Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

*SD-10G Keep Losing Expo*

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *SD-10G Keep Losing Expo*

I have triple rates set up on switch #16, 17, & 18. Sometimes when the plane doesn't seem to fly right I check the expo and it's back to "0" but just on the high rate. What am I not doing correct?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
CustomPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *SD-10G Keep Losing Expo*

I'm not looking at the radio right now, but i think the Expo needs to be set for each "rate"

eg. you can set low rates with 20% expo, mid rates with 30% and high rates with 40%

The expo is not a global setting.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 AM
eajohnson
My Feedback: (1)

I've had the same thing happen and so have others, I'm hoping to hear from Airtronics on this. The r c g r o u p s thread on the SD-10g has a couple recent posts on this issue.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Slats!

(I posted this on RCG). Funny how issues seem to happen all at once LOL.

Well I think I have a slight problem that is occurring.

1st time - I thought I had too many beers on set up.
2nd time - I know I did i but did not say anything

3rd time I need to ask. Have any of you had your EXP and DR settings reset to stock after you have set and flown with them. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere. What happens is it goes back to 100% DR and 0% Exp. Sure makes for an interesting take off.

As I stated it has happened 3 times on two different models. Some info.

-It happened on both FH3 and the FH1
-Two latest models.
-I added C-mixes to both and I am wondering if this has something to do with it. I would watch out if you are adding C-Mixes because it is a common thing between the two models. I did add it to my first model but everything looks fine.

I left the field on Sunday after having to reset the data on the maiden and got out tonight and noticed the issue. Only thing I did was add an ELE to AIL C Mix

-On the last model on the initial set up I did have to reset the data as I did not have 2 wing servos in it but the DR & EXP were adjusted after this.
-I have different DR and EXP on flight modes for various reasons.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Slats!

Have you programmed any C mixes recently? I am 100% sure that this is not a user error in my case. It happened on the weekend after I double checked my plane before set up.

I added C mixes at the field yesterday and then it happened agian.

This is like Y2K coming true on the RC radio front. Everyone seems to be having issue lately. ATX, Hitec, Spektrum.

ORIGINAL: Zippi

I have triple rates set up on switch #16, 17, & 18. Sometimes when the plane doesn't seem to fly right I check the expo and it's back to ''0'' but just on the high rate. What am I not doing correct?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 AM
MikeRuth

ORIGINAL: Slats!

Have you programmed any C mixes recently? I am 100% sure that this is not a user error in my case. It happened on the weekend after I double checked my plane before set up.

I added C mixes at the field yesterday and then it happened agian.

This is like Y2K coming true on the RC radio front. Everyone seems to be having issue lately. ATX, Hitec, Spektrum.

ORIGINAL: Zippi

I have triple rates set up on switch #16, 17, & 18. Sometimes when the plane doesn't seem to fly right I check the expo and it's back to ''0'' but just on the high rate. What am I not doing correct?
Easy Slats(friendly jest), the SD-10G is no ways near the troubles being found on Spektrum and Hi Techs new units.
I caught the posts here and on RCG, looking into it my self as well. If I can duplicate it I to will contact Mike G and advise as well.

Mike R

Old 06-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Slats!

Haha, Trust me I would rather have this then no optikill or f'd up gimbles.......
Old 06-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Pippin

I tried to duplicate it but everything works perfect.

Set tripple rates, expo on three different flight modes and two/three C-Mixes activated Sep/Com (on one and two servo wings).

In your case, are the C-Mixes only activated by SW16 and SW10?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Slats!

Some are common. I am only saying C Mix cus this is the only thing that I changed.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:47 AM
MikeRuth

Haha, Trust me I would rather have this then no optikill or f'd up gimbles.......

+1 BIG TIME

Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 AM
aydin3

If you change the layout (ie delta/2/4 ailerons etc) you will lose all expo and rate information for that model!Iknow done that the other day. I have not seen the problem that you are esxperiencing but just want to be sure you have not changed that area after programming expo etc.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Slats!

