Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 AM
overrev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Aythomps you might get away with the traxxas bigbores but that would depend on the rules at your track. At the track I go to anything that did not come on the truck is considered a mod except radio gear.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:54 PM
birdman1968

What does a ball diff do ? I am thinking it locks up the rear end ??? Are they good for racing on hard pack indoor clay tracks ??? I know that MIPmakes one , is their other options ??
Old 05-30-2010, 07:20 PM
overrev

A ball diff does not lock up the rear it works more like a slipper and is more tunable for racing. If you run it to loose you will end up having to rebuild it. Traxxas makes one but I don't know if it's any good.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 PM
danny70

i would like some input. I have a slash with protrac suspension and paddle tires and i have a slash with a outlaw chassis that has integy shocks and a stock sus. What should i do? as far as what would go better for each. I have a 5.5 550 can novak motor with a vxl esc and i have a XErun 2250kv motor and esc. I want to make a basher and a dune buggy. witch chassis and sus and esc and motor shuold i use for witch? What do you guys think?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 PM
birdman1968

Ireplaced the stock springs with progressive springs from a DuratraxEvader . What effect will a progressive shock spring vs the stock preloaded? springs have on the track ?? Iam thinking they will handle the small bumps better ?

I moved my lower shock mounts out to the middle hole all the way around as well to help with the cornering , it is bottoming out a little on the big jump at the track but the gains in cornering are worth it !! Got to keep up with the SC 10 and Blitz 's .

Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
danny70

Never mind
Old 06-09-2010, 05:05 PM
losifiend

This is my second Slash and the beginning of my Baja Bug build. Got the roller for $90. I threw some OFNA diff lock putty in the diff for a very limited slip, which IMO is the same as a well set up ball diff. This is also the motor I will be running in it until I get an "L" size motor which is 60mm compared to this one which is 70mm. Gearing is 18/40 Mod 1. There is no setup on the truck what so ever so it handles like *****. Just wanted to see how it would run with the XL motor and I really like it. It will be perfect for the desert/beach!

Here is a video of how the Feigao 1830KV XL motor moves it around on 2S with 18/40 Mod 1 gearing.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttradd_xRl8[/link]

Still to come is a VW body, RPM narrow revolvers in front with single rib tires, Paddles in the rear on RPM wide Revolvers, Trenchers on the same style rims, and some small scale accessories.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:03 AM
FireFrenzy

How do you like that alu servo hub? whats your weak point now? I wouldnt like to run without some kind of saver or slip function on my slash... Sorry i am rambling what i want to know is what (if any) you are using as a servo saver or designated weakspot with the servo saver out of the equation...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

He has a titanium geared servo, so that probably won't break. I'm guessing the weakest part in his steering now is the steering knuckle, if it's still plastic.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:33 AM
rustlerduster

Ken448 are u talking about larrys in sterling heights mi?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
rustlerduster

larrys in sterling height mi?
Old 06-20-2010, 01:26 AM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: Ken448

I run LiPo with a Low V alarm
They are cheap!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Maxpro-2S-Lipo-B...item3354d46976

Its mounted on my rear shock tower, and I removed some paint off the body so I could see the light. Its Blue when normal, and blinks red and beeps when its time to come off the track. I did add an inline plug to it so I can unplug it if I want to run 7.2V packs in practice

FYI: A dremmel with a polishing pad removes the paint off a section easily, and if the lexan clouds up, brake fluid clears it right up
Thanks for the tip! I have a bunch of LIPO's and would rather use a LVC than NIMH batteries. I tried your link and it looks they its not working anymore. I did find it at http://www.aprohobbies.com/maxpro-ba...ies-p-105.html and it was only $10 shipping included. Not a bad deal.

EDIT**

I do not know if you are aware but your supposed to attach the LVC to your ballancing taps on your battery. Does it work the way you have it set up?
Here is a link to some directions... http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...2S-LVA&cat=195
Old 06-20-2010, 05:15 AM
G!NhO

Hi,

I bought a Slash 2wd and i already love it! Do you guys have any recommendations for setup with the stock parts?

