Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Turboprop130

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Im not exactly sure what your asking. Are you trying to set up the fail safe, to apply the brakes and turn the wheels if you lose the signal or are you trying to make the motor shut down completely?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
whizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a remote killswich for my mcd baja and i want to find out how to set it up on the nomadio react what channel what action to give it etc
Old 06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Turboprop130

I'm not totally familiar with the mcd baja. I need a few minutes to research this.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Turboprop130

Before I get in over my head, the kill switch has a plug to go into the reciever and a relay that goes to the motor. Right?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Turboprop130

Ok, I'm not an expert on this but from what i found out is, you just plug the killswitch into an unused channel on the reciever and the other end to the engine igntion. I'm looking at my React and I think you should be able to use either channel three or four. If you use channel 4 I think all you need to do is press the small blue button on the handle and it's either on or off. What you have to do is go into the channel 4 menu and adjust the mode (scroll down 7 times) and change it to toggle. Makes sense to me. Might take some trial and error to figure it out. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
whizzy

cheers for that
Old 06-29-2007, 08:55 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Have not use my React yet but have been reading and learning how to use it as well as setting it up. Several things I am not real crazy about and some have been said before. The screen is too small and needs to have a better battery compartment where the battery does not flop around. Yes I made it where the battery does not flop around but should come set up properly from the manufacture.

The biggest problem I have so far is the stock battery sure does not hold a charge well. I have cycled it about 4 or 5 times with a peak charger. If I let it sets with out using it for about 8 to 10 hours it looses about ½ volt! I under stand batteries will loose some charge just setting but ½ volt in 8 or so hours is a little ridicules! I see I will have to get a better battery.

Other then the above problems I am pleased with it at this point and it has some really nice features! I installed the temperature sensor and at room temperature checked it with my heat gun and I was really surprised to see the two are with in a couple degrees of each other. Will see how the compare when hot the next time I run my buggy.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:21 AM
bentgear

The biggest problem I have so far is the stock battery sure does not hold a charge well. I have cycled it about 4 or 5 times with a peak charger. If I let it sets with out using it for about 8 to 10 hours it looses about ½ volt!
Some folks have reported a drain on the battery when it is plugged in with the radio turned off. Might want to check that out to see if that is the case with yours.

Ed M.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 AM
gtsum

ORIGINAL: 46u

Have not use my React yet but have been reading and learning how to use it as well as setting it up. Several things I am not real crazy about and some have been said before. The screen is too small and needs to have a better battery compartment where the battery does not flop around. Yes I made it where the battery does not flop around but should come set up properly from the manufacture.

The biggest problem I have so far is the stock battery sure does not hold a charge well. I have cycled it about 4 or 5 times with a peak charger. If I let it sets with out using it for about 8 to 10 hours it looses about ½ volt! I under stand batteries will loose some charge just setting but ½ volt in 8 or so hours is a little ridicules! I see I will have to get a better battery.

Other then the above problems I am pleased with it at this point and it has some really nice features! I installed the temperature sensor and at room temperature checked it with my heat gun and I was really surprised to see the two are with in a couple degrees of each other. Will see how the compare when hot the next time I run my buggy.
The stock batt should last a full day of racing. I cycle mine every now and then and it lasts me a full race day (6-7 hours)

Also, check the temp sensor on different cooling fins on the engine...depending on which one you put it on, the temps will be about 20-30 degrees different. On the mills I have run, the colling fin that is level with the head bolts does the best. Good luck!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
46u

I mounted the temperature sensor like the instructions said on the lowest fin of the head 180 degrees from the exhaust port. I do not think there is a drain on the battery with it turned off as after it drops the half a volt it does not drop near as quick after that.
Thanks for the input.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:04 PM
46u

I have the Nomadio RX that came with my React in my main race vehicle. Today I was bonding the React to several of my other vehicles with Spektrum RX. I am guessing every time I use them and it ask if I want to use Beta DSSS I have to press yes? All so the window that pops up just before you either say yes or no to the Beta DSSS is for legalities but can some one please tell me what it says in its entirety as my 53 year old eyes cannot read it before it goes off. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 07-04-2007, 02:47 PM
46u

Talk about up set!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have had my React for about 2 weeks and today was the first day I got to use it other then learning about it and the damn thing broke!!!!!!!!!! The spring on the steering wheel broke!!!!!!!! I have a race this weekend and guess I will have to go back to my good old Spektrum! Yes I will send it back to be fixed but let’s see how well there turn around is. Sorry had to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
gtsum

46U - Contact Carlton at Nomadio right away (via PM and e mail)

[email protected]

I would also call them first thing Thursday morning. That bites this happened to you, but they will get you right as fast as possible (the weekend is coming up soon though). I have been very, very impressed with the CS...
Old 07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
46u

I all ready tried to call and they are closed for the 4th so I am sure I will not hear back before tomorrow!!!!! I defiantly will not get rid of my Spectrum, as I cannot afford to miss any point’s races! [:@]
Old 07-04-2007, 04:59 PM
OctaviaN

Damn thats unlucky sorry to hear that 46U.

You posted to a Topic I created reagrding Futaba 3PM or DX2.0
Do you mind if I blame you for causing me to spend extra money! Yes I just ordered a React System from Tower Hobbies!!!