I did reset it on the one model but reprogrammed the exp and dr after this. DR and EXP are the last things I do.
ORIGINAL: aydin3

If you change the layout (ie delta/2/4 ailerons etc) you will lose all expo and rate information for that model! I know done that the other day. I have not seen the problem that you are esxperiencing but just want to be sure you have not changed that area after programming expo etc.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not use a "C" mix. This is the second time this has happened to me. I took off my new Additction X and the whole time thinking to myself, "man I just don't have it today for some reason" That's when I started going through my program and found it. It needs to be lockable like the other areas. I hope this doen't develope into another send it back for updating. I already sent this TX back for one update.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:52 PM
MikeRuth

I don't think this is a problem at all, although possibly a addition to the programing later would be possible, by allowing for a COMmon option on Dual rates and Expo.

Personally I like the fact that I can set D/R on any flight mode and any dual rate selection.

Seems as though whats happening is this for example.
You set up a D/R and or a Expo in Normal flight mode and no other flight modes or dual rate setups.
But by default flight modes are programed and dual rate/Expo switches are assigned.
We go to fly with a switch changing a dual rate or flight mode and bam it feels wrong!.

The user needs to either remove the switch assignments or set the rates and expo for the possible options.

MIke R
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Slats!

Go look at the RCG thread. There might be a fix. One person went in and took all the pre programmed switch numbers off the DR switches. It stopped it on his radio.

I have been flying it without issue for a year and then all of a sudden this year bammm issues, both new models. On the models last year I took every switch number off that I was not using (including DR eg AI-D/R2) and no like I said no problems. I did not do it on these models so I am starting to wonder. I am hoping it works.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Pippin

Usually, I set up a new plane in Flight Mode N and then use the Flight Mode copy function for the other Flight Modes.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:27 AM
eajohnson

Go look at the RCG thread. There might be a fix. One person went in and took all the pre programmed switch numbers off the DR switches. It stopped it on his radio.

I have been flying it without issue for a year and then all of a sudden this year bammm issues, both new models. On the models last year I took every switch number off that I was not using (including DR eg AI-D/R2) and no like I said no problems. I did not do it on these models so I am starting to wonder. I am hoping it works.
I'm pretty confident at this point, based on experimentation I did last night, that this is the problem I was having. I don't ever use physical rate switches for individual control surfaces, preferring to use flight modes to group a collection of rates for all surfaces to suit a particular purpose or maneuver. However because the rates are associated with physical switches by default, if you don't go and delete them but instead simply set up your dual rates and expo for a flight mode with the rate switches set to one particular position, you will leave yourself vulnerable because if you accidentally hit one of the rate switches for a control surface (e.g. when transporting the radio), then your rates are now not set up any longer and default to 100%/no expo. This has the appearance of rates and expo setting being lost when actually what has happened is that a switch you think you are not using has been inadvertently flipped and changed you to a different rate and expo setting for that control surface.

On a related note, I believe, if I interpret the hobbypeople.net cart correctly, that the manual for the SD-10G may be available now p/n 471179 (I'd got the part number from Mike Greenshields some time ago but at the time the manuals were not available and I hadn't checked recently).
Old 06-11-2011, 07:26 AM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: eajohnson
On a related note, I believe, if I interpret the hobbypeople.net cart correctly, that the manual for the SD-10G may be available now p/n 471179 (I'd got the part number from Mike Greenshields some time ago but at the time the manuals were not available and I hadn't checked recently).
The radio does not come with a manual?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 AM
MikeRuth

It comes with an excelent manual.

Time to fly yay

Mike r
ORIGINAL: carrellh

Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 PM
eajohnson

I believe new ones come with a manual, mine preceded the availability of the manual (they hadn't finished it yet) so I haven't had one. My comment was directed at others like myself that don't have a manual for the radio.

ORIGINAL: MikeRuth

It comes with an excelent manual.

Time to fly yay

Mike r
ORIGINAL: carrellh

Old 06-11-2011, 03:08 PM
MikeRuth

Nods, I think there was a time they were shipping without due to not being ready.

If anyone wants the latest on line here is the direct download link.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...itfile_id/223/

Mike R
Old 06-12-2011, 11:56 AM
carrellh

Wow. I'm surprised they would start shipping their high end unit without the manual.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:53 PM
aydin3

it was first shipped without a manual but it was available online. I then came with a printerd but not bound manual and a card for a full, bound manual once it was available...I was more than happy to get the radio with a link to download the manual if that meant I got the radio months earlier then I would if I had to wait for the full printed/bound manual! It was a great come to market action in my mind...now Ihave the bound manual, a loose manual and a pdf manual, both in parts and in full!