Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

I recently sold a plane thru RCU. The buyer paid thru PayPal. I shipped the plane from Tampa FL to Providence RI. Its been about 3 weeks, the plane hasnt arrived according to the buyer. I sent the buyer a copy of the shipping reciept and a copy of the paprerwork I filed to have Greyhound locate the missing package. The box is 86 inches long , by approx 30"X 40", kinda big to misplace. The buyer didnt ask for insurance. When I sent the plane, I insured it at my expense as a courtesy to the buyer. A week after it should have showed up, I filed the paperwork with Greyhound to locate the package. I contacted the buyer and let him know what was happening and now its been 3 weeks. Today I get an email from the buyer demanding a full refund of shipping and purchase price. I also recieved a notice from PayPal that my account has had money frozen because the buyer filed a complaint. I feel the buyer really didnt recieve the plane, just my gut instinct. Greyhound will know if it was signed for or not. I met all my obligations as far as the transaction and went above and beyond by paying for shiping insurance. The maximum Greyhound would insure it for was $300, approx $150 less than the purchase price. I had already decided that I would give the buyer the insurance money( shipping cost plus the $300 insured value) ans split with him the remainder and give him $75 back, splitting the loss with him.
Now that I have laid out the history, has anyone been in such a situation before? How was it resolved? I have 100% positive feedback here and on Ebay (proudad) where I buy and sell. I always do my best to take care of people and would rather make my items I am selling seem worse than they are so that the buyer will be very pleased with their purchase. Will PayPal be satisfied when they have my shipping reciept and claim I filed and consider that I fulfilled my obligation? Please share your experiences if you have had them in a similar situation.
Thanks, Denny
Old 07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
tenacious101010

Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Here are text from the transaction emails, I havent used the buyers actual name in respect of his privacy. I have started this thread for others to learn from this experience. I dont blame the buyer for being dissapointed. Insurance and documentation is sooo important!
Here is the text from our communications. I will post the results here to help sellers and buyers to better make good transactions. I hate to see anyone get undeserved badd ratings.
Denny

1)Denny,

As we discussed in earlier e-mails, I will pay $540 for the Bonanza, crate it , and send it to RI.

Thanks, Buyer

2)Denny,

I'll pay $540 for the kit, boxing it up, and shipping it.

Buyer

3)ITEM: XXXXXX - Top Flite Beechcraft Bonanza
QUANTITY: 1
AMOUNT: $540.00
INSURE: Buyer requires shipping insurance for 0% of agreed price
COMMENTS: offered price is for plane, landing gear, building crate, and sending via greyhound.

4)Hi, Has the Bonanza arrived yet?
Denny

5)no - but thanks for checking. i'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

buyer

6)still no sign of it. would you please see if Greyhound has any information on it.

thanks,

buyer

7)Buyer, I called the local greyhound here and gave them the number on the ticket (GLI 3062210833). The guy here cant search the computer to find it, he says they have to do it at corperate or something. I am going down there now to file a report and figure out what is going on. Maybe call the Providence Greyhound and see if they have it using the above number. Here attached is a copy of the ticket with the information on it. Please give me your phone number again.
Thanks, Denny

8)Denny,

Thanks for the follow up. I cannot get my local Greyhound station on the phone to see if they know anything.

Please let me know if you find additional information.

Buyer

9)any word from Greyhound? i'm looking forward to getting this model.

buyer

10)Hello Buyer, You know as much as I do as i gave you the info in the last email. The form I sent you a copy of was mailed to Greyhound corporate headquarters on Friday, I assume it will take 3 business days to get there. As I was told, corporate will initiate a search for it, they would rather find it than have to pay out insurance for it. According to the guy here, they will look for a week to two weeks and if it is not delivered to you by then, they would most likely pay out the $300 for insurance on it. So if my calculations are correct, the form mailed to Dallas should be there by today, give two weeks for them to find it and get it to you. Two weeks from today would be 3 July. If by then they haven't contacted me, I will ask for the insurance money or $300, the maximum they would insure it for. If I hear from them I will let you know. I have no power to do anything else, I have done all I can and as quickly as I can.
Thanks, Denny
Thank you. Hope things are going well for you.

buyer

11)Thanks buyer, I have shipped numerous planes and this is the first time there has been an issue. I know that doesn't make things any better but I am hopeful the plane will be to you soon. Lets give them till Monday, and then I will m,ake a call and see what their plan is. That will give them 3 or 4 days with it in their hands to take action on it. As soon as I hear anything, I will let you know right away.
Denny

12)Denny,

Still no word from Greyhound.