Good Luck in the races btw!
Nick
Old 07-04-2007, 05:18 PM
46u

Should have looked here for the React! I think Jon ships over seas but not 100% sure. He has 15% off today which would have made it about $229 us. Look on his home page for his coupons.
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=3049
If they do the FREE temperature sensor over there here is a coupon for it.
http://www.nomadio.net/nrp/coupon.php?code=9878ff17
Yes you are more then welcome to blame me for spending more money. I hope I do not regret getting my React right now I am not real happy. []
Old 07-04-2007, 06:42 PM
OctaviaN

Cheers 46 Ill use your coupon when I recieve the kit!
Carolinas is a good price but I got it for only 269 from Tower as the purchase was over 225 they had an ad number to use to get 30 dollars off!!! so it was 269 plus about 23 for shipping overall 292 dollars all in not bad either way, I have dealt with Tower in the past and their customer service is second to none! not to say carolinas isnt!! I just thought Id return the favour to Tower as they helped me out before with an engine failure! So thumbs up to them!

You do have a backup you can use for the race right? :/
Old 07-04-2007, 07:03 PM
46u

I agree Towers is pretty good but Jon at Carolinas RC is better do to his prices and his customer service is second to none as well. He has gone as far as to over night an order do to mine being lost during shipping at no charge to me. He is all so a racer and understands when you need something you need it ASAP! The last 3 orders I had at Towers they messed up 2 of them. Yes they made them as right as they could but 2 out of 3 is not good. On one of the orders they sent a $70 OS pipe in a mailer and when I got it, it was beat all up. Thanks for using the coupon, as it will give me some points towards Nomadio stuff when I get mine fixed. The bad part is I just ordered a carrying case for it today from Jon.

Yes I have the radio I had before the React and I will never get rid of it do to needing a back up. It is a Spektrum DX3 but I was hoping to see how well the React worked this weekend but guess I will have to wait. I am one of those people that they could make s billion radios and only one bad one and I would get it. [sm=sad_smile.gif]
Old 07-04-2007, 10:48 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys this is my first time posting on this topic becuase i have a question the other day a friend asked to me to tune his jato and he had this REACT radioand i must say i loved it.........i was driveing his car around and loved the light weight controler but for some reson at about 100 feet away the radio would loose range and the fail safe would kick in is this normal???? how far is the range suppose to be?? he was kidna pist with his radio and tolled me he wasnt sure if he was going to keep it (he bought it about 2 weeks ago this happen this sunday) i tolled him id give him 100 bucks for it and he sayed hed think about it so lets see what he says...i plan on only useing it for raceing since the only thing i actually race is a mugen truggy............everything else are parking lot bashers running off speketrum and FM with my 3PK radio...........what do u think?? whats the normal range on this radio??? is it faster than the futaba FASST system??
Old 07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
OctaviaN

Getting a dud with any product can happen very annoying though, Im sure theyll look after you just a bit of bad timing! But considering peoples experiences with Nomadio and the units they sell it shouldnt be too hard to forgive and forget!

@MiamizFinest
Faster than the Futaba?
I believe the react is the quickest on the market???
Im not big into my Communications tech but the react does operate at 100Mhz so should be very responsive e.g. less latency!

Nick
Old 07-06-2007, 10:56 AM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Well guys this is my first time posting on this topic becuase i have a question the other day a friend asked to me to tune his jato and he had this REACT radioand i must say i loved it.........i was driveing his car around and loved the light weight controler but for some reson at about 100 feet away the radio would loose range and the fail safe would kick in is this normal???? how far is the range suppose to be?? he was kidna pist with his radio and tolled me he wasnt sure if he was going to keep it (he bought it about 2 weeks ago this happen this sunday) i tolled him id give him 100 bucks for it and he sayed hed think about it so lets see what he says...i plan on only useing it for raceing since the only thing i actually race is a mugen truggy............everything else are parking lot bashers running off speketrum and FM with my 3PK radio...........what do u think?? whats the normal range on this radio??? is it faster than the futaba FASST system??

Has he tried reinstalling the controller and transceiver firmware???
Old 07-07-2007, 08:09 PM
46u

I went to Nomadio web site and post my radio did not last a quart of fuel in a nice way and they deleted it! Radio is on its way back to Nomadio and now time to see how there customer service really is.
Later
Jeff
Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
RCtruckRacer

Im not big into my Communications tech but the react does operate at 100Mhz so should be very responsive e.g. less latency!
I'm pretty sure it operates at 2.4Ghz. The refresh rate between the radio and rx is 100Hz - or 100 x's per sec. This makes it the fastest radio on the market in that area. However, if you use analog servos that speed is completely lost. Although I believe the Nomadio to be a fine piece of equipment, I think all the speed talk is just hype. I've used one, and didn't feel that it gave me any kind of 'edge' on the track over what I use regularly. Its a good radio though and if you like the way it feels, that is the most important factor.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:17 PM
gtsum

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

I'm pretty sure it operates at 2.4Ghz. The refresh rate between the radio and rx is 100Hz - or 100 x's per sec. This makes it the fastest radio on the market in that area. However, if you use analog servos that speed is completely lost. Although I believe the Nomadio to be a fine piece of equipment, I think all the speed talk is just hype. I've used one, and didn't feel that it gave me any kind of 'edge' on the track over what I use regularly. Its a good radio though and if you like the way it feels, that is the most important factor.
Not sure what you are using (FAST, or something else maybe?) - I came from a Spektrum and the speed increase with the REACT is definately noticable (I am running JR 9000 servos). I have never used the new FAST system though...but it is definately faster then my old Spektrum
Old 07-07-2007, 11:28 PM
bentgear

I think all the speed talk is just hype. I've used one, and didn't feel that it gave me any kind of 'edge' on the track over what I use regularly.
I won't go so far as to say it is hype, there is a difference................however................m ost people can't tell the difference. gtsum, this comment is not directed at you.

Its funny how someone brags about how fast the Nomadio, or the FAAST, or the XXX system is, then a few days later starts asking questions that anybody past a rank beginner would know. Most of the high end radios are still sold because of the bling factor, no matter who makes them. Many users don't care how to operate it, they don't care how it works. just that they have the latest and greatest in their hands.

Ed M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.