 depending on where I held the laser. No real room for stunt mode so I am happy with the eleven tooth and.....she spikes without a wine too!

JPEE

After all, whay was there but to test the heli so I waited until the Park was empty and did a Flight two in "idel-up" for 4 minuites and it went well. Yes there some is some wine in the motor but not near what it was. She pulled back flips without a problem.
The motor was 140 degrees
The BEC 135
The throttle-motor control was 105....very cool.

There are some other things I can do too after sitting here and ah-thunking about it LOL. I could take back some of the pos/neg 12 degree pitch, less air asked for, the faster the head speed "should" stay.

JPEE
Old 10-19-2009, 05:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, it's been an interesting day....was kinda nice today at lunch, but breezy, so I took the freshly rebuilt B400 out for a spin...and it did very well! I had to do alot of trimming, and dialing in of the tail with the GY401, but after the first pack I had it down pretty close, and finished tweaking everything on the second pack.

Nice and smooth, did some idle up flying, and so far, so good, no bent mainshaft, even with the CNC head...flies great...

Then I left work early, and figured I could hit the baseball field before the kiddies arrived for practice at 6PM...hmmmm, I had already used my Rhino 1750's at lunch, so I saw my old faithful Eflite 1800's from the early days, they were getting lame last time out, so I figured what the heck, a little lower head speed might be fun...

Nick, it sounds like a carbon copy of your batteries...lol...I took off with the first pack, got about 4 feet off the ground, and it started losing altitude...total flight time, about 25 seconds.. then, the next pack....it fared a bit better, lasted about 30 seconds...and I had "peaked" both packs on the charger before I left...

Oh well, those are packs I no doubt over discharged in the early days, and I'm sure they spent last winter fully charged in storage, before I knew any better. Heck, I'll bet one of them was the original B400 battery!

Now, I have to fess up....and appologize for putting Align electronics down...I found the issue with the 450 Pro...with the not powering up going on...and traced it to the solder joint on the ESC positive wire. I was looking at it, and plugged the battery in, and again had nothing powered up at all, so I took the RX out to check for power there, and there was none on the throttle wire from the ESC...then I back probed the ESC power wire, and saw the spark/arc happen...

Strange, the solder joint appears good...looks like it lost adhesion to the actual EC3 pin....rather than to the wire. I must not have had enough heat on the EC3 pin itself, and had a cold joint there. Live and learn I guess. It has been working fine for quite some time, I guess it had to have some vibration or age to act up. That's the first solder joint I have had fail on any of my helis. I got lucky that it didn't fail in mid flight, THAT would have been ugly...[X(]

Anyways, I'm going to see if my LHS has any real Eflite EC3 connectors...those were the cheapies from Hobby City....they sure look identical to the Eflite ones, but I'd feel better, just to be sure that it's not something with the composition of those connectors, or maybe a coating they have on them, etc. Not saying they were the issue, but they sure are dirt cheap compared to the actual Eflite ones, which I have never had an issue with...

So, really, overall, it's been a very good heli day....especially considering it's MONDAY...

Glenn
Old 10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear the electronic temps are lower.

Nick
Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
JPEE

Thanks Nick!
Hows the new heli coming today? What progress have you made?

Glenn,
Glad you had a good day with the 400. I was affirad that thing just might push you over the edge one day and you'd slam her down on the concrete[8D] But over all you had good day, glad for ya man, glad for ya.

JPEE

Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

There really isn't much left to do on the Velocity. I loc tited all the screws last night and I replaced some button head screws that I stripped the head with some cap head screws. I just need to install a throttle servo and secure the muffler and it is ready to go. I got a call from my flying friend and he is going to give me one of his old starters, starter shaft, and battery.

Nick
Old 10-19-2009, 07:10 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

There really isn't much left to do on the Velocity. I loc tited all the screws last night and I replaced some button head screws that I stripped the head with some cap head screws. I just need to install a throttle servo and secure the muffler and it is ready to go. I got a call from my flying friend and he is going to give me one of his old starters, starter shaft, and battery.