Have you got any more ideas?

Otherwise, I would like a full refund please.

Thank you,

Buyer

11)to be continued.....

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only heard of one case where G/H actually lost a plane, but several where the package was sitting in the cargo area of the recipient. One of the guys had that problem here, and when he went down to the terminal, there was a giant box, that the people were tripping over, but they could not find his. He finally mentioned that it was a large box. guess what. The last plane I had shipped took a week longer than they said it would, because the big boxes go "space available". It may still be at your terminal, or anywhere in between.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:52 PM
tenacious101010

Thanks for sharing your knowledge of similar experiences. I have a feeling it is in a terminal there or somewhere in between. I personally went to the Tampa terminal and its not there. I asked the buyer to call the terminal there but he has not responded if he had done that or not. Lets say, it is not found. What will PayPals stance and actions? Should this deserve a bad rating for the seller?
Thanks, Denny
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

The only other thing you could do is figure which Route the package took and call each station along the way, you've got to figure there are 20-25 stops between Tampa and Providence,, I agree something that large could take a long while for space to be available between legs. Passengers luggage takes priority over cargo always.

Good luck

p.s.
you shoulkd be OK with Paypal,,you have proof of shipping + insurance,, that's all paypal will want to see
Old 07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

I think it was in model airplane news or model aviation, the author sent the construction article plane to the editor, and it took 4-6 weeks. Even after frantic calls to greyhound and the terminal. It will probably still show up. I sent one plane via greyhound. After 2 weeks I sent a tracer on it. The buyer sent me an email that he got the plane, and three days later greyhound said it was delivered. They are slow in shipping, and the large parcels are available space only, cannot do their priority service.
Ed
Old 07-07-2011, 03:35 AM
tenacious101010

I realize that it will most likely show up for the buyer. The issue I have a problem with is I did everything correct on my end and actually went above and beyond, yet my PAyPal assets are frozen. It may be legally correct, but not morally correct. This guy knows he paid for the cost of the plane, shiping, and the crating, but not the insurance. He has the copy of the reciept that I did everything correctly and more, yet he wants the loss to come out of my pocket? I would like to hear of any similar experiences with lost packages during shipping if it has happened to anyone else. I wonder how long my PayPal money will be frozen even if they do realize I am not at fault here? In my opinion, its just not right that I be held accountable.
Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 04:16 AM
tenacious101010

the next email to the buyer:

Hello buyer,
I called the local terminal and they have not heard from Corperate. I have the receipt from send ing the box out, I had previously sent you a copy of that. You did not specify insurance, but I put it on anyway at the maximum they would allow. They should be concluding their search soon. As you did, I did everything correctly and honorably. Obviously the Greyhound shipping is where the issue is. Why would you want me to lose money any more than you should? I have more than fulfilled my end of this transaction. Why do you feel I should pay for all of the transaction costs! I had already decided that if they didn't find the package, I would refund the shipping cost and $300 of the purchase cost, that would have left $150 and I was going to give you that out of my own pocket as an honorable gesture. If this is your idea of fair, I am not impressed and I afforded you way too much consideration and respect. I was told that Greyhound will take a maximum of a month to resolve this before issuing a payout on the insurance. I believe there is still a week to ten days before the end of that period. If you feel a full refund is appropriate and fair to us both, please confirm this and I will act accordingly. Please confirm this ASAP.
Thanks, Denny

then I sent one more email to the buyer today as follows:

Hello buyer,
What action have you taken to locate the package at your end? I had asked you to contact the Providence Greyhound to check status.What was their response? Have you taken any other action to locate the package? I sent you the scanned copies of the shipping reciept, that will be helpful on your end to resolve this.
Thanks, Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Denny, have you called the terminal in Providence?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 AM
tenacious101010

