Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing, your experience?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

HobbyKing, your experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 PM
four50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyKing, your experience?

I am currently experiencing a sudden increase in BP after reading many of the posts on their forums regarding packages turning up 6 months after ordering, theft, non-existant customer service, inaccurate stock levels etc. I made an order on the 25 of Jan 2012 and understood that they were due to go on holidays (Chinese NY) so I sat patiently but after viewing my HK account I notice my order status remains at "In Print Queue". So I attempt to send a message to them but Oh! damn it, message was rejected "mailto:error".
Alright, I'll give Livechat a ring and see if they pick up, hmm nope.
I then attempt to navigate to the forums and it continuely reverts back to my account, even when logged in and on different computers.

Anyway I posted a thread there using my brothers account, funny thing is he ordered some parts after I did and his package has since been posted while mine remains in print queue, so that holiday crap no longer applies.

- Cannot access livechat because no one answers, tried number of times at different times
- No response on their board in 2 days
- Request ticket remains in waiting queue
- Order remains in Print Queue even though it states that all products ordered are reserved and it appears their people cannot organise orders according to date.
- Cannot access forums

Businesses like this irritate me, and I know I should've done my research first but the cost was just TGTBT. I'm just glad there's an Aus warehouse nearby where I can demand refund if things turn sour.
I can wait it out sure, but not months like some have. It appears by shopping at HK you enter a lucky dip, some get served others do not haha.

Your experience?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 PM
four50

Default RE: HobbyKing, your experience?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Jorge Obama

good luck to you
Old 02-03-2012, 04:01 AM
four50

Update: They've changed my order status to 'Order has left printer and now preparing item/s for shipping'*.

<3UHK

*similar to that but not exact statement

Old 02-06-2012, 12:49 AM
AKPhill

I don't know what kind of bad experiance your having but If I am patient the item takes a week to get processed and shipped to me

Made a mistake during there holiday and ordered some servos ( had a duh moment) lol but I recieved tracking # and they left Hong Kong yesterday I figured that was really good cause Iwasn't expecting till end of Febuary .

And I think the more orders you do the faster they get with the shipping .

Had a gyro go out before it even flew emailed there service department and they issued a rma sent it in and a new one came back just took some time .

oh and I paid like $7.00 toget it originaly to me and when I sent it back was $1.50 to send it to them Figured that was some markup there LOL
they sent it back to me freight paid by them.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:45 AM
four50

Where those servos you ordered HXT900?
It's been a terrible experience, and probably my fault for ordering around the Chinese New Year but still they have major, MAJOR, customer service problems. Their lack of customer communication is enough for me to stop purchasing from them, and go to a local Hobby shop even if twice or three times the price.
The reason I ask about those servers is because they are now on backorder but when I ordered them it stated "in stock". Half the stuff I've ordered says Backorder on the product page but not on my account, it states reserved however I think their stock level indicator is a pos.
You know what's worse, I've been reading forum posts where people have been waiting months for a refund but I don't know if these people are rival hobby shops or serious.

EDIT: Update, spoke to Livechat again (only took 4 reloads after 10 minutes each), looks like I'm just impatient, they ensure me the package is waiting for HK450 then it will ship so I'll give until end of week then contact again:

Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Jorge Obama

Normally,shall be no problem,my friends tried several items from there
Old 02-13-2012, 07:03 AM
gkeup

I ordered on jan 29, 2012. My origional order had three itemss on it. Two of the items were small stuff just to fill out shipping. I was notified in email that the order shipped. I checked my order to see shipping info and what I founf is that my order no longer contained all my items. only one piddly $1.35 item remained. I was concerned that hobby king shipped acording to the erronious order. The order arrived as I feared with only a stinking $1.35 landing gear wire. Prior to the package arriving I also tried to contact Hobby King and after the fact also have tried to contact them. Your experience is almost identical to mine. Frustration. I read in other forums that dealing with hobby city is a crap shoot. Dealing with them is a gamble. Is the gain worth the pain. [&o]
Old 02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
tlrascal
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I order parts in advance anticipating a need for them and that becomes somewhat expensive but that way I am not in a panic waiting for parts. You need to be patient and do some advance planning.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

ok something is not adding up here. i made 2 orders 1 from hk usa warehouse and 1 from mainland china. i recieved  items from usa warehouse in 5 days but i recieved mail from china saying it was shipped on the 22nd and was recieved at their post office or what ever they have there and now on 26th it went to sort?? *** it takes them 4 days to do this? i thought these guys worked 23 hours a day ! i cant believe they would have this many packages that it would take 4 days to do any of this stuff at their post office or warehouse. truth be known they probably open all the stuff go through it and take what they want then just lose the package. ! very suspicious !
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM
four50

I recieved my package about 1 week ago, all 40~ items in the box, everything operates as described and HK450 helicopter is a real bargain for $28bucks, w.t.f. right?

Although do stay away from the Turnigy hex drivers, real pos.

Will definitely purchase again fromHK!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:39 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A little paranoid aren't you? Yes it takes alot more time sometimes to get it processed in the China warehouse. I've had times it took a month to print the order, move it from the back warehoue to the front warehouse, pack, check, and get it to the airport.... On the other hand I've had stuff make it to my door from China 3 1/2 days after I placed the order. You just have to be a bit more patient with them. If you are the type that can't wait, want perfect customer service, a english speaking person to talk to, a goos waranty program, etc... don't order from them.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

not paranoid and i understand im not the only customer im just saying thats a awefully long time to stay in sort in hong kong post office and i understand thats probably the main hub for all of china but im sure they have better automated equipment then anyone else except japan. lol
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I have a few thousand dollars of successful orders from them. I make it a point to only order stuff from the US warehouse though... I have never had an issue with them.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 AM
drobin

I order stuff from both the US warehouse and China. Haven't had an issue. 5 days for US and 14-21 days from China for things to arrive. They will tell you on their web site that it can take up to 6 weeks in some cases for you to get their order. I had a bad ESC one time and the problem was taken care of in a couple of weeks. That time period may be to slow for some people.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
four50

I'm really hoping that soon theAustralian warehouse orders more stock, a lot of the parts are not stocked here.

I'd also make it a priority to order from the Aus warehouse from now on considering my brother ordered a package from the Auswarehouse Tuesday (2 days ago) and recieved it today, in fact his flying the plane right now, it's a real beaut.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
ferretmaster

I have spent a few thousand dollars (US) with HK in the last couple years. This was spread over 40 or so orders and I have never had an issue with the HK side of the equation. They have taken a day or so to get the paperwork and product to the shipping area, but most Asian companies are not much better.

With that being said, the Hong Kong Postal Service leaves something to be desired. It has taken them up to a week to get my order off the "island", but it has always arrived within four weeks of my ordering. Some of that wait time has been waiting for customs to clear my package.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Jorge Obama

yeah,it require patience sometimes