Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

GG,
Of course you're missing something. $$ in the wallet. Try 'em all.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:57 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Hi all,

Just wanting to say "Thanks, we owe it all to you!". To all those who have served our country and all involved in Law Enforcement and Fire Rescue as well!

Happy Veterans Day!!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Lou,
I don't worry about the money, my kids do. It's their inheritance I'm spending.
Looks like I'll have to use the Castle HV45 to handle the volts, $150.00+

And thanks to Brent, your centerline/thrust line stick mount on your Stryker, made me rethink mine. I'm going mid mount, twin snorkels, one top and one bottom to feed it, and a single exhaust. Got the fuselage all rehacked out to fit it, and have the 2 intakes built out of depron.Going to install angled covers over the intake tubes, to keep with the X-47B looks.
Plus it gives me somewhere to hide the wires.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:01 PM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Hazey;

Try this heli on for size... cheap to replace parts
http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

TE
Old 11-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Loubud

Hey GG. Not to worry. I usually only worry about my wife's money. When she runs out I have to rethink our relationship.
Glassman. Hazy is still chuckling at me, even tho he's a little...ah hem...blurry eyed from celebrating Capt. Randy's return by his cheapass self, because I can't fly my T-Rex yet. One of these days.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:36 PM
afineman

OOHH

IIII got Cudoes from Brad, IIIII got Cudoes from Brad, I guess if I were a woman I would be moist at this point Hee Hee Hee.

ALL

Last night, I sat down and made a website for the conversion of sound to speed http://users.adelphia.net/~afineman/speed.html , It does WORK and I believe ALL ( who want to post on the speed) need to try it.

WELL, Howard, Kyle ( that right Kyle will be joining us, and you know what that means. GOOD VIDEO), Dan ( a new guy we met), and I will be flying tomorrow.

Howard will bring the Magister, NEW Stryker ( with the MotorMax 400XT) and I think the Jenny, I have 4 planes in Que, the Night Flight Slow Stick, the Stryker, the Magpie AP, and the GWS Tiger Moth. Kyle will bring himself ( he is on a low budget and can fly any of my planes if he wants).

We are meeting at noon, SSOO expect the first video about 6PM, with a series to follow ( Putfile.com is the BALLS[8D]).

Brad, thanks for the nod on the lowering of the thrust line, It does work out VERY well (for me), and it does enhance the control. Especially when you don't have much time to think.

Later ALL

\Brent
Old 11-12-2005, 06:40 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Hollywood,
You need to get out more often. Or is it your inner self trying to escape?
Just to titillate you even more, I'm following your audio to speed thread too.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 AM
CaptainRandy

Here's to Hazy[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Hic-Up....Hic-Up

Whoops, forgot a picture you might enjoy.

F-14 Fly by
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12413.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	352832  
Old 11-12-2005, 11:21 AM
iflyatcae

But what is a good picture without a little touching up....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53797.gif
Views:	10
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	352919  
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM
afineman

Hey ALL

Howard and I went flying for 4 hours today, Kyle was there BUT slacked off and only got 10 min of Camcorder video.

We flew many planes today SS, Magpie, Magister, Stryker, and the Tiger Moth, BUT only have video of the Magister and the Stryker.

I have ripped the movies ( 10 + min from the camcorder and 13 min from the inflight Stryker cam) , putfile seem to be having a problem. ONCE I can upload the videos, I'll edit this post with the links.

Brent

First EDIT: http://media.putfile.com/stryker95 this is a boring video of a cam placed on the vertical fin of the Stryker. I proped DOWN the Stryker ssoo I would not rip off the cam again. SSOO there are NO high speed flyBy's

BUT I was in the air for 20 min (landed because I too got bored), and still had power.

Second edit: Kyle's video work http://media.putfile.com/today42 for those of U who thought of putting landing gear on the Stryker, this is the video for U

Hope U like
Old 11-12-2005, 08:50 PM
CaptainRandy

Ryan,

Pappy was a little slow..... I just got it. I didn't see the guy with the Tx at first. Good job
Old 11-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Diggidy

Brent,

Great videos. Loved the Stryker with the landing gear. Awesome.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:51 PM
AgCat1982

A late "Thank you for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to, you, Captain, and all the
other vets out there!!!!!

Hollywood, you gotta fix that mount! I kept thinking you were going to show an inflight movie on the wing!

Great vids

Good job on the stryker wheels. I wanted to keep the clean lines and low weight, for speed, which is the reason I went for drop off wheels. I don't need them for landing.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:44 PM
AgCat1982

They are out of stock at the moment, but here is a thrust test stand from Balsa Products with digital scales for $37. Not bad! Try the link.

