Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Guys please help with this pleaseeeeeee

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Guys please help with this pleaseeeeeee

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Jo1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys please help with this pleaseeeeeee

Oh Man

Just got the savage 4.6 and thought i would upgrade the remote to the DX3E and well now the whole thing is messed up

I knew i should have left it i took the old receiver off and took out all the wires and none of them fit into the new receiver the ends of the plugs that went into the old receiver do not fit into the new one they are slightly bigger......

I will now have to pay a shop to sort it out because i have taken them all out and don’t know where they go..... plus none of them fit into the new receiver not even the failsafe

dam only just got the thing not even had a chance to try it yet.... now it will be sometime before i can take it to a shop unless one of you nice guys can walk me step by step through this whole thing if i take pictures of everything
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Guys please help with this pleaseeeeeee

Do you have the Owner's Manual? It shows how to hook up the stock system. You can then use it until you figure out what's up with the connectors.

By the way, are they really too big, or is it just a little "tang" on the servo connectors that wont' allow fitment into the receiver?
Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Ok, you sound like you're new to the hobby. It's not all that complicated. Your Steering servo wire goes into Channel 1. Your Throttle servo plugs into Ch. 2, and if you have a 3rd servo or accessory, it'll go into Ch. 3 on your receiver.

Just go back to your stock radio, turn it on. Plug your old receiver back into the truck like I advised above, and turn it on. Don't run your truck's engine, obviously. Now test your trigger, and steering and make sure the correct servo moves.

If it's too confusing, plug the steering servo by itself into the receiver's slots, and test your steering to see if it works when you turn the radio's wheel. If the servo is plugged into the correct slot (channel) on the receiver, it should steer. Leave the steering plugged in and move onto the throttle servo, and test it with the trigger to make sure it works in the correct slot. So on and so forth.

Let this be a lesson. Don't just blindly pull wires out without understanding where they go first. And if you are upgrading to a DX radio, at least know what the wires plug into and what they do.

Most likely assuming all your equipment uses 3 wire servo plugs, your connectors need to be trimmed a little to allow them to slip into the new receiver's slots.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Jo1234

Thanks for the reply

No i don’t have the manual as i just brought the car 2nd hand i was going to take it out today for a little go but no i had to buy the dx3e and now its messed up

No it’s very small i could get some sandpaper and rub it down a bit do you think that would be ok and then it would fit

I am also unsure to what goes into AUX it says in the manual for the DX3E that the bottom is for the bind plug but then some where else in the manual it shows that’s where the battery pack gets plugged into

Am i correct in saying where it says Bind is where the battery pack goes and where it says AUX is where the failsafe goes?

Thanks again
Old 11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Jo1234

Hi Slo-V Flyer

Thank you for your help

Yeah i just got a bit excited that’s all and thought i could just pull out plug in and go

Now my receiver does not have ch1 ch2 like you said

Picture below
Old 11-12-2010, 03:05 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Trim off the "ear" on the leads for your servos and battery holder and such, first thing.
Can't find a good picture, but if you compare your servo's plug to the receiver it should become clear.

After that, plug your steering servo into Channel 1 and throttle to channel 2 and your failsafe accordingly.

If you need any other help, let us know
Old 11-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Snook Man

ORIGINAL: Jo1234

Am i correct in saying where it says Bind is where the battery pack goes and where it says AUX is where the failsafe goes?

Thanks again

The bind port would be where the receiver battery plugs in.
The DX3E has a built in failsafe so you wouldn’t need an add on.
The Aux would be for a transponder or something similar.
You can download the manual here.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdID=SPM3160
Old 11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

From what ThunderbirdJunkie has read and heard from people that own Spektrums, the Spektrum failsafe does not work properly.