The latest email I sent to the buyer, he has not responded to my last couple emails, he may just not have had time to yet.
Hello buyer,
I called Greyhound here in Tampa and demanded the phone number to corporate to find the status of the package. Their number is (1-800-739-5020) I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Brent, he could not find any action on the lost package. He is contacting a person who should be handling this and says he will have them contact me today. I dont feel I deserve to have a complaint filed with Paypal, you have the proof that I did everything required and more according to our RC Universe transaction. As a courtesy, I have again attached the shipping receipt and lost package form I submitted to Greyhound. We are both very disappointed that the package has not arrived thru no fault of yours or mine. Please confirm, if I understood you correctly, knowing I mailed the package and Greyhound has misplaced it, you want me to refund your money? That I should have to pay for this? I just want to make sure I understand what you are asking.
Thanks, Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 04:48 AM
tenacious101010

Hello Barracuda, No I havent, I have made several calls as per Greyhound instructions. The buyer is unhappy but as far as I can tell, the buyer has not spoken with them there. As far as I can tell, the buyer hasnt done anything to help resolve this. I have kept him informed.
Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Once in a dispute with a buyer,, you need to contact Paypal and show them the evidence that you've shipped the package,, that should satisfy them.

Haven't they emailed you a link to respond to the dispute?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:17 AM
tenacious101010

They did and I responded and explained the situation. Then I asked where I can send the reciepts for them to see but no response yet. I am having my wife call Pay pal for the second time to add my name to our account, its in her name still. She and I called them a month ago to add my name and Paypal still doesnt have me listed. A bit frustrating. Paypal routs our calls to the collections department. I will not be very happy if my spotless credit rating is blemished by this. I hope to talk to Paypal on the phone today and provide them the reciepts and a copy of the RCU transaction contract.
Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
tenacious101010

I found the email address to send my information to ([email protected]). I just finished sending the transaction notification email that I recieved from RCuniverse, a copy of the shipping reciept and the copy of the tracking form I filled out to Paypal via email. I still havent heard from the buyer in response to the last few emails I sent to him.
Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 06:26 AM
tenacious101010

Just recieved this response from Paypal:

This Automatic Notification is to inform you that we have received your
email response, and that it has been forwarded to a representative for
review.

Once our investigation is complete, we will notify you regarding the
outcome of your case.

Please note:

- Investigations may take up to thirty days to complete

- Replies to this Automatic Notification will not be processed

Sincerely,
PayPal Complaint Resolution Team

So it seems because the buyer wanted to go this (legal)route to resolve this, my Paypal funds could be tied up for up to 30days? Since I am currently unemployed, this will and already is having a big impact on my financial situation. Geez, I go out of my way to do the right thing, spend my own money to protect him with insurance and this is how I am treated?
Denny

Old 07-07-2011, 06:36 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Seems like he jumped the gun especially considering I bet the plane is going to turn up.

Greyhound is cheap compared to the other shipping methods but you get what you pay for. I had a helicopter take 2 weeks to go from here to Tallahassee Florida.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:24 AM
tenacious101010

I agree, most likely the plane will be there eventually. Here is the response from Paypal when I sent them my reciepts:

Dear seller,

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

The reported issue is currently in the dispute stage of our resolution
process. By opening a dispute, you are communicating with the
seller/buyer, not PayPal, about this problem transaction.
Please work with the buyer/seller directly through the Resolution Center
in your PayPal account during the dispute stage. To post a message on
the dispute, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
2. Click "Resolution Center" at the top of the page.
3. Click "Respond" button next to the claim in question in the "Open
cases" box.
4. Type your information into the "Message" box and click "Post
Message."
5. You will then have an opportunity to review your message. When you
are finished, click "Post Message."
6. An email will be sent to the other party informing them that a new
message has been posted.
Note:
* A buyer has 45 days after the date of the payment to open a
dispute.
* A dispute can be escalated to a claim within 20 days from when the
dispute was filed.
* Buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to
escalate a dispute for an item not received, unless the dispute is for
$2,500 USD or the equivalent or more.
* If the dispute is not escalated to a claim within 20 days, we'll
close the dispute. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a
PayPal claim.
* When the 20-day deadline is approaching, we will remind you by
email and in the "Resolution Center."
You can learn more about the PayPal Dispute Resolution process by
reviewing our step-by-step tutorials found in the Resolution Center.

To help protect your information, we don?t accept files that are sent as
email attachments. Instead, we offer a more secure way to submit the
information we?ve requested.