I also got a brushless set on the way, 2700kv 13t motor and hobbyking 100a esc.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:15 PM
FREEBIRD

I love my 2W drive as well, I have the BL system and keep it low, with sticky tires
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76651.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1456697  
Old 06-21-2010, 10:06 PM
aythomps

what are you planning to do with it? race or bash If going to it in stock class you can not do too much to it. Unless your track allow any setup. I race at a track here in Mississippi only allow slash stock class racing. Much mean that the best driver wins the not the fastest truck.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:02 PM
G!NhO

Went out bashing today with lots of jumps and there was also some loose sand, and there came sand inside my gearcover so it scratched my pinion and spur and now it makes some grinding noise...
I guess the best thing is to buy the RPM gearcover because it doesn't have the hole in it?

Other than that i absolutely love it! It really takes a beating and it handles pretty good on soft/hard sand.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:37 AM
FireFrenzy

RPM gearcover works GREAT if you slip some kind of cover of the titan case since it sucks sand through the motor occasionally (buy a cheap stocking or something and use the toe or something to keep the sand out of the engine) since as i said the titan's in built fan sometimes sucks sand through the engine into the gearing...
Old 06-25-2010, 08:26 AM
G!NhO

I have a brushless motor which is closed so i dont have to worry about that when my esc arrives.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
HpiTrax383
My Feedback: (2)

hi im wanting to put some good aftermarket parts on my bone stock slash whats the best upgrade for the money and i only got 110$ to spend because thats whats left over from fixing my firestorm and merv
thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 12:14 PM
G!NhO

@Losifiend

My spur and pinion are already wearing after a couple of days so i also want mod 1 spur/pinion, i will be using a 2700Kv 3650 motor on 7,4/8,4v.
What is the best combination in spur/pinion for my setup to keep is as close to the 23/86 gearing i have now?
Oh i just saw the pinions are for 5mm axles.

Gino.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
airmayle

ORIGINAL: HpiTrax383

hi im wanting to put some good aftermarket parts on my bone stock slash whats the best upgrade for the money and i only got 110$ to spend because thats whats left over from fixing my firestorm and merv
thanks
Is it brushless? Amain has a dynamite ESC and Brushless motor combo for $115.00. If it is brushless already I would change the bushing for bearings in the steering assembly. Replace the hinge pins with titanium, will last longer. I like the 1/8th buggie wheels (need adapters). I have RPM parts but I would also look at Pro-line racing for skid plates, shock towers, etc. Change the bearings everywhere buy some spears, clean the old ones and pitch the bad ones away. Most stuff that has to be changed regular is bearings and hinge pins for me.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:27 PM
HpiTrax383

no its not brushless yet but i will definetly look into that brushless system but i really do need some tires and wheels mine are trashed they are the stock ones and ive had the truck for a more than a year what would you get first airmayle?
Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 PM
airmayle

If you like stock wheels look on Ebay. You can get a set of 4 pretty cheap. Everyone is chopping up the Slash 4x4 and parting it out so tires are cheap. I like 1/8 buggie wheels so I buy from a guy on Ebay who sell's set of four mounted for under $25.00. You can PM me and I will look up the seller for you. I have him saved in my Ebay stuff. I have some stock wheels just laying around not being used if you like I will send them to you. You just have to pay for shipping. They are not new but have some tread left.

If your wheels are over a year old you need new ones. Check out Pro-line racing website for wheels and tires.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:30 PM
HpiTrax383

im really liking the looks of the slash 4x4 wheels alot, also i was just at my local hobby shop and they are going out of buisness and they have one spektrum dx2.0 left and i dont have a 2.4ghz yet and its only 100$ so i might buy that and hold off on the brushless system because i like going to tracks as much as possible but every time i go some one is on the same frequency as me and i dont like waiting till there done also while i was there they had some rpm a-arms for 8$ and all parts are 40% off so i might get those to its looks like a good deal.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
airmayle

2.4 ghz is nice to have. I have The traxxas model that comes with the 4x4. Its good but a pain in the butt to program. That's a good price for the dx2.0 just make sure it comes with a receiver. I would pick up brushless when you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.