Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

ORIGINAL: wan6176

i still prefer baja..
I love how you prefer something you have never ran or seen in person.. Fanboys will be fanboys...It was the same thing when HPI came into the scene, all the fg fanboys were saying the same stuff...times changed since then and I think they will change again.
Robert

I see many threads by wan6176 asking for parts or info for a baja....He probably has one....So he probably seen and ran his baja
Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 AM
TGNman

My Losi out at Dunetoberfest getting some new shoes for its environment.

More shots going up on LSN as we speak.

Mark Hull
Old 10-20-2011, 11:41 AM
TGNman

Ooops try this one...

Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 AM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: Giorgos_cupra

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

ORIGINAL: wan6176

i still prefer baja..
I love how you prefer something you have never ran or seen in person.. Fanboys will be fanboys...It was the same thing when HPI came into the scene, all the fg fanboys were saying the same stuff...times changed since then and I think they will change again.
Robert

I see many threads by wan6176 asking for parts or info for a baja....He probably has one....So he probably seen and ran his baja
Might be sarcasm, might not be on your end or you just did not get what I wrote at all...I was talking about him and the Losi truck...Or I just didn't get what you were saying...damn I hate the internetz..lol
Old 10-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah, the way you wrote it is completely clear. I understand what you mean now, but I also understand why everyone thought what they thought. What you should have written is "I love how you prefer something over something else that you have never...etc"

Jus sayin'

On topic, I have to say I'm still not impressed after seeing that video. It seemed to be holding up the rest of the field. :/
Old 10-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Scream And Fly

ORIGINAL: sheograth

They look fine to me..
Yea I thought the paddles were facing the wrong direction but when Ilooked closer Isee they're on right.

Ithink it's retarted that so much disassembly needs to be done to service the pull starter. The 5IVE is a cool truck, but it's really nothing new.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:39 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The body panels are too expensive. The Hood is $76, Cab is $105, and rear fenders are $39 each. I was hoping the modular parts would be cheaper. These prices are from largescalerc btw, losi's MSRP is probably higher.

That's about $260 for the whole body :/

Other replacement parts seem reasonably priced. Horizon says late November for the car - I wanted it sooner [&:]
Old 10-28-2011, 10:35 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

I'm sure someone will be making one piece lexan bodies for it in no times.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:35 PM
mradlin

I just recieved these pics from Dino at JetPro.  Here is the V1 version of the JetPro pipe for the Losi Five T. As you can see it's bolted to the engine only to still allow for the engine adjustment required for adjusting the gear mesh.

The pipe is also sleeved to allow easier romoval when needed.

According to Dino, there will be other versions of JetPro pipes available soon for the Five T also.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:01 PM
wan6176

i really envy u all..to the person who can create design n invent all these car..from stock to monster in 1/4 scale...to me i just lack of machinery n sources of getting stuff.buying stuff from internet isnt as fun as u create from raw material..its a different feeling..im a technical person weking in a technical line n yet till now i cant even promise myself i wanted very much to do on my own 1/4 scale baja..altough i have ppl support ideas n stuff like foxy,splcrazy sheo etc...wenever jariv invent sumting new i will browse slowly over his project hours by hours day by day till he complete the job..i promise myself i wil do it n can do it..to make my own dream car dats is baja in 1/4 scale..
Old 11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
kochj

Just a couple of thing's
I think it fantastic that losi came out with this 4wd truck, as it gives 1/5th scale off road racing a needed interest.
As nitro becomes more expensive, gasoline is a good alternative to those that don't want electric.
It is interesting to see the claim that there isn't any competition for this truck....???
Simply not true at all. MCD has been making 4WD offroad vehicles for some time now and is one of the best out..

You can't compare a 2wd to a4wd vehicle, let alone make a claim that is will die off....because of this truck.
I was niece to believe that 2wd is even close to a 4wd race buggy.... If you do a search of video's of the mcd race runner 4 or what ever the newest
One is...... It makes the Baja look like a van competing in a rally.... Would be frustrating to try to run one o,f those on a closed race track
I can't wait to see how losi stacks up against mcd....that may be a blowout by mcd....have to see..
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Ok Losi. It's now November.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: kochj

Just a couple of thing's
I think it fantastic that losi came out with this 4wd truck, as it gives 1/5th scale off road racing a needed interest.
As nitro becomes more expensive, gasoline is a good alternative to those that don't want electric.
It is interesting to see the claim that there isn't any competition for this truck....???
Simply not true at all. MCD has been making 4WD offroad vehicles for some time now and is one of the best out..