Here?s how to send us your information:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click ?Resolution Center? near the top of the page.
3. Find your case under "Resolution Center cases," then click
"Resolve" next to the request for documentation.
4. Click ?Upload Files.?
5. Click ?Browse? to find the file you want to send, then click
?Open.?
6. Enter a title for the file. (The title shouldn?t include more than
3 numbers.)
7. Select the type of evidence, then click ?Attach This File.?
8. Attach any other files, then click ?Send Files to PayPal.?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

Now to me, this guy has set the stage for the following options:
1. He will recieve his plane and still be mad and blame me, oh well.
2. The plane will not arrive but immediatly he drops the complaint and recieves insurance money, and still be mad at me and blame me, oh well.
3. The plane will not arrive, the Paypal dispute will drag on for 30 days (tying up my money for that length of time) and they will review my reciepts, release my Paypal money back to me and he still wont have the plane or his money back and he will blame me, oh well.

I have tried to be considerate to him, look out for his best interests.
Denny
Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 AM
tenacious101010

I emailed Paypal back and explained that I needed the Paypal money and asked if I could provide the proof so this could be resolved in a timely manner. here is the response:

Dear buyer,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. I am
happy to assist you further.

As mention in our previous email, right now the transaction is still in
a dispute phase, whereby you are contacting with the seller/buyer
instead of PayPal.

However, when a dispute is escalated to a claim, during the course of
our investigation, we are required to work with multiple parties. We
also feel it is imperative to offer customers a reasonable time to
respond to our inquiries. To be fair to all parties involved, we will
request and review any information that will assist in making a
decision.

In order to ensure that each customer receives individual attention and
to provide an excellent quality of service, we require approximately 30
days resolving a complaint. In some instances this investigation can
take longer due to the number of parties involved or the complexity of
the situation.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Josephine
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 AM
tenacious101010

This is a real pain! I hope others can learn from this very unpleasant experience. I upgraded this to a Claim with Paypal to expedite the transaction, here the comments thus far on Paypal regarding this transaction:

7/7/2011 08:42 PDT - PayPal: Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim.
7/7/2011 08:42 PDT - Seller: I have the original transaction where the buyer agreed he wanted 0% insurance on the package, Ihe aslo stated the payment was for the item, the shipping crate and the shipping of the item. I also have the shipping reciept and the paperwork I filed with Greyhound to locate the missing package. Please let me know when you wiould like this information, I really dont need my account money tied up for an invalid claim for 30 days or more. I have alredy provided the additional information in previous emails. If you need me to send again, just please let me know. Thanks, Denny
7/7/2011 08:37 PDT - Seller: I have sent three emails to the buyer trying to clear up this issue. I will give him more time but as of now, he has not responded to any of the emails. Thanks, Denny
7/6/2011 13:22 PDT - Seller: As communicated to the buyer, I shipped the item via Greyhound as agreed upon. I scanned my reciept of shipment and the paperwork I filed with Greyhound for the missing item. The buyer did not ask for insurance, I purchased it out of consideration for him. The maximum Greyhound would insure the package for was $300. If the package is not found and delivered to the buyer, Greyhound is supposed to be contacting me within the next two weeks. I have stayed in contact with the buyer and kept him abreast of the status. I can provide Paypal with the reciept of shipment and the lost item paperwork I submitted to Greyhound, just as I had provided to the buyer. I have more than fulfilled my end of the transaction and if the item was not delivered by Greyhound, was prepared to pay half of what Greyhound would not cover. Greyhound says they will cover the $300 in insurance and the shipping cost. That left $150 difference between the payment and the insurance. As a courtesy, I was going to offer to put in $75 of that amount because I felt bad for him. I will gladly provide the reciept of shipment and a copy of the claim I filed to Pay Pal to help resolve this.
7/6/2011 12:44 PDT - Buyer: The model was shipped via Greyhound in late May according to the Seller. It never arrived. The Seller says Greyhound has no idea where it is. I would like a refund in full.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 AM
tenacious101010

When I escalated the dispute to a claim, Paypal gave me the option to submit documents and such which I did along with this note. I hope this will expedite the process. Still no response from the buyer to my emails.

