Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:39 PM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

ORIGINAL: WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: jet22b

70 member!!! ''WOW''!!!
This shirt will make us all stand out!!!
We may need a brotherhood fly-in one day???
Sonny
aka
jet22b
jet22b,

I am glad you mentioned that. I have been thinking since our flying season is in sight we should be cleared for the option to plan a Spitfire Brotherhood Squadron remote sortie. We can all pick a three day timeframe consisting of a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that we all can go fly our Spitfires. We can capture ourselves and flights on photos and videos, and afterward I can gather them all up and produce a squadron video for us to load on RCU and You Tube.

Everyone start sending 2 or 3 possible dates that work for you, and I will catalog the dates and see what works for the squadron.

I wish I had the resources and time to travel, that would be great. This is why I recommended we pick a 3 day timeframe, all travel to our local fields, shoot some photos and videos, and report back to this thread with our remote sortie fly-in results. Consider it a multi continent sortie, and we all have one mission to fly our Spitfires at least once during the selected 3 day mission.

However flytruk, if anyone would would like, I invite all to attend my annual warbird fly-in here in oklahoma. For info see: www.warbirdsoverok.org

Thoughts??
#1,
I think that would be the best way to go. I know alot of people may not have the time to travel, but to go to your local flying field for the 3 days and shoot pictures and or video and report back, will give every member away to say hello!! My vote is yes!!!
I do think alot of the brothers may go for this!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well fellow brothers .. I took the liberty of going through all posts to see where we come from .. We are represented by 24 states and 5 foreign countries .. It could be possible to meet in Oklahoma if .... fuel was $1.50 a gallon ...
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM
H.Dale
My Feedback: (3)

I've got a question. Where do most of you locate your on/off swithes on your Spitfires? I would like to put it where it is easy to get to but not noticeable.

Spitfire Brotherhood #45
Old 02-25-2012, 09:57 AM
flyntruk

I'm looking into locating mine on lert side of fuse , near the front , up near the canopy . Going to see about  making a hatch for my fuel dot in front of the canopy
Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
mad web tv scientist

flyntruk, thank you for your brotherly research on a possible "Spitfire Brotherhood Reunion." I assume it would be acceptable for me to bring my two (2) Spitfires in case a scramble is called.

Speaking of switches, I tried to do without an ESC switch recently and as a result nothing would work on the plane. Please correct me if I am wrong but, behold, I've always thought that a switch is nothing but a short circuit. I have since wired my switch back into the system and permenantly located it just inside the battery compartment. So, please tell me about the magic in that switch that my simple and totally reliable short circuit does not have.

Thanks again.

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ _
Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevance to modeling -
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: H.Dale

I've got a question. Where do most of you locate your on/off swithes on your Spitfires? I would like to put it where it is easy to get to but not noticeable.

Spitfire Brotherhood #45
H. Dale, I was planning on locating my switch on the left side of the fuselage just aft of the cockpit where the full scale access panel is located. See photo below.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:27 PM
SIX GUNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guys what would be cool is for all the brothers to make a squadren where they are and then a squadren # can be given.
Then as a home fighter group make where this started OK. then we can post all the pics of the squadren fighter wings . then make up the T-shirts as to the squadren #'s and fighter group . That mite make so we all can see how everybody is doing with out spending a small fortune going across the country

brotherhood #71

Jim
Old 02-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

Spitfire Brotherhood #45
The only place for them H.Dale is the radio/camera hatch behind the cockpit
Seriously,,, place them where the most convenient. Just paint them the camo colour and enjoy.

Cheers,

Brad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88958.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1731843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47237.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1731844  
Old 02-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Warbirdguy

Thats exactly where Im putting them on mine

WBG
Old 02-25-2012, 06:55 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Spitfire Brotherhood #45
H Dale-

I put my switch in the wheel well. If you look closely you can see it on the back side of the wheel well. It is completely hidden and easy to reach. The retract fill valve is just outside the wheel well. I can fuel the plane, fill the retracts and turn the plane on without having to move from the position where I start the plane.

Name:	Nl29572.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1731953  
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
WARBIRDRCER

ORIGINAL: SIX GUNS

guys what would be cool is for all the brothers to make a squadren where they are and then a squadren # can be given.
Then as a home fighter group make where this started OK. then we can post all the pics of the squadren fighter wings . then make up the T-shirts as to the squadren #'s and fighter group . That mite make so we all can see how everybody is doing with out spending a small fortune going across the country

brotherhood #71

Jim
I like the idea SIX GUNS, so let’s put some thought into the structure.

Earlier flyntruk, Spitfire Brotherhood #47 reported including the United States there are 6 Countries that currently represent our Spitfire group.

In the USA there are 24 States where squadron members reside.

There is 196 Countries in the world, so here is a possible start to our Air Force (AF) structure.

If we use the countries in chronological order as they become affiliated with the Brotherhood by a person joining from each country, then we would start with the USA being the First (1st AF) Air Force, and so on. This would develop the world wide coverage of the entire Spitfire AF.

Example #1 in my case: 1ST AF, and then the division would be assigned by states in order of a person from a country’s state joining.

Example #2 in my case: 1ST AF, 1ST Division, or Fighter Group (FG) and then the final would be the Squadron number.

Example #3 in my case: 1ST AF, 1ST FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron

In example #3, Oklahoma members would belong to the 1ST AF, 1ST FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron in Oklahoma. If another site in Oklahoma started a squadron it would be the 2ND Fighter Squadron.

The next state in order of membership by representative would be the 1ST AF, 2ND FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron.

And so on: Thoughts??