Nick
DANG Nick, you have had some great luck! battery, starter, and shaft................man alive.........go buy a lottery tick ASAP!

Ok...enough joking now. You must be getting pretty excited now hey? She is nearly all together so your smokin and ready to go.

JPEE
Old 10-19-2009, 07:22 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys

long time no talk

new job has me sleeping all the time now

lotssss of traveling

how is everyone?

I see someone got a nitro

Been flying my plane alittle, had a bad crash with my honeybee king 2 this weekend, servo's all gone and tail boom was like bent in half

Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah I am excited. It is hard to look at it knowing I don't have the parts to fly it yet.

Helistyle,

Sorry to hear about HBK2.

Nick
Old 10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
JPEE

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ heli, thats sounds bad! Are you rebuilding or moving one to another heli?

JPEE
Old 10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
HeliStyle

lol it was bad, already ordered the parts, going to be rebuilding it. I really only have saturdays off, so things have been slow with helicopters for me now, with this new job :/
Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Glad to hear from ya, was thinking about you earlier, actually, how it's been a while....we lost a couple of guys, haven't seen ole' Carljw in a long time, and Evan checks in once in a blue moon....we had a new guy, Mark, but he's been MIA lately...lol...

I guess it's good that you are working alot, you say you are traveling? Just don't work too much....sorry to hear about the HBK2 crash, sounds like it was pretty grim...[&o] Hope you can get it rebuilt soon.

Nick,

Cool on the free stuff...can't beat that....

Now all you should need is a fuel pump, Ni-starter, some fuel line, fuel, and maybe some spare glow plugs...oh, and a can of patience...LOL...

Did you ever decide on the remote glow plug extension?

Yeah, the manual thing was funny, I guess a misprint from the electrics....

I got some new Eflite EC3's, and did a super solid solder connection on them, so I should be good now for the 450 Pro.

Speaking of which, they just added one on Phoenix!

Did anyone else get the Realflight email about RF 5??

Sounds pretty cool...dogfights, 32 pilot multi player, better chat, etc, etc....

Glenn

Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think I am going to pass on the glow plug extension for now. It wouldn't be that hard to install it later, so I will see how hard it is first without one.

The Phoenix people are sure busy little workers.

I didn't get that email, but my computer has a hard enough time flying the helis on G4 as it is.

Nick
Old 10-20-2009, 05:55 PM
evdreamer

I just got my first gallon of Nitro fuel. It was $35 for 30%. Then I got depressed looking at how much cheaper airplane fuel is. The rest of the parts that I need are on their way. I hope to finish it Thursday or Friday. I decided to get a governor, since I didn't have the expenses of the starting equipment.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
JPEE

Nick,

OUCH!

But look at the fun you are gonna have my friend. I hope the parts arrvie on time for you, my best to you on thenew project!

JPEE
Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 PM
HeliStyle

Yeah, I wish I could come on here more often, most of the time like right now, I am posting on my company pda. I took a spot for home depot as a merch executive / vendor rep, I have to travel alot now. About 4 hours of car travel a day.

I crashed that honeybee king 2 pretty bad, all servos need to be replaced, boom, landing skids, main shaft, feathering shaft, flybar, wasn't to fun at all.

I did fly my plane today, changed out my prop to a gws 5043, this thing has sooo much more speed now, I luv it

This thread deff is alot less active nowadays :/
Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
JPEE

Heli,

I think you right the thread has slowed down a bit but there is so much more building than before which takes time and this time of the year, Nick, Glenn , Jeff are all hampered by weather too dont forget. Like someone mentioned above we have lost several guys that were regulars, I guess they were not "main lining" like the rst of us with this addiction LMAO.

The new job sounds pretty snazzy my youg friend, good for you! with the exception of the car time yuck! It will come to you in time, if you have put up with some discomfort now it will all be worth it n the long run..........take it from an "old stick" LOL

Guys,
I was "ah" doing some cyphering of numbers today and since I started keeping track of flights and battery charger from the tail end of 2008 here are my totals!