I emailed the buyer several times and have kept the buyer abreast of the status of the package several times. I sent him copies of the shipping reciept and the copy of the missing package form I filled out twice to make sure he is aware of what happened. I drove to the Tampa Greyhound terminal to see if the package was still there and it wasnt. I asked the buyer to contact the Providence Greyhound station to see if it might be there, he said he tried calling but didnt get thru, he probably should put out a bit more effort in locating the package if he wants to work together and locate the item. I spoke with the local Greyhound terminal several times and they said they would contact me on the status, not to keep calling back. This morning I called the Tampa Terminal and demanded they give me the number of their corporate office so I could get some information. I called that number and they couldnt give me any information and said they would call me when the find something out. I dont know what more I can do other than to drive to all the Greyhound bus stations along the way from here to Providence. I really feel the buyer should at least go to the terminal there to check on the package, he has all the documents that I have and have provided to you. I have copies of the emails exchanged between the buyer and I, I can send them if need be.
Thanks, Seller
Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 AM
MinnSpin
My Feedback: (40)

Just my 2 cents, based on 35 years of sales, marketing, and shipping.

Technically - the seller is responsible for delivering the component to the "Ship To" address - in this case a bus station.The buyer is responsiblefor paying all shipping fees unless otherwise negotiated. Your decisionto purchase insurancewasprudent.
  1. Not all Greyhound terminals accept large packages, (airplane coffins), do you know if the terminal you shipped to will accept the package?That may require you to call them and ask.
  2. A good point was made concerning a phone call to each station that the package may have traveled to. It is somewhere. I have personally shipped 14 airplanes via Greyhound,knowing for a fact that not all Greyhound terminals know how to facilitate a shipping transaction.
  3. Until you have exhausted ALL options, DONOTgive a refund, under any circumstance. YOUneed to prove the package's disposition - it's your responsibility.
  4. You have the appropriate paperwork - I would suggest you have it Notarized (that's ussually free).
  5. As you are becoming aware, Paypal is not necessarily Seller friendly - they are buyer entitlement friendly - that's just plain wrong. It will require you to diligently find that package, it's contents, and condition.
  6. DOCUMENTEVERYTHINGABOUTTHISTRANSACTION.
  7. Call them right now - Greyhound Package Express:

Greyhound PackageXpress
    350 N. St. Paul
    Dallas, TX 75201

General Customer Service Inquiries: <skype:span id="softomate_v3_highlight_1" class="skype_v3_tb_injection" title="CallthisphonenumberinUnitedStatesofAmericawithSkyp e:+18007395020" skypeid="1" skypeaction="call" nof="" isfax="" freecall="" fwidth=".w16" type=".flex" mode=".compat" path="file://C:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/" durex2="%DADDYHEIGHT%" durex="%DADDYWIDTH%" context="1-800-739-5020"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_droppart_1" class="skype_v3_tb_imgA" title="Skype actions" skypeid="1" skypeaction="drop" skypesms="0" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_f1" class="skype_v3_tb_imgFlag" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/US.gif)"></skype:span></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_s1" class="skype_v3_tb_imgS"></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_text1" class="skype_v3_tb_injectionIn"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_innerText1" class="skype_v3_tb_innerText">1-800-739-5020</skype:span></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_r1" class="skype_v3_tb_imgR"></skype:span></skype:span> <skype:span id="softomate_v3_print_1" class="skype_v3_tb_injection_print" context="">1-800-739-5020</skype:span>
    Billing Inquiries: Refer to your GPX invoice
    Passenger Baggage Inquiries: <skype:span id="softomate_v3_highlight_2" class="skype_v3_tb_injection" title="CallthisphonenumberinUnitedStatesofAmericawithSkyp e:+12148496246" skypeid="2" skypeaction="call" nof="" isfax="" freecall="" fwidth=".w16" type=".flex" mode=".compat" path="file://C:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/" durex2="%DADDYHEIGHT%" durex="%DADDYWIDTH%" context="214-849-6246"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_droppart_2" class="skype_v3_tb_imgA" title="Skype actions" skypeid="2" skypeaction="drop" skypesms="0" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_f2" class="skype_v3_tb_imgFlag" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/US.gif)"></skype:span></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_s2" class="skype_v3_tb_imgS"></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_text2" class="skype_v3_tb_injectionIn"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_innerText2" class="skype_v3_tb_innerText">214-849-6246</skype:span></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_r2" class="skype_v3_tb_imgR"></skype:span></skype:span> <skype:span id="softomate_v3_print_2" class="skype_v3_tb_injection_print" context="">214-849-6246</skype:span>
    Express Claims Department: <skype:span id="softomate_v3_highlight_3" class="skype_v3_tb_injection" title="CallthisphonenumberinUnitedStatesofAmericawithSkyp e:+12148498620" skypeid="3" skypeaction="call" nof="" isfax="" freecall="" fwidth=".w16" type=".flex" mode=".compat" path="file://C:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/" durex2="%DADDYHEIGHT%" durex="%DADDYWIDTH%" context="214-849-8620"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_droppart_3" class="skype_v3_tb_imgA" title="Skype actions" skypeid="3" skypeaction="drop" skypesms="0" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_f3" class="skype_v3_tb_imgFlag" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/US.gif)"></skype:span></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_s3" class="skype_v3_tb_imgS" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_s.flex.compat.gif)"></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_text3" class="skype_v3_tb_injectionIn" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_m.compat.gif)"><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_innerText3" class="skype_v3_tb_innerText" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_m.compat.gif)">214-849-8620</skype:span></skype:span><skype:span id="skype_v3_tb_img_r3" class="skype_v3_tb_imgR" style="background-image: url(file://c:/DOCUME~1/Jack/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_r.compat.gif)"></skype:span></skype:span> <skype:span id="softomate_v3_print_3" class="skype_v3_tb_injection_print" context="">214-849-8620</skype:span>
    Fax: 214-849-6006

