Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:39 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Well guys this is my first time posting on this topic becuase i have a question the other day a friend asked to me to tune his jato and he had this REACT radioand i must say i loved it.........i was driveing his car around and loved the light weight controler but for some reson at about 100 feet away the radio would loose range and the fail safe would kick in is this normal???? how far is the range suppose to be?? he was kidna pist with his radio and tolled me he wasnt sure if he was going to keep it (he bought it about 2 weeks ago this happen this sunday) i tolled him id give him 100 bucks for it and he sayed hed think about it so lets see what he says...i plan on only useing it for raceing since the only thing i actually race is a mugen truggy............everything else are parking lot bashers running off speketrum and FM with my 3PK radio...........what do u think?? whats the normal range on this radio??? is it faster than the futaba FASST system??

Has he tried reinstalling the controller and transceiver firmware???

I have no idea since i have no clue about this radio ill ask him next time i see it.........i liked it becuase it was so much more lighter than my 3PK radio and i thought that was a nice feature......ill ask him next time i see him id only use this radio for my one TRACK READY TRUGGY id still my 3PK for all my parking lot bashers since i can use AM,FM,and SPEKTRUM for that radio

46U congrats on ur buy but could u share with us what happen to you REACT??? why did u have to send it back???

Also quick question does the REACT have a backlight??
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 AM
OctaviaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@MiamizFinest

This link was posted further up in this thread
http://www.rckingdom.co.uk/mam/index...d=214&Itemid=1

There is no backlight
There are pros and cons at bottom.
Nick

Old 07-11-2007, 03:29 AM
flomofo

Been trying to order the radio and found the coupon for the free temp sensor but i dont know where the coupon is to get the radio for 229 shipped from carolinas. Is it still around? I'm in college so from 200 to 300 dollars is a big jump for me as I'm trying to buy several things to get started in 1/10 st racing and adding the revo I just got as well.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Sorry looks like you waited to long on for that deal as they are now back up to $259.99 with shipping in the US.
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=3049

My radio is on its way back from being fixed but will not be home till this weekend. Hope it last more the haf a quart this time!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:52 PM
46u

Well guys this is my first time posting on this topic becuase i have a question the other day a friend asked to me to tune his jato and he had this REACT radioand i must say i loved it.........i was driveing his car around and loved the light weight controler but for some reson at about 100 feet away the radio would loose range and the fail safe would kick in is this normal???? how far is the range suppose to be?? he was kidna pist with his radio and tolled me he wasnt sure if he was going to keep it (he bought it about 2 weeks ago this happen this sunday) i tolled him id give him 100 bucks for it and he sayed hed think about it so lets see what he says...i plan on only useing it for raceing since the only thing i actually race is a mugen truggy............everything else are parking lot bashers running off speketrum and FM with my 3PK radio...........what do u think?? whats the normal range on this radio??? is it faster than the futaba FASST system??

I have no idea since i have no clue about this radio ill ask him next time i see it.........i liked it becuase it was so much more lighter than my 3PK radio and i thought that was a nice feature......ill ask him next time i see him id only use this radio for my one TRACK READY TRUGGY id still my 3PK for all my parking lot bashers since i can use AM,FM,and SPEKTRUM for that radio

46U congrats on ur buy but could u share with us what happen to you REACT??? why did u have to send it back???

The steering wheel spring or something broke in less then a quart. I all so listed in on the Nomadio web site and they removed it for obvious reasons. [X(]
Old 07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Damin69

ORIGINAL: 46u

The steering wheel spring or something broke in less then a quart. I all so listed in on the Nomadio web site and they removed it for obvious reasons. [X(]
I saw your post on the Nomadio site. If you look in that post in the React Only area In Karltons Post he started he said something about removeing support issue posts so I am assumeing that yours was one of them. I really think that part sucks that they remove ALL support issues from the site would be nice to know what people have had issues with maybe things that we can look out for or be aware of so that maybe others have had the same problems and have fixes that might not require support to get involved.