400-1=396 flights

400-2=187

500=66

600=39

T-28 plane 161

TOTAL FLIGHTS OF THESE PLANES AND HELI IS, THAT I LOGGED 849

and 469 battery charges that I logged.

JPEE
Old 10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You are catching up to me in number of flights. Do your batteries still have power like they were brand new? You need to get some more flights on your 600.

I was watching some Finless vids on Nitros and he had some cool tips for setting up the transmitter for a governor and shutting off the engine with a switch instead of the throttle trim. I can't wait till this weekend to go flying. I might bring the 450 too.

Nick
Old 10-20-2009, 11:41 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli,

Sounds like a step in the right direction at Home Depot, but I guess the traveling can get to be a drag...I hate driving, dealing with all the idiots on the roads these days, it's crazy around here..

Sorry for the major crash on the HBK2, hope you have the time to rebuild...

Yeah, the thread has slowed down, like JPEE said, weather, people not participating as much or at all, it all adds up...[&o]

JPEE,

Interesting stats....wow, you have probably logged 3 times as many flights as me...I don't keep track, but the only one I might even be close on is the B400, my main one probably has/had 250 or so flights....I'd be willing to bet I have maybe 20 flights total on my 500...so you've logged alot more flights than I have...and it will only increase, given your weather and mine in the coming months...

Nick,

I got lucky, never had the need to buy any fuel for the Raptor, so I didn't have to cringe at the prices...I would have probably run 20% anyways, in that old thing, which is cheaper, as you know...

Cool on the Finless vids...I know nothing of setting up a governor, but I did manage to get the throttle cut button on the DX6i working on the Raptor, nice....just press the button, and it kills the engine....took a bit of doing to get it right, but once I got it, it worked like a champ...

I hope you have great weather for the maiden this weekend!

Glenn
Old 10-21-2009, 07:12 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I might get fuel from Helidirect or Amainhobbies next time. It is about $25/gallon, but you have to buy 4 gallons at a time. I don't want to leave that many cases sitting around during winter, so I will stick with buying from the LHS until spring.

The governor that I got is pretty easy to setup. It comes with a seperate LCD that I can program it with. Then it is like my CC governors in that I can program the headspeed that I want and most other governors are set by travel adjustments and a tachometer. I think I am going to use the throttle hold to set the engine to idle, so I can take off again after an auto. Then use what Finless does and use a throttle to throttle mix to shut the engine off with the gear switch.

The weather is supposed to be decent this weekend.

Nick
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

I wish there was a way for you to get a video of the maiden with the new Outrage nitro... Or in time soon, at least a video... Anxious to see ! [8D]
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds cool on the fuel in quantity...I was going to suggest that, but then I remembered that when we ordered fuel from Horizon at the hobby shop, we had to pay a hefty HAZMAT fee for shipping the fuel...I don't know how that works with Helidirect, or how they handle it, but it's definitely considered a hazardous material... Special warnings and caution labels all over the boxes...[X(]

Sounds like a plan on the governor, and radio settings....can't go wrong with Finless's suggestions, for sure. On the DX6i, it was cool because (not sure if the DX7 has one?) it has a throttle cut button, completely independent of the throttle hold switch. You have to actually push and hold the throttle cut button, and it causes the servo to go to zero throttle angle, shutting the engine off....I still also had throttle hold, with the normal thro hold switch...

Glad to hear your governor is easy to setup, about all I know is the breif article in RC Heli...and glueing the magnets to the flywheel/clutch bell, and setting up the actual sensor...

Keep us posted!!

Glenn
Old 10-21-2009, 11:03 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

The maiden would be pretty boring because it would be mostly hovering, while the engine is breaking in.

Glenn,

Right now Helidirect is paying the Hazmat fee and I think the shipping for the fuel, since it is a new Outrage fuel. The guy I fly with gets fuel in a town 50 miles away for $20/gallon, so I might have him get me some and I would pay him back.

The DX7 doesn't have a throttle cut switch or button.

Nick
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I can't wait for Nicks report this weekend on his maiden, man I wished I could be there.

JPEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.