8. Get on it.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:07 AM
tenacious101010

Good advice, I have done all of that except have the papers notorized.
Thanks, Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Denny

It appears that the buyer here is only trying to protect himself. After all, he paid for the plane in late May – it is now early July. If he waits too long, he does lose all of his normal rights and remedies for a satisfactory resolution. It seems to me that you agreed to deliver him a plane and he agreed to pay you a price for that plane plus the shipping cost to him. If I were the buyer, I would want some assurance that I would get all my money back if I did not get the plane. I believe that his actions are only reasonable in this situation.

Unfortunately, it appears that the burden for delivery of the plane is on you. Suggest that you maintain your diligence with Greyhound. You are correct about one thing, and that is that the package is somewhere. Both you as well as the buyer will have to be patient until you find it. As far as locking up your wife’s PayPal account, that does seem a little unfair as long as the transaction is in dispute, but I know little about PayPal policies. I would not release your claim on the buyer’s funds until you find the plane; however, you will have to be the one to take all the action here. (Unless the buyer is motivated to help, but that seems unlikely.)

Charles
Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 AM
tenacious101010

Thanks for your input Charles. Are these opinions or based on past events dealing with Paypal and RCUniverse? Your perception of the transaction is not the same as mine, not to say yours is wrong, its just not the same as mine. I agreed to provide the aircraft, to provide a safe shipping crate and to ship the item, not to escort it, or provide security or such. The delivery was beyond my control. I understand he is not happy, I wouldnt be either. I have had only a few things come missing from the mail, but if I opted to turn down insurance and not request it, my mistake if the shipper shows that he was responsible and ensured proper packaging and delivery to the shipper. Did he want insurance? No. Why would he be asked if he wanted insurance when he agreed to the transaction? I am thinking so he could protect his investment.
I dont see how a seller could be responsible for a package if it is sent properly. For the aforementioned sum, I agreed to sell the item, pack it, and ship it as stated by the buyer. The buyer completed and agreed to a transaction where he agreed to 0% of the transaction be insured. The buyer also was very specific and broke down the transaction into he wanted. The airplane, the shipping crate and the shipping. Insurance was never mentioned by the buyer although I provided it. Again, thank you for your inputs but I would like to know if they are based on a specific event with RCU or Paypal, etc or are they your opinions. Nothing wrong with opinions, but I would really like to have experiences.

I hadnt heard from Greyhound corporate so I made another call. I did get to speak to someone and she said they did not recieve the greyhound express/tracer form. Now I am getting somewhere. I emailed her my copy of the form and of the shipping ticket, I hope to hear something soon.
INTERM SUMMARY: From what I have learned from this thusfar,
1) Documentation is everything, get reciepts and save reciepts.
2) Follow up, dont assume people do their jobs properly, things do happen.
3) Stay in contact with the seller/buyer in a constructive manner.
4) Treat others as you would like to be treated, but it wont always happen.
5) Do not keep a lot of money you might need access to in your Paypal account in case a bogus complaint is filed against you, it could tie up your funds for a long while.
6) Learn, read information thats available. Opinions mean nothing, facts and documentation make the difference.

Thanks, Denny
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

i ship via greyhound all the time and this never happens to me, and if it does.Good Googly moogly!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.