[link=http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/moreProducts/SpecialtyView.asp?ProductId=V786359]Thrust test stand[/link]
Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 AM
AJ1202

Brent cool vids as allways, got the Rocket finnished last night, gonna maiden today. I'm still waiting for parts from RayRay but I just couldn't stand it anymore so I borrowed what I needed from the Hawk, I figured what the hell I want to put a 400 in it anyway
Old 11-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

more rain and babysitting. no flying. latest update on the ultralight situation. went to the airfield this morning and met with about 6 pilots. they're all really nice and friendly guys. one guy there is actually authorized to do instruction, which is brilliant and he said that about 10 hours flight time would probably do. i'd still have to change my UK pilot's licence to a Japanese one but that was pretty simple in New Zealand and it should be ok here as long as i don't have to do an air law exam, for which you normally read a book or two, but even that i'd find a way round. that leaves getting a plane. a lot of the guys there seem to have a plane called the drifter, which is a US 2 seater. that is about $30k including a 4 stroke rotax, which is ok, except i don't have $30k. the kolb planes that somebody posted about are much cheaper and a single seater would work out about half the price. there is a guy at the club who builds peoples planes and he said it's pretty simple. so i'm going to have to sort out a plane and the cash basically.

hey Brent, good vids !! don't slow the stiker down, make it faster please !!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Loubud

Oh Brentski,
I just watched the Magiter and Strker with wheels flick. That's that's some flyin. Haze would be proud to fly the Stryker like that.
Ya know, with wheels it seems to wadel like a duck. More realistic that way. Still a bit funny. Anyaw, 2 thumbs up Tailwinds you know what.
Kiddin RR
Old 11-13-2005, 02:06 PM
RayRay

Well Boys,

Sorry to say but my Omei has crashed and burned on its 9th flight []
Date: Thurday, Nov 10th, 2005
Time of death: 2:20pm

Winds were gusting over 25mph and I said to myself "Self, I used to fly the Badius in 20mph+ winds with no problem, the heavier Omei should do even better in this wind. " Well the Wind Gods humbled old Tailwind. At launch, the wind got right under those huge "Big Bird" yellow wings and she went straight like a kite just as I expected. So far so good, she's flying level at WOT and already 200+ feet high. Nasty crosswind blew her sideways while she was still flying straight. To recover, I turned into the downwind and she took off really fast still maintaining an altitude of 200+ feet. Back into the overpowering head wind, I decide to pull a loop. Nosed down to build up a some airspeed and at a little past the top of the loop, the entire wing seperates from the fuse!!! And here comes the wingless Omei falling from the sky like a missile nose first.

BAM! She hits the ground extremely hard. I hear another thump behind me. Its the wings now sticking up at a 45 degree angle with a one wingtip buried in the grass. Talk about a lawn dart! I race over to see the damage of the fuselage. She's in the "ostrich position" with her tail sticking up and her nose buried deep in the dirt. Fuselage is bent at a 60 degree angle at the canopy section. The nose has to be at least 6" in the dirt. I gently pry her from the beneath the earth to protect the prop and what ever is left of the front of the fuse. Scrape away the mud from the nose and see that the prop is still intact. The fuselage resembles a washcloth that is left outside in the winter to dry. Fiberglass is ripped all over the place, servo tray trashed, what a mess. I walk over to the wings and pluck them from the grass and to my surprise there is NO damage with the exception of a crease in the covering. Balsa spurs all in tact and the wing joint still CA'd in place. Go figure.

I suspect the reason why the wings separated was due to the aluminum mount that I made to secure the wings after the maiden crash. Oh well, I'm saving the wings for Diggity just in case he needs a replacement. I'll chalk this flight up as the worst crash that I've ever had. Even more so than the "yard sales" I've had with my first Stryker.

My digital cam is MIA. When I find it, I'll post some pics of the damage.

Ray Ray

Old 11-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Loubud

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tailwind. Me had high hopes for your bird. But first, what the heck are you thinking. A loop at 200 feet???? Twenty lashes. oh. and a Hail Mary. But still, I'm saddened by all of this. I guess this ends the mean mutha motor debate but Digg will have a good set of wings one way or the other.
A sad day in Bedrock.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:24 PM
RayRay

GG,

Nope. Just looking for an affordable alternative to the Mega. The Mega has gotten a lot of "hype" on the Stryker threads on RCU and RC Groups. Hands down the 16/15/3,4 is a powerful motor for its class. There are alot of brushless guys here (including you) that have can recommend an alternative that is just as powerful but less expensive.

Thats all.

RR
ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl
RR,
What,afraid to come to the source on Stryker speed?
Remember specs have built in safety. 16 cells on a Mega. Pashaw, I was running 6s through the 16/25/3 on Slayer. My 16/25/4's all run over the specs. Keep them cool and they don't care how much you want to push through them.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:28 PM
RayRay

Yeah Lou,

A loop at 200 feet. Who needs more room than that? Fact is, if I built a stronger wing mount, the Omei would have survived fine in that 25mph+ wind.
Thanks, Lou for your condolences.

"Rabbid" [&o]
Old 11-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Loubud

Grounded,
I figured out how to do the donation thing. The Badius Boys send 2 planes, 3 motors and esc's per month to you and you put the savings in the bank. All in favor?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:25 PM
iflyatcae

This isnt sundance. This is a person who logged on as him and is suggesting we give him a plane and all the goods every month, or more. remember... this is not sundance.[sm=stupid.gif]. uh, bye. (not sundance)
Old 11-13-2005, 03:26 PM
iflyatcae

What the .... who was that? wasnt me. But anyway, Im in favor of that idea.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Loubud

Uh yeh. Just send all the planes and mean mutha motors to "Not Ifly" S.C. USA. Don't forget to send a handfull of lipos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.