Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:09 PM
richard_mmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service

Hello all,
I am relativly new to the Hobby, and was looking to purchase my first EDF. After quite a bit of reasurch I decided that the best place to get this from was nitroplanes.com. So I ordered the plane and radio gear about a week ago from the site.

After not hearing anything for a few days I logged on to the "live help" feature on there website and finally got through to an operator who advised that the items would be shipped out in the next day or so, ok no problem I thought.

So yesterday afternoon I recieved an email stating that the Plane is to large for them to ship internationally (even though on the initial recept I have they have charged quite a significant amount for overseas postage). So I trid to get in contact with them, but unfortunatly due to the time differences I must have missed them, as they sent the email at the close of buisness. So now they are sending me the radio gear (which I have absolutly no need for as they will not send me the plane) charging almost as much as the radio gear again in postage, and will not let me cancel the order.

I must say I am very dissapointed at their service, especially the fact that they changed my order and then shipped it with out talking to me first, and when I spoke to the online "live help" operator on two seperate occasions they never once advised that there would be any problem with shipping these items to me.

They should not quote and then accept payment for goods that they can/will not even attempt to deliver.

end of rant.

Richard
Old 08-28-2009, 07:57 PM
ranvette

Default RE: Service

I would give them another call ! To me something does not sound right.What plane did you buy? Is it really large enough to cause a shippingproblem.I just bought a plane from nitro and it had a bad ESC..There service was great i had a replacement ESC in 2 days.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 AM
eccvets

You should really contact john on this forum which is nitrostaff1. He really helped me out with all my problems and got my edf jet flying in no time flat. I tried the phone/tech support and the live chat thingy as well and they were no help at all but John really came thru and very quickly as well.

P.S. Do you happen to know how big the package is? I think on the website they do say they can't ship over a certain size of airplane and there was a thread about shipping planes to AUvery recently. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9024371/tm.htm
Old 08-29-2009, 01:18 PM
opjose

I agree something is not right in this tale.

NP doesn't ship partial shipments of a single product.

If the radio was a separate component, and the plane could not be shipped out, then you are ONLY charged for what was shipped out.
You cannot be charged for something that you'll never receive.

Nitro always advises me ( via e-mail, though I've been called twice ) if there is a reason something on my order is no longer available, then they ask what I would like to do.

You should check the charges on your card and the confirmation e-mail you received.

I'll bet you'll only see the separate radio show up.

Also as indicated contact John as indicated with your order number.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:44 AM
richard_mmmm

ORIGINAL: opjose

I agree something is not right in this tale.

NP doesn't ship partial shipments of a single product.

If the radio was a separate component, and the plane could not be shipped out, then you are ONLY charged for what was shipped out.
You cannot be charged for something that you'll never receive.

Nitro always advises me ( via e-mail, though I've been called twice ) if there is a reason something on my order is no longer available, then they ask what I would like to do.

You should check the charges on your card and the confirmation e-mail you received.

I'll bet you'll only see the separate radio show up.

Also as indicated contact John as indicated with your order number.

Sorry, I do not want to give the wrong information, the radio gear was a seperate item, they have not charged me for items I will not recieve, that have just removed the item that I wanted, and left items I will now have no need for.

I would have prefered it if they would have advised that they would not ship the Plane, prior to shipping the other items.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
opjose

Ah, OK.

Yes normally they do notifiy via e-mail or a phone call.

Given your location relative to California, they may have only used E-mail.

Anti-spam filters may in turn catch the message.

At worst PM John here with your order number about all of this.