I really hope you get yours back soon. I really like mine. My dad ordered his on Sunday and should have his today, which should make my son happy since he does all the driveing of my Dads Truggy on the track.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
bentgear

I really think that part sucks that they remove ALL support issues from the site would be nice to know what people have had issues with maybe things that we can look out for or be aware of so that maybe others have had the same problems and have fixes that might not require support to get involved.
If they left them up for folks to see it might make the Spektrum units look too good.

Ed M.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
gtsum

ORIGINAL: bentgear

I really think that part sucks that they remove ALL support issues from the site would be nice to know what people have had issues with maybe things that we can look out for or be aware of so that maybe others have had the same problems and have fixes that might not require support to get involved.
If they left them up for folks to see it might make the Spektrum units look too good.

Ed M.

haha...very true....I wished they would leave those posts up there as well, but I doubt they are too worried about spektrum looking too good..I came from spektrum and there is no comparison with the REACT!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Nomadio_Man

Miamizfinest --- Contact [email protected] they'll get You fixed right up with the range issue...

Could be the end of transceiver antenna is kinked over, blocked by metalic chassis/part, TX batts low, software on tx & rx don't match, rx antenna not soldered to the board...

Better yet call Us @ 215-854-8432 just ask for support!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:11 AM
joffacn

Hi
What is the status of the micro Rx from Nomadio for the React?

What other micro Rx's will work with the React? I only need 2 channels.

Thanks Jeff
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Damin69

you could always use the MICRO from Spectrum with the React.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:41 PM
46u

Got my React back and have a big points race next weekend but I assure all I will be taking my Spektrum system with me as back up!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:28 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well after all this the guy decided to keep his radio so i will not be geting it.........that sucks........oh well ill just be geting the futaba FASST for my 3PK radio
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 AM
razzor

Does anyone know if the Futaba Fasst sytem will be able to use Spektrum recievers like the Nomadio does ???
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: razzor

Does anyone know if the Futaba Fasst sytem will be able to use Spektrum recievers like the Nomadio does ???
I seriously dough it. Did you try asking in one of the Futaba threads or email them?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: razzor

Absolutely not... The only reason Nomadio can do it is because it's software based, NONE of the other current systems are... Maybe in the future they will be but I seriously doubt it... Once you buy a Spektrum or Futaba you are stuck using only their receivers...
Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Why would even a software based TX not be able to send to another brand RX that is not software based? Is there some incryption in play that the TX and RX must share once they are bound together?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Damin69

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Why would even a software based TX not be able to send to another brand RX that is not software based? Is there some incryption in play that the TX and RX must share once they are bound together?
Not really what he is trying to say is that with Futaba and others the programing in the radio is SET to use only thier receivers. Where as with The Nomadio React the programing can be updated with software so that it can be used with other Receivers other than thier own such as Spectrum and Airtronics.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:56 AM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: Damin69

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Not really what he is trying to say is that with Futaba and others the programing in the radio is SET to use only thier receivers. Where as with The Nomadio React the programing can be updated with software so that it can be used with other Receivers other than thier own such as Spectrum and Airtronics.

Exactly.... None of the radios have software that can be updated and installed by the user to change any functionality of the radio...
Old 07-27-2007, 01:53 PM
razzor

Thats makes Nomadio the only radio to use other brands of recievers , neat
Problem is they dont make a stick radio
Old 07-29-2007, 09:56 AM
klockerzceo

my react battery was plugged wrong and placed on the usb to the computer, NOT BY ME, has anyone got this problem fixed????
i kno that the warranty may be void because of this.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:43 AM
46u

Did you turn the radio on with the polarity backwards? If not the radio should be OK. Have you tried plugging it back in properly and see what it does? Electronics do not take kindly to reversed polarity!!!!!! I do not use the USB port for charging I have a jack I plug into the radio and use my peak charger. I all so use a 2600 battery pack.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 PM
klockerzceo

when i plug it back to the pc the screen comes on an showsthe charging message but when i remove the usb and try to turn on the react nothing happens.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
46u

Take a voltmeter and see if there is any or what the voltage is on the battery. Did you turn the radio on with the battery hooked up wrong?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:11 PM
klockerzceo

it was pluged into the pc by my aunt and she connected the batts reversed polarity. not to sure if it was turned on. when i plugged it in correctly and connected it to the usb the batt reads 5.19 volts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.