You can't compare a 2wd to a4wd vehicle, let alone make a claim that is will die off....because of this truck.
I was niece to believe that 2wd is even close to a 4wd race buggy.... If you do a search of video's of the mcd race runner 4 or what ever the newest
One is...... It makes the Baja look like a van competing in a rally.... Would be frustrating to try to run one o,f those on a closed race track
I can't wait to see how losi stacks up against mcd....that may be a blowout by mcd....have to see..
you have to remember the losi is quite a bit bigger and heavier than the MCD, wheelbase is 5" longer, and 7lb heavier.
if it's successful (if they ever get around to actually releasing it) then hopefully other manufacturers will build something similarly sized from the ground up instead of slapping an sc body on an existing 500mm wheelbase chassis and calling it done.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

you have to remember the losi is quite a bit bigger and heavier than the MCD, wheelbase is 5'' longer, and 7lb heavier.
if it's successful (if they ever get around to actually releasing it8|]) then hopefully other manufacturers will build something similarly sized from the ground up instead of slapping an sc body on an existing 500mm wheelbase chassis and calling it done.
Does not surprise me we are talking about Horizon Hobby!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
kochj

Didn't know that it was longer....but Isn't that just Bumper?
On MCD the frame doesn't protrude out much....??
I don't have one so I can't relate... but the MCD/s I have seen and read about....
The truck and the Buggy are the 2-dif. styles....

Why can't Mcd place a SC body on a TRUCK style frame?
HPI did it with there Baja!.... yeah they added some plastic frame around it... but otherwise the same...

I agree that MCD could have done better....but they are into RACING.... and SC trucks was not were it was at ....at the time of the release of the RR4...

I support Losi all the way though.... They are a STATE Side company... even thought the product is now made in China....
I think looks wise.... There isn't ANYTHING even close to this one....
But 1,500 is LOTS of mulla.... for a 100$ China motor... and 35$ servos...and a 5$ muffler attached to a essentially a 1,350$ SC truck....

Perhaps that was the only way to recoope some of the loss... with the tooling and manufacturing this toy...
That sort of thing isn't cheap...no mater WHERE it is made...
Old 11-04-2011, 10:58 AM
kochj

The part that I don't get is that they made a essentially a 8ight Gasoline truggy.... that is so heavy that
there isn't ANY way for it to be a 1/8th scale replacement class....
That 26cc of 30cc engine will be working way too hard to get it moving in time...
Perhaps they should have been a industry first to use a larger egine...
one that allows you to use a airplane style engine...
Like a DA50r or DA60!..

Even knowing all this I still would love to have one..!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM
sheograth

Yeah I've always wondered how a DA50 would fair in a car..
Old 11-04-2011, 04:41 PM
kochj

not sure if this was noted...new news or not..

The manual is up...
Old 11-04-2011, 07:34 PM
sheograth

Hmm the exploded views aren't as high quality as I had hoped but it looks good otherwise. I pre-ordered one from my friend at the LHS the other day.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 PM
kochj

looks like they have some ALum parts for the truck...
Rear hub, from spindles, chasis brace... and alum. servo saver....
Unless there is a bunch of slop in the stearing, wouldn't recomend getting that stuff...
Is is also 80$ a pop...
Old 11-05-2011, 10:01 AM
mooman007uk

just as i was on about slapping a body on and calling it good, behold the MCD W5 sc truck actually looks really, really good (not so keen on what's underneath)...so i'll be guilty also of the body slapping too....body and tires will be going on my toxyc i reckon[8D]

Old 11-05-2011, 12:25 PM
kg2mb

Im diggin it.Not made in china rite?
Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: kg2mb

Im diggin it.Not made in china rite?
The company is a US company but I will bet my last dime the vehicles are made in China.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:27 PM
sheograth

The MCD W5 looks nice... Their Baja 1000 was awesome.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
sheograth

I just emailed troy at largescalerc to see if he knows more about the W5. MCD has the best off road 4x4 platform out there in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.