If this were on a spread sheet it would track assignments for us.

Next question, do we want to be identified as an Air Force, or by another entity?

If another, please give feedback.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:24 PM
jet22b

brotherhood #71

Jim
I like the idea SIX GUNS, so let’s put some thought into the structure.

Earlier flyntruk, Spitfire Brotherhood #47 reported including the United States there are 6 Countries that currently represent our Spitfire group.

In the USA there are 24 States where squadron members reside.

There is 196 Countries in the world, so here is a possible start to our Air Force (AF) structure.

If we use the countries in chronological order as they become affiliated with the Brotherhood by a person joining from each country, then we would start with the USA being the First (1st AF) Air Force, and so on. This would develop the world wide coverage of the entire Spitfire AF.

Example #1 in my case: 1ST AF, and then the division would be assigned by states in order of a person from a country’s state joining.

Example #2 in my case: 1ST AF, 1ST Division, or Fighter Group (FG) and then the final would be the Squadron number.

Example #3 in my case: 1ST AF, 1ST FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron

In example #3, Oklahoma members would belong to the 1ST AF, 1ST FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron in Oklahoma. If another site in Oklahoma started a squadron it would be the 2ND Fighter Squadron.

The next state in order of membership by representative would be the 1ST AF, 2ND FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron.

And so on: Thoughts??

If this were on a spread sheet it would track assignments for us.

Next question, do we want to be identified as an Air Force, or by another entity?

If another, please give feedback.
#1,
I think your example #3 will be a good way to go!!!
Just my 2 cents!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 PM
flyntruk

brotherhood #71 You know ... that might be possible ... West coast Squadron Rocky mt , Plains States , Mississipi States Squardon Or some thing like that And then theres them foreign boys too ...

Jim
Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Brad330l

This is very interesting and I will continue reading and considering everything that is suggested. At the moment I would like to be identified as a Brotherhood until we have a lot of options to choose from.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
rogera

I am a British subject who now resides in the United Arab Emirates but came here from our home in South Africa, is that confusing or what ??

Have always loved the Spitfire and many years ago owned and flew the old Sterling Kits Spitfire. Now fly the Kyosho Spitfire 90 with an RCV 91 and JR 11X Zero radio. Absolutely fantastic flyer and together with a few other club members we get a real kick out of our warbird formations we do on a weekly basis during the winter months (far too hot in Summer with a fully cowled engine).

Please add me to the list and I will, at some stage, post video of the Spitfire in “formation†with a couple of Mustangs, Me 109 or whatever else is at the field on the day.

Great idea and look forward to continuing the read on the forum.

Safe landings

Roger
Old 02-26-2012, 06:18 AM
WARBIRDRCER

Brad3301,

You are correct; we will continue to be the Spitfire Brotherhood. This being the case we can ID our AF’s as in my case Spitfire Brotherhood 1ST AF, 1ST FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron, and Sign with Spitfire Brotherhood #1.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 AM
hairy46

Great thread! Love the Spit! Only a Hangar 9 Spit so far but looking for a larger kit or ARF
Old 02-26-2012, 10:54 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is something else we may want to consider down the road as we start to have flying events. We could consider collecting money for Children's Hospitals around the US and the world. 44 states have one or more hospitals and there are Children's Hospitals in many countries around the world as well. This would give us a somewhat higher purpose for the Brotherhood and enable us to give something back to children who need the help. Just another thought!

The club I fly with in Louisville, KY has raised more than $118,000 in the last 12 years for our local Children's Hospital through an RC airshow we call Wings for Kids. It's a great way to give purpose to your hobby.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
SIX GUNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WARBIRDRCER, you know that your idea would work all you have to do is put the ( AF.- FG,- FS #'S) ON THE SHIRT SOME WHERE THAT CAN BE SEEN LIKE AN INSIGNA LIKE YOU WOULD BE (111 th) then every body could decide upon possably dividing the US up into QTRS.
so you would be (1st af, 1st fg, 1fs ) then north of that would be (1st af , 2nd fg, # fs) and out side of the US would be the first country that
had come into the spitefire brotherhood so it would be 1st af, 5th fg, # fs (fs, would be your spitfire brother #) so mine would be 1st af
3rd fg , 71fs so that makes me 1371 fighter wing

(JUST AN IDEA)

JIM
Old 02-26-2012, 08:49 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have built and flown 2 spits. One was a Dave Platt and the other a YA SPit.. I have a third.. A Brian Taylor Spit with a Glass fuse from Vic rc yet to be built.

I haven't see this posted so take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8rF...eature=related
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
stimul8tor
My Feedback: (8)

When you get it all worked out as in what group and squad wing let me know I'm in.
I also have a few guys in our local club that might be interested in enlistment.
Spitfire brotherhood #67 Ohio squadron
Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

BobH Outstanding video. Thanks for posting. Rich
Old 02-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Ham639
My Feedback: (13)

Progress continues. She is all painted with the exception of a weathering (she will be heavy weathered) and the clear coat.

I took her out is the sun to have a look. Everything is in it except the Pilot, exhaust stacks, ailerlon servos and the new canopy.

She weighs 30 lbs before ballast. Preliminary tests tell me she will need 4-5 lbs depending on location I can put it.

I'm happy with that. My fear she was going to be too light.

To be continued. . .

Name:	Sq46320.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	1732846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17134.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	1732847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm21742.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	1732848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn33296.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1732849  
Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Ham, looking good bro.. Hope to see you at WOD this year.. or maybe in Toledo.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:11 AM
jet22b

Ham639,
You are doing a great job on her. Can not wait to hear the flight report!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.