Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

EME 55 DLE's new Cousin?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:11 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EME 55 DLE's new Cousin?

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Wounder what this is a copy of, There is no name cast on it but all the parts will fit a DLE, DLA, EME and most all 55cc engines of this type from China.

Milton
Looks just like my DLE55 did, before mods. Except this one is with a Polishd muffler
Old 06-30-2011, 06:19 AM
JEAMEHONG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-30-2011, 06:23 AM
JEAMEHONG

Old 06-30-2011, 06:39 AM
JEAMEHONG

hello everyone. as an boss of EME model engine factory . we do not only have  design gas RC engine , but also invest all mold for all EME engine . we will do our best to supply high quility engine to the world. thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Andika

OK, who is your dealer in USA ?
Why is your engine similar to the DLE 55 ?
Don't you have another design a bit diferent in your mind ?
What specs for the EME 55, power, oil ratio, weight, prop, warranty, spare parts, DLE compatible parts...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wounder what this is a copy of, There is no name cast on it but all the parts will fit a DLE, DLA, EME and most all 55cc engines of this type from China.

Milton
Milton,

As things now stand DLE has the only generally reliable R/C engine products coming out of China and most of the modeling public knows this. So DLE has cornered a relatively large percentage of the market share. What other Chinese manufacturers haven't figured out yet is there very little remaining market share left open for capture. In their minds it's probably something like "If DLE can do it, we can do it too and make as much or more than DLE does". This is where they are dead wrong.

They need to develop the sales and distribution structure, service policies, warranties and comprehensible instructions, life cycle and reliability histroy, and still turn a profit. As things now stand the only thing they have to compete on is prices, and many of them are selling their products for cost or less than cost. If they can't lock up a substantial portion of market share in a very short period of time they will fail. Unless they are being underwritten by the Chinese government it will only be a matter of time before they spend all their money selling a product for less than it cost them to make. This has happened before with some other Chinese engine companies and you see examples of what happens to their customers when they go looking for parts a little later.

Ralph,
Go back and take another look at the 3w 80 and make some comparisons with a later engine. Don't let the machined case blind you.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

I don't much care who copied who, as long as the engine works and stays together...I have a GT 80 with a fully machined case made from bar stock, with a reed from a 3W or DA 100...Both reeds are the same...Now we're going to use a larger Go kart reed...Are we copying the goKart ?
Our ZDZ 210 racing engines use a Kawasaki motorcycle reed...I guess we can call it a ZDSAKI
Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Milton
I was really being sarcastic with this post. LOL

This is a engines I built from parts I got from China through a 3rd party and parts were still rather cheap and come from the same place that makes most of the RC engines parts in China.

It uses the old style DLE cylinder.

Anyone can be a engine manufacture if they want to buy 1,000 peaces of parts at a time and can have any name they want put on them.

you will also be surprised at what the cost is.

Milton
Old 06-30-2011, 08:08 AM
MTK

Milton
How much for a DLE55 cylinder? And crankshaft?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: MTK

Milton
PM sent

Milton
Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Tired Old Man

Milton,

Actually, I would not be surprised at all. If you are purchasing off the shelf Chinese parts in quantity, and doing all your own work, it's ridicously cheap. Price goes up for one at a time stuff though, and if paying someone to do the assembly it goes up further still.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
MTK

Milton
PM sent

Milton

Got it, thanks......I was surprised.

A friend and I are doing re-work on the cylinder. I may purchase a couple more to have as spares, but have not decided yet how far to take this side project
Old 06-30-2011, 04:13 PM
MetallicaJunkie

A friend and I are doing re-work on the cylinder. I may purchase a couple more to have as spares, but have not decided yet how far to take this side project
what kind of rework? to give them motor more performance?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:23 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

$50 shipping will put the damper on any experimentation with this puppy
Old 06-30-2011, 07:41 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: MANFRED

$50 shipping will put the damper on any experimentation with this puppy
Hobby King is not selling these apparently....I had to cancel my order a few weeks ago after waiting for 3 1/2 months. I bought my engines from a US distributor for a very fair price.... Very cheap shipping

The mods are mostly cosmetic with a couple functional. BTW, I was impressed with the machine work inside and the quality of the metalurgy. No punky Chinese aluminum in this engine. Wished they got rid of the 4 mounting prop bolts tho. On this size engine, they just don't make any sense to me
Old 06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Whistling Death

Wished they got rid of the 4 mounting prop bolts tho. On this size engine, they just don't make any sense to me
http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/d...er-dle-55.html
Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Tired Old Man

There's truly no need for 4 bolts, or 6. A single bolt or nut is plenty good enough. Concerned about prop walk? No problem, just install a couple of indexing pins or screws.

As an example a BME 116 twin uses only a center nut to retain the prop. Any others screws you see up front are for prop indexing and do nothing for prop retention.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Antique

They might listen to you
Almost got removed from the forum a while back talking about single bolt prop hubs
Old 07-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Tired Old Man

Only a forum? There's talk of removing me from the site. No big, it would free up some time.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Antique

You go, I go....I tried using my website as a forum once, no one posted on it...
I still have the site somewhere....
The domain is still mine...We could start a new site, RCU rejects
I'll let you be the moderator, Tired Old Moderator...You, me, Bill C, and a few others....
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Pat and Ralph, why are you both trying to tempt the RCU gods

Karol
Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Tired Old Man

Honestly? And this is only that, and not intending to spark a fight. It's because people don't want to learn how things work so they can work through a problem on their own. An expansion of knowledge is wholly subsidirairy to having something work now with minimal involvement from the user. People want everything done for them and when it's pointed out they are/were too lazy to do simple things on their own they become irate. There's a something for nothing mindset running rampant in this country and it extends through all things, including our hobby.

If you write something that's a bit long becasue it fully explains the how and why you get lambasted for using more than three words referencing what to do.

It's because people seem to believe they "deserve" rather than earned something, or anything.

If you suggest that someone works through a problem instead of simply addressing the end result you become an ogre. It's even worse if you try to walk them through a problem one step at a time so they can learn something in the process.

If you tell people the truth and it wasn't what they wanted to hear you are called "insensitive' and rude.

It's because our hobby is rife with a sense of self centeredness that has never been present before.

It's because people that KNOW how to deal with an issue, make it better, prevent it's recurrance, are continuously challenged by newbies and their personal fan clubs.

Since there's already a place where people can speak freely about the hobby I don't worry about it.

This hobby has a lot for everyone that particiaptes but it's not a hobby that can be mastered after 30 minutes punching buttons on a controller in front of a video screen. It takes time and effort. Effort needed to learn the why, what, and how. Effort to improve the hobby through personal experimentation, experimentation that was enabled though the continuous expansion of knowledge and experience developed over time.

Buy and fly has done nothing to promote anything other than profit for the seller. Although the underlying purpose of this hobby is to have fun it is also one that enables the intelligent and perceptive the abilty to enrichen their lives and the lives of their families because they developed an interest in a field that has so many possibilities. Engineering, piloting, UAV operations, airport management, meterology, aerospace, are just a few of the areas that are available to those that develop a real interest in our hobby. Although, at this point in time, almost anyone can participate in the hobby, it best rewards those that develop and maintain an inquisitive and professional mindset about it.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:53 AM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amen brother!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Antique

Tired Old Moderator ?
Old 07-01-2011, 10:26 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Absolutely nothing " tired " about that post, and one word sums it all up....excellent.